Underage Gaians Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:36 pm
I believe you are supposed to be 13 to play here, yes?

I was playing slots and these two were discussing their ages and neither was 13 yet.

What to do? Nothing?  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:39 pm
I don't think that there is a definite rule against people younger than 13 but I suppose you can report them to a mod with the chat log. Idk, I think 2k of online users are under the age of 13 at least.  

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:39 pm
it depends . . . if they act horribly then it may not be a bad idea to report them . . . or they could get themselves into much more trouble along the road . . . if they're decent about it odds are someone's taught them to use the site such as i've taught my neice who is 10 to use the site . . . so she knows better than to act stupid . . . or to do anything without calling me first . . . or me being there . . .  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:41 pm
They were flaky but not bad. No worse than some noobs, asking for donations and such. They didn't get too pushy though.  

Salmay
Captain

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:42 pm
I think you are supposed to report them. Personally as long as they are not doing anything else like begging or cybering I just let them be. Unfortunately there are an awful lot of under age kids on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:44 pm
Can't really PROVE they are underage though. They may have been joking or somesuch  

Salmay
Captain

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:49 pm
Salmay
Can't really PROVE they are underage though. They may have been joking or somesuch

yeah that's the reason i typically let them be so long as they aren't idiots . . . and if they are idiots . . . there's typically something you can report about that doesn't deal with the age something with proof  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:53 pm
Flakey and clueless but willing to listen and learn, apparently.

They did ask for donations, but, as I said, not pushy.  

Salmay
Captain

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:59 pm
Salmay
Flakey and clueless but willing to listen and learn, apparently.

They did ask for donations, but, as I said, not pushy.

that's about a normal person . . . if they are underage least they're not idiots . . .  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:01 pm
Other than announcing that they were underage...

beyond that a typical new kid  

Salmay
Captain

Lady Catalina

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:06 pm
Salmay

Why would anyone announce that they're underage? Geez. At least lie about it! lol xd Well... Maybe not. sweatdrop I must try to set a good example after all for all the kiddies out there!  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:13 pm
Lady Catalina
Salmay

Why would anyone announce that they're underage? Geez. At least lie about it! lol xd Well... Maybe not. sweatdrop I must try to set a good example after all for all the kiddies out there!

They don't have to lie! Nobody asked until one brought it up. They should know to keep their mouths shut.

Kids these days... rolleyes  

Salmay
Captain

Cattrain

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:38 pm
TOS
Eligibility; Account Information. Gaia Online is not available to persons under the age of 13 or to any Members suspended or removed from Gaia Online by Gaia. You agree that the information you provide to Gaia on Member registration and, at all other times, will be true, accurate, current and complete. You also agree that you will ensure that this information is kept accurate and up-to-date at all times.

You can report them, and they will be temp banned until they are 13. I don't always report people for that, just if they annoy me.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:45 pm
I started playing when I was 12. I think I had the maturity to handle gaia xD
I still do in fact, I'm just now the legal age to actually... be on gaia I guess.
Well, underage gaians who AREN'T mature enough to handle it need to gtfo. We have too many n00bs that ACT like little kids, we don't need the little kids themselves now.
What would I do? Report them.  

LolCow Loves Cheeze

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:47 pm
Cattrain
TOS
Eligibility; Account Information. Gaia Online is not available to persons under the age of 13 or to any Members suspended or removed from Gaia Online by Gaia. You agree that the information you provide to Gaia on Member registration and, at all other times, will be true, accurate, current and complete. You also agree that you will ensure that this information is kept accurate and up-to-date at all times.

quote]
You can report them, and they will be temp banned until they are 13. I don't always report people for that, just if they annoy me.[/

see i agree with that . . . only report them if they're acting like kids . . . if they act decent like a typical gaian i say give them a pass, forget it . . .  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff