Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Finals Semi-horror story... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should I have done?
BOOT TO THE HEAD!
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Nothing; you did the right thing.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
...if I told you, I'd have to...*stares elsewhere* COOKIE!
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Gold? Gold for the person who read your post?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:11 am
Last night, I took the social inequality finals, and we were given the chance to take it either alone and with a partner. I was about to take it alone, but the guy above me tapped me on the shoulder and insisted we partner up.

Not wanting to be mean, I said yes. I looked at the first three questions he answered, and it was mostly this:

Question: "What is something you wanted to say that you haven't said already?"

His answer: "i wated to say thank u and it was an honor having u 4 a teacher."

Me: *loud whisper* "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You'll make us lose points."

Him: "Don't you believe in chatspeak?"

Me to myself: crying

---------

I ended up answering the rest after he repeated that two more times. Then before we turned it in, I fixed everything. Among his mistakes were "skool" and basically a repeat of the above. To top it off, the guy never went beyond the text book and just wrote what was on his notes. -sigh- We better not have lost points. I will not be happy if we did.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:20 am
I hate all the names they come up with for it. "Chatspeak", "speed type", "Spead talk" Gah. It's just laziness and ignorance, it's not typing fast to save time.  

mdarkcecil

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:12 pm
I agree completely with you; I find it easier to just write normally. -shrugs-  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:27 pm
Meh...could be worse. One of the questions on the teacher evaluation we had to fill out in every class had "like" spelled "lke" ... I hit my head on my desk on that one. I didn't notice it until my 5th evaluation.  

Niccea Majeare

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:28 pm
Umm... wow. My English teacher is pretty strict and kick-arse. He wouldn't take that bullcrap. I bet he'd announce to our class that someone wrote something illiterate or retarded... or something along the lines of that.

All my friends know I'm pretty much a stickler when it comes to grammar. I would scream at them and point out their mistakes... like the rude little stickler I am. Eheheh....

Hmm. Ninth grade honors English... my honors class doesn't really act like one. *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:32 am
To update you all, I got an A+ for the exam, so I guess spelling wouldn't have mattered. stare  

Patron with a Mission

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:20 am
That's double-sided.
Yay that you got an A+, but blah for
the "spelling doesn't matter much".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:30 am
Heh, never had that problem before...at least not recently. confused  

Natsuri

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:52 am
I would have done it by myself and let the chatspeaker fail. -.-;  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:04 pm
You poor, poor thing. sad  

Cheerfulhope

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:17 pm
I suppose what bothered me the most was the way it didn't matter how we wrote or anything. Ironically enough, the professor was encouraging us to get educated so we could help set the scales of society a bit more equal.

Doesn't this demonstrate the exact opposite is happening? -shrugs-  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:34 pm
Should there be a next time just say no and stick to it and let the dumb student fail because of their own laziness and knowledge, don't let them drag you down cause that is just not right.  

Dragon Razikale

Relentless Dragon

13,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:47 pm
Did you know I have nightmares about that sort of thing happening? Seriously, I have had some really bad realistic dreams about failing a test or being stuck in such a situation. I salute you for dealing with that. -shudders- I do believe I would have fallen out of my seat and gone into convulsions over that. Okay, I probably wouldn't go into convulsions, but I would have fallen out of my seat.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:52 pm
May the gods of grammar smite him. Chatspeak is bad enough on the computer, but in the real world? Please. Just please. Somebody else will have to kill him for me- I'm going to go make myself a stiff drink. Maybe this will have been a bad dream.  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:09 am
Nicholas Kaze
May the gods of grammar smite him. Chatspeak is bad enough on the computer, but in the real world? Please. Just please. Somebody else will have to kill him for me- I'm going to go make myself a stiff drink. Maybe this will have been a bad dream.
Can you make another drink for me? I think I'm going to join you in trying to snap out of this nightmare that hopefully is not real.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff