Dungeons & Dragons

Complexity: 2
Popularity: 3
Support: 3
Versatility: 1

The golden standard of basic table-top roleplaying. Apart from being the most wide-spread and popular RP, it is a simple system to understand for both its players and the GM. Of Course, with simplicity comes faults, as the system has many cracks that a player can slip through, potentially crippling or advancing the player exponentially. While the base world can be altered by the GM, it has to be done with extreme care, lest the carefully balanced system fall apart from under you.

Ars Magica

Popularity: 2
Support: 2
Versatility: 1

A far different system than the standard D20; this is the genisis of the D10 style of Role-Playing. With basic skills handled by pre-assigned points and dice used primarily for combat, storytelling and in-game politics took over the gamble that was "LULZ! I got a natural 20" for every action. It is revered as one of the most respectable systems to date.

7th Sea

Support: 1
Versatility: 2

The Pirate RP, with a pre-designed world, politics, and early blackpowder weaponry. The system is close to a mix between D&D and Ars Magica, using the D10 to control things both in and out of combat. With only one playable race and a pretty familiar setting, the world is much easier to twist around and craft into your own without breaking the system.

Iron Claw

Popularity: 1
Support: 1

DEAR GOD WHY?! This "Furry" RP is known best for, apart from being furry, its balanced combat and spell system, which pits skill against skill instead of skill against static number. Damage and checks are handled in a similar fasion to D&D, and as such uses the D20 system. With many different races and cultures already in the game, adding or removing a few isn't going to kill the game.

Legend of the Five Rings

This game is comparable to D&D in that it is set in its own universe with its own races, cultures, and so on, with gameplay similar to 7th Sea, using the D10 to solve everything in and out of combat. The main difference between this and 7th Sea is that the culture, settings, weaponry, and enemies are based on Japanese mythos. This can prove to be a challenge to players unfamiliar with the culture, as certain aspects may feel restricted or strained when following the social patterns of the era. With an expansive world and a near-infinite resource to pull from, there are many ways to craft this into your own story.

Star Trek: The Next Generation RPG

Yes, much like the religeon, I was shocked, but not suprised, to find that a Star Trek RP was created. Truth be told, I was more suprised that its a decent system that works well. With regular actions handled by assigned skills and combat handled in a similar fasion to D&D, gameplay flows suprisingly well. With a game as big as the universe, it's hard to imagine anything being impossible to add on to it.

...I'll add more in later, I know I'm missing GURPS, Cthulu, White Wolf, EarthSea, and so on. I didn't realize how big the world of table-top gaming was...to be edited later.