Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:31 am
User Image
Her Items

Mawi Mai stared at the her drum in front of her. She laided out under a shady tree, she didn't want to leave this spot for a odd reason. Her mind was full of things.

She now had seven new half siblings. She knew she had siblings other then Taka, her closest. There was one that was born with her, she really didn't know much about her she lived with Mawi's father. Then she had heard that her father had MANY other children then herself and her two sister. But now, on her mothers side she had seven new siblings.

On top of that four of them were girls, Mawi wasn't a big fan of other girls, hence her and her sisters best friends were boys. She sighed and placed her head on the drum.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:15 am
User Image

Jumanah was one of those new little girls, and had yet to cotton on to this whole half-sibling' deal or that Taka and Mawi weren't so fond of girls as they were boys. She was too young to worry about too much for long. Besides, she was a live-in-the-moment, fly-by-my-tail kind of cub. So when she saw Mawi Mai under a tree on her own, she padded over to keep her company without a care in the world. She had been going to go see if anyone wanted to playfight or make up some cubbish dance - she was a bit of a tomboy - but since Mawi was theeeere...

"Hey Mawi! Whatcha doing?" The silvery cub flopped down and offered a curious smile.

Successful Edit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:08 pm
At first Mawi didn't notice the cub, she wasn't used to any cub that looked the slightest bit like her mother. She blinked as she flopped down then realised it was one of her siblings. At first she just looked at the blue eyed cub, her eye color was close to her own. Then her mind raced trying to pick out a name. There was six of them! The only names she really remembered was her own, her sister, mother and her friends.

"Hey." Her mind processed the name even though it took a while. "Jumanah. I'm pretty sure that's your name." She eyed the young female, some one must not had gave these girl cubs the memo, about her not being fond of females.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:41 pm
"Well, yeah..." Her ears flattened just a fraction for a second, before rising again. She guessed it might be hard with seven of them running about to remember all their names - she got Hukuna and Matata mixed up sometimes - but it hurt a little bit. How could her own sister not know her name? Maybe she'd been too busy with music and hunting and friends and things. Ah well! Not worth dwelling on really, she'd know her in time, right?

"You can just call me Juma or Anah though! I don't like being called my full name all the time." She smiled, offering the nicknames she preferred. There. Easier to remember, surely, since they were way shorter than her full name. Besides, she liked to save her full name for special occasions! The young cub let her head rest on her crossed forepaws and resting that way meant her gaze was directed towards her sisters drum.

"Sis, was it hard to make your drum? Its pretty, I like the starry flowery things."

Successful Edit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:01 pm
Mawi Mai arched a brow at her little sister. She flicked her tail thinking about the names. "Jumanah." She insisted. "Its your name, thats what I'm calling you." She nodded to the younger female and shifted so she was sitting up a little bit more but she was still laying down.

"Thank you." She looked at her drum and smiled, but it turned back into a plan gaze when she moved her eyes back up. "No, it maybe took a half'n hour. It took most of the time getting the supplys then anything. And I didn't have to kill a animal to get the skin because mom already had some ready." She picked her head off of the drum knowing that the skin would start to strech, she already had to replace it once for using the drum too much.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:21 pm
"So should I call you Mawi Mai and not just one or the other?" She almost rolled her eyes but caught herself in time. Instead, she rolled her self over onto her back, fore legs so her paws rested on her chest and back ones akimbo. It was a very relaxed pose and displayed her spontanious nature. She liked nicknames. They were cute, sorta sweet. Though as a tomboy herself, she didn't fancy advertising just why she liked nicknames.

"I thought maybe it took longer. I can't wait until I'm big enough to make my own drum and find my beat. Though I bet the jungle'll be so loud with me and the others all banging away at once I won't be able to hear it!" She joked, imagining her littermates making drums around the same time she did. It'd be quite a racket but she didn't know just how big the jungle was. She just hoped to make this big sister of her smile.

Successful Edit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:37 pm
Mawi Mai rolled her own eyes at her sister. "Don't be smart mouthed." She hissed slightly and started cleaning one of her paws. "You can call me Mawi or Mai but I am going to call you by your full name."

Mawi couldn't help but to laugh at the cubs comment. She wanted to point out how big the jungle was but she didn't. "You will most likly going on the quest yourself." She looked up from her paw. "Me and your other older sister are very close, closer then others, and we went on our own. Its best to be out there by yourself when your doing your quest." She wasn't very one hundred precent sure about that but she did know that her and Taka decided to do it by themselves, and really never heard of pairs going out on drum quests.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:00 am
"It must be wonderful having someone you're so close to." She wondered aloud. Jumanah loved all her siblings pretty much equally, including the older pair of sisters. She didn't really have a favourite out of her family. Not really. She found Hakuna and Matata funny because they looked soooo much alike, and admired their mother. But...no one really, really, really stood out!

"Have you two always been so close, right from the start?" She smiled an upside-down smile at her sister, still being on her back. Maybe it was something you grew into, having someone you were extra-special-close to.

Successful Edit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:27 pm
Mawi nodded for a moment, "for a while there wasn't many cubs around, there was Juke's cubs but they were older, so we were alone together," She smiled. "We always hung around and we were just close from the start." She nodded.

Her gaze drifted up to the top of the tree, she almost forgot the cub was there but it was hard for her not to notice the cub.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:28 pm
"Oh. Well, you're older than me..." And you're not exactly fun to hang around with. She didn't add it but she thought it. Just 'cos she loved Mawi, because she was her sister, didn't mean she had to like her, Jumanah decided. She hadn't even remember her name easily then insisted on using it in full even though Juma hated it and had asked her not to. Now she just seemed to be trying to ignore her.

Huh.

"Maybe I should go hang out with the younger cubs. Maybe the person I'm supposed to be close to is one of them." The cub rolled just as abruptly onto her front as she had her back. Cubs are such tumbley young things after all. She stretched lazily, with a idle flick of her tail and one of those exaggerated yawns animals are prone too. Mm, good to be up.

Successful Edit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:55 pm
Mawi Mai blinked at her for a moment, she flicked her tail behind her and also yawned, she hated when others yawn, it just kind of passed on. She flicked her hair out of her eyes and looked at the cub, feeling slightly bad about the way she was treating her own siblings, but she wasn't used to anyone else then her sister.

She nodded to the cub. "Maybe... Its always good to have some one to be close to..." Her voice trailed. "Good luck, Juma." She smiled softly.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games