Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply General
Guild Suggestions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:10 pm
Do you have an idea for the guild that you want to let me know?
What about an idea for an item for a giveaway?
This is the thread to post it in!
Simply reply to this thread, state your idea, & I will personally do my best to make it happen!
Don't be shy! What do you have in mind?

Ideas in progress:
Poetry contests
Haiku contest
Tektek contests
Tektek Worst avi contests
A tektek FaithBlack's avi contest
Naughty Avi contests
Art contests
Avi art contests
Knowledge contests
Most Embarrassing Moment contest
Self-Portrait contests
Caption contests
Funny Picture contests
Word Play contests  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:23 pm
Why not have a few contests? Like a drawing contest or a writing contest. Maybe we could have a "Tektek Faith Black" contest. biggrin  

xXBigLove4127Xx

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:33 pm
Ryu_Muramasa
Why not have a few contests? Like a drawing contest or a writing contest. Maybe we could have a "Tektek Faith Black" contest. biggrin

I've thought about doing some things like that, but I'd really like to wait until we get a few more members before I start anything bigger than the Monthly Item contests I'm doing now, & since I've just started this guild, there's only 1 monthly contest running right now. If I wait until the end of this month, I can make another one for a much better item, which I'll use to draw more people in. If after I've got 3 monthly contests running for various items worth quite a bit, no one still comes in to join them, then I'll start some more bigger contests that will appeal to a broader range of people, like art contests & things like that.
If a whole lot of people join the guild, & if I know for sure that quite a few of them are interested in entering an art contest, then I'll start that sooner rather than later.
On the other hand, I never thought of a "Tektek Faith Black" contest, & that's a great idea! I'll definitely use that one once I've gotten a few more members interested in the guild, which I'll then use to promote me in my profession a little more.
Thanks for the great ideas!  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:37 pm
Why not have a contest on knowledge of certain topics such as anime, games, the world, etc. question  

Celionis

Interesting Hunter

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:59 pm
Charkan
Why not have a contest on knowledge of certain topics such as anime, games, the world, etc. question

I hadn't though tof that. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:28 pm
Since you want more people to post in here, you should do something dealing with the number of posts a person makes. So, like, if a person posts 200 posts or something (and you can see when they do this in the members thingy) they get something, like a certain number of gold, or an item or something.
Or you could do another monthly thing where the person that posts the most posts (according to the member page thingy) gets a prize each month or something. It'd be a good way to get people posting more. The only problem would be if the same person won every time or something. That would be unfair.  

Meiglan

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 pm
Meiglan
Since you want more people to post in here, you should do something dealing with the number of posts a person makes. So, like, if a person posts 200 posts or something (and you can see when they do this in the members thingy) they get something, like a certain number of gold, or an item or something.
Or you could do another monthly thing where the person that posts the most posts (according to the member page thingy) gets a prize each month or something. It'd be a good way to get people posting more. The only problem would be if the same person won every time or something. That would be unfair.

I hadn't thought of that either! Great ideas! Thanks for suggesting them!  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:08 pm
how about a contest about who can get the most members to join the guild. its like they have to invite the person to join, then they post or PM you the people they have invited and actually joined, and to make sure they were invited, you PM the person asking if they got an invite. That way, you get more members to join, and a contest!!!! If you are still confused, PM me!

another idea is you can make a topic, or subforum that says chatterbox, so people can chat there. i have lots more ideas, but i forgot most of them. hopefully, i will remember them quickly!! hehe!!

OOH!! i got another one just now!!

4laugh you can have a gift giving forum, or auction/ sale. people can donate/sell/auction an item from or to a person. They can also donate the item they do not want to the owner of the guild, and the owner can sell it.

another great idea of mine is to have a charity!!!

Well, thats all the ideas i can think of right now!!! Remember to PM me if you are confused, or want to ask some questions!! i love PMs!!!

BYEBYE for now!! (needs a hug. feels lonely. just kidding) byebye!! i will miss you all! crying  

i Y o s h i k o

3,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

i Y o s h i k o

3,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:17 pm
hsmfreak01
how about a contest about who can get the most members to join the guild. its like they have to invite the person to join, then they post or PM you the people they have invited and actually joined, and to make sure they were invited, you PM the person asking if they got an invite. That way, you get more members to join, and a contest!!!! If you are still confused, PM me!

another idea is you can make a topic, or subforum that says chatterbox, so people can chat there. i have lots more ideas, but i forgot most of them. hopefully, i will remember them quickly!! hehe!!

4laugh you can have a gift giving forum, or auction/ sale. people can donate/sell/auction an item from or to a person. They can also donate the item they do not want to the owner of the guild, and the owner can sell it.

Well, thats all the ideas i can think of right now!!! Remember to PM me if you are confused, or want to ask some questions!! i love PMs!!!

BYEBYE for now!! (needs a hug. feels lonely. just kidding) byebye!! i will miss you all! crying

hi i am back very soon!!
i have another idea!!!

have an avatar contest. choose people with the best avatar, either chosen by you, or by poll.

another one is poetry contest, or story writing contest!!!

you can also have a forum about most embarrasing moments or something.

you can have a advice forum, friend making forum, or book talk forum (like a book club)!!!

i now have no ideas left... sad  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:11 pm
hsmfreak01

For your idea on inviting members, the people competing would all have to be Crew members, & I'm not comfortable with that. Then there's the simple fact that someone could make 15 accounts & invite them all & say that they're different when they're actually not. I know that one of my friends has 11 accounts, & all but one of them are members of this guild already, so that just further proves my theory.

The Chatterbox idea, I feel, isn't needed. If people want to chat like that, it can be done in the main forum. If there's a consistency of a certain thing being talked about often, I'll make a subforum for it & move everything on that topic to there.

Your idea of giveaways or donations already has a subforum made entirely for that. In fact, you've participated in the May (Kaya) Giveaway. If someone wants to do that, they can feel free to do that in the subforum made for it. Personally, I'm not willing to do more than 1 Giveaway a month because, put bluntly, I can't afford it. I'm having a hard enough time finding time to earn gold without having to worry about losing so much of it all at once for multiple Giveaways a month, but anyone else that wants to do that can feel free to do so.

Thank you for your suggestions, they are much appreciated! ^_^  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:18 pm
hsmfreak01

hi i am back very soon!!
i have another idea!!!

have an avatar contest. choose people with the best avatar, either chosen by you, or by poll.

another one is poetry contest, or story writing contest!!!

you can also have a forum about most embarrasing moments or something.

you can have a advice forum, friend making forum, or book talk forum (like a book club)!!!

i now have no ideas left... sad

I have plans for an avatar contest, & a poetry contest (all other contest ideas so far are listed on the home page), but I'm waiting until there are a few more active members.
There's already an advice subforum.
The entire guild is supposed to be a friend making forum.
Embarrassing moments thread, I hadn't thought of, but I don't think I could make an entire forum based just on that.
Book talk forum, I hadn't thought of. Thanks again for your suggestions.  
General

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff