Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
BOOK OF SHADOWS Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:01 pm
A book of shadows is a place for us to write our spells, rituals and other bits of information that might be relavent to our craft. Please feel free to share your favorite spells, rituals, blessings, etc..., however please don't post comments or questions in this thread (they will be deleted). If you have any questions or comments please make a separate thread in the subforum.

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:09 pm
While many of us do know what it is, there may be some who don't know what a Book of Shadows is...this is for you!

Deadly Nyghtshade

Book of Shadows

A BOS is a diary/journal in which a Witch records his or her personal spells, invocations, rituals, dreams, recipes for various potions, and so forth. Some traditions say it must be hand-written, others say it doesn't matter. A Book of Shadows may be kept by an individual witch or by an entire coven . In the event of a Witch's death, the Book of shadows may be passed down to his or her children or grandchildren, kept by a High Priestess & High Priest of the Coven (if the witch was a member of one at the time of her death), or burned in order to protect the secrets of the Craft. Whichever course of action is taken, of course, depends entirely upon the customs of the particular Wiccan tradition and/or the Witch's own personal wishes.

A magickal journal kept by each wiccan initiate, in which spells, invocations, ritual notes, herbal recipes, dreams, divination results and material from the coven book can be recorded. Some people write in Thesbian script or in other alphabets.
Sew into the cover of the Book leaves of the sacred herbs vervain, rue, bay, willow or others, if you wish. They should be well-dried & secretly placed by the light of the moon. The covers of the Book of shadows should, of course, be covered with cloth.

Deadly Nyghtshade

So what things are written in a BOS?

The following is a general list of things that would be contained in a BOS - as each one is personal to you or your coven, you can include whatever you want to.

Book Blessing
Favorite Quotes & Magickal Rules
Index
Magickal Information

1.Alphabet (Magickal) Research
2.Astral Projection Research
3.Astrological correspondences
4.Alantean Wand Instructions
5.Bi-Location Research
6.Biofeedback Research
7.Candle Magick Research
8.Chakra Research
9.Crystal Research
10.Color Magick Research
11.Compass Point Research
12.Divination Research
13.Dowsing Research
14.Druidic Research
15.Earth Magick Research
16.Egyptian Magick Research
17.Elemental Tables
18.Emotions (Human) Research
19.Ethics
20.Gem Research
21.Ghosts & Talking to the Dead
22.God/Goddess Research
23.Graphology
24.Herb Magick Research
25.Magickal Correnspondence Tables
26.Magickal Definitions t
27.Moon Magick Research
28.Power Research
29.Psychic protection Research
30.Sensitivity Research
31.Shamanistic Research
32.Spell Casting Research
33.Symbol & Sigil Research
34.Tarot Research
35.Telepathy Research
36.Time Research
37.Vision Questing Research
38.Webweaving Guide
39.Women's/Men's Spirituality Research

Spells, hands-on information, working information, rituals, healing herbs, formula & other Basic instructions.

Deadly Nyghtshade

Want to make your own BOS...here's how!

Equipment (choose whatever fabric and ribbon suits you):

Binder or Folder (Lever, 2 ring)
Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue Sticks
Super Glue
Fabric - Purple
See-Through Over-Lay - Lighter Purple with Silver Stars
Filling
Ribbon - Purple (Thicker) and Gold (Thinner)
Purple and Gold Thread
Fake Jewels
Iron and Ironing Board

Procedure:

Turn on hot glue gun, with glue inside. Place binder in the middle of cloth. Squirt glue on one the shorter side of the folder. Place cloth over. Squirt more glue on the front shorter side and affix. Place more on the bend and attach. Fix the longer side, but the bottom only so you can stuff the covers. Stuff the front and back and place inside any herbs which correspond to protection, spiritualism, consecrating, general magick, cleansing etc. Add pot pourri if wanted. Glue top of fabric on. Glue on more fabric on the inside of the folder. Attach second layer of cloth, include inside as well. Turn on iron and unfold ironing board. Iron all ribbon in half so it looks crisp. Make sure iron setting is on low. Make a pentagram with the gold ribbon and affix it with super, PVA or craft glue. With the glue put on the fake, or real, jewels. Insert separators, paper and plastic sleeves. Label the separators with numbers. Put down what the numbers mean on the front contents page, it should be included with the dividers. Use plastic, but paper is more natural. Use a special pen to write in your book.

NOTE...Some people choose to write in runes or code. You can also sew into the cover of the Book leaves of the sacred herbs vervain, rue, bay, willow or others, if you wish. They should be well-dried & secretly placed by the light of the moon.

Some of our members have been nice enough to share their BOS Blessings...

redalucard

"Blessed be this Book and its power unfold
Through its pages magic shall be told
I ask the Lord and Lady to keep harm at bay
From this knowledge I shall not sway
Let those chosen look upon these pages
And keep far from foes through the ages
Lying between the world of the human and mystic
Let unwanted eyes see nothing but in cryptic
So no one unwelcome may take a look
I ask the Elements to guard this book
No harm done, this is my desire
I call upon Earth, Water, Wind, and Fire
From all sides North, South, East, and West
Let all my magic work its best
I cast a circle in order to protect
That ancient craft I try to perfect
The Law of Three shall be my ballow
The Wiccan Rede is soon to fallow
So is my will
So mote it be"

ballow- a short, thick stick used as a weapon or club

Cariaith
Yours is cool, makes me want to post my own, so i will wink

Lord and Lady i ask thee to come forth to me.
For i need this book to blessed be.
Guardians of the watchtowers.
I ask you protect this book with all thy powers.
Elements please heed my call.
Before in the wrong hands it will fall.
For unwelcome guests they may not read.
These ancient ways and my deeds.
If their heart is good and pure.
Let them not fall for its bitter lure.
Bless it now, it is my will to thee
Blessed be,so mote it be

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:19 pm
Fire_Rayne

Severing the Ties of Unwanted Attachment
(DO NOT do this in anger or your will be detached from the person)

This rite works best when the moon is waning.

What you will need:

- dried petals of three red roses
- one white candle
- a piece of string
- paper
- salt

Okay, those can't be too hard to find, can they? heheh, yeah, I'm trying to keep from being in a bad mood, I've had a rough pass few days, but of course, you don't really want to know about that, do you? Okay, on with the procedure...

Purify your circle using your salt (if you don't know how to, please look it up because I don't feel like posting it, sorry)

Write the name of the person that's attached to you and your own name ON SEPERATE SHEETS OF PAPER.

Tie the two names together with the string.

Light the candle and place it in the middle of your purified circle.

Hold the string about four inches above the flame and say:

As the moon wanes, so wanes your love
I am an eagle, no longer your dove.
Another face, more fair than mine,
Will surely win your love in time.

Say this over and over again until the string burns through. (yes, I admit, that takes a while) When it does, you can blow out the candle and do whatever.

I did this a while ago and since then, my attached person really has found someone else they can be attached to, I'm SO happy, cause he was like a stalker! *cough* ahem *cough* okay, enough of that. Hope it helped you. Bye. 4laugh

Mythological Me

Spell for Peace

It's just to create a time of peace so you can relax.

Materials: Blue Lace Agate and a cord to string it (if you want to wear it or another setting if you like), and an incense that makes you feel peaceful.

Cast your circle and invoke the goddess Pax. Bless your stone and keep the affirmation "I stand in the heart of peace. I share my peace with others," in mind. Meditate.

The meditation is: You are on the shores of a strange sea, the water is colored like azure and jade.The sky is rose and gold. Close your eyes and breathe deeply as a breeze moves across your skin. Opening your eyes you see a blue jewel rising. It transforms into a beautiful goddess wearing white robes, holding an olive branch and the agate.Her hair is gold and her eyes blue. She is the goddess Pax.She places her hand on your head and blesses you with peace. She gives you the stone and tells you it will give you peace. She turns your attentions back to the earth. You return home.

The spell: When the meditation ends stand and say this while directing the energy to your stone:

Pax bless me with Your peace...
The peace of the goddess is around me.
The peace of the goddess is above me.
The peace of the goddess is beneath me.
The peace of the goddess is within me.
The peace of the goddess flows through me.
And I am blessed.
So mote it be.

After this wear the stone daily as a reminder. This is best done during a full moon on a Sunday or a Monday for inner peace.

MidnightHaunt

Home Protection

Stop a certain person from entering your home.
Just recite the following passage while closing the door...
If you have a lock on the door, then you should lock it also while reciting passage.

Guard this threshold,
Guard this door,
so that (persons name),
can pass no more

Aleria Carventus

To Get Rid of a Bad Habit

Supplies:
White Candle
Black or Blue Candle

Time:
Best Done during Waning Moon

Spell:
Light altar candles(if you use them, i didn't and it still worked)
Light Black or Blue Candle
say "this holds me back, no more will I do it. no more is it a part of me"
Light White Candle
say "This is my might and my courage and my victory. This battle is already won"
Picture the bad habit. then picture yourself free from it. After a while put out the black/blue candle and then the white. Repeat a week later if necessary.

Kitanya_Rose

Computer Blessing by Zhahai Stewart

Blessings on this fine machine,
May its data all be clean.
Let the files stay where they're put,
Away from disk drives keep all soot.
From its screen shall come no whines,
Let in no spikes on power lines.
As oaks were sacred to the Druids,
Let not the keyboard suffer fluids.
Disk Full shall be nor more than rarity,
The memory shall not miss its parity.
From the modem shall come wonders,
Without line noise making blunders.
May it never catch a virus,
And all its software stay desirous.
Oh let the printer never jam,
And turn my output into spam.
I ask of Eris, noble queen,
Keep Murphy far from this machine.

Moon The Strange

The Spell of the Brave

Help Me Lady
Help me Lord
Help me use my brav'ry
Sword, Help me fight my greatest fears,
Help me wipe my face from tears

Thank You Lady Thank You
Lord, I have Used My Brav'ry Sword!
Confidence In Me I feel,
Now to get to Life's unstopping reel!

I made this one up and It makes me feel a lot better when I'm scared of something.

kittyanyagoddess

(When casting a circle.)

I call the elements of the earth, the air, water, and fire,
so that I may do what is good,
not fullfilling my own desire.

I call upon the spirit too
to help me do my task,

If evil is apon me,
please cleanse my aura mask,

I call them all together now,
and let goodness be free,
as they join together,

xxx blessed be xxx

Cariaith

I felt like adding some of my favorite spells, tho some are for advanced users, for it to work.

Calling the 4 guardians of the watchtowers, basically just common use, and quite simple, and it helps you to protect a space.

Light 4 white candles north east south and west.
With each candle, depending on direction of the wind say:

Guardian of the lighttower of the North, i ask you, protect me
Guardian of the lighttower of the East, i ask you, protect me
Guardian of the lighttower of the South, i ask you, protect me
Guardian of the lighttower of the West, i ask you, protect me

For banishing evil within a circle or space.

Burn some incense like Sandelwood or alike
Imagine 3 white circles around that space
while chanting:

" Trice around the circles bound,
sink all evil to the ground"

Making a shield, and sending back negative influences:

Chant/sing the following

Earth and Water, Air and Fire,
Mold thy powers to my desire, (2x)

Shape the shield, above, below,
Shape it hard and shape it strong,
Help me to contain this wrong
Power bending to my will,
The power to contain this ill.
What goes forth, must come back.
Three times Three this is no slack.

Earth and Water, Air and Fire,
Mold thy powers to my desire, (2x)

Last one : ADVANCED ONLY!!! Going back in time to see your past lives:

Chant this while listening to music that reminds you of your childhood, with closed eyes, and it will come to you

Oh sacred gatekeeper, of the sixth gate,
Let through whom ever I need for Fate.
I Invoke you, all sisters and brothers,
I Invoke you, all grandfathers and mothers.
I humbly ask to Come Forth from the astral realm to do my bidding,
Its my past lives who I want to see without any hidding.
Guide my on my path to the past,
From the very first, into the very Last,
Living high, or living low,
Back in time I so long to go.
Reveal to me my other lives,
I no longer want it to be in disguise.
Travel forth through Time and space
Take me there now, and without haste!

Hottie_Lover94053
Valeros_Carventus
Does anyone have a spell to help creativity? I know i read about one once, but i didnt write it down....

I wrote this little chant. I repeat it until I feel the energy flowing in my hands .

Goddess Bridgit, giver of the gift of words and creativity,
Bestow your gifts upon me now so that creativity may flow from me.

- By Apythia

too2sweet
Quote:
does anyone know a spell to go back in time temparily?

While you can do regression work - these really only allow you to go back and "see" a certain period of time. They are helpful if you have lost something, or may give you insight to certain aspects of ourselves. You are not actually travelling back in time.

Quote:
Does anyone know any naming rituals or equivilant to Christian Baptisms?

Wiccanings are the basic equivilant to a Christianing. You are basically asking the Goddess/God to bless and watch over your child until he/she is old enough to choose their own path.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone had a chant to calm me down

A lot of times just taking long deep breaths can help to calm you down. Also trying some basic meditation techniques are very helpful, especially if you get anxious often.

Quote:
i was having troubles with an eye changing color spell

try going out an buying colored contacts - then your spell will have worked

Quote:
Does anyone have a low-grade Weather-working spell?

You really shouldn't mess with the weather - ever. Can have very serious consequences for global weather patterns.

Quote:
does anyone know of any spells or potions a new wicca with limited sourses might be able to do

While candles, inscence, oils, herbs, etc... can make a spell that much more powerful, they aren't completely necessary. What really makes a spell work is that you will it to. If you are low on funds it is nice to remember that you can use whatever you have available or nothing at all.

casca666
SirCrow
I don't know if this is the right place to post it but O_o I have a little question, do someone know an spell or something in general to help concentrate myself ? ^^U I have the latest exams soon, and I know I have to study, but when I start I can't concentrate myself and I get bored and exhausted sweatdrop I really want to study, cos' If I don't do it I'll have just 10/20 or something like this ^^U And I need more crying Normally with 10/20 I'm glad, I don't feel the need to have very good marks, but this time I need them ^^U

So If someone could help me... Thanks you really a lot ^^ whee :hugs and glomps:

You will need:
1 Yellow candle
1 Green candle
1 piece of yellow ribbon, or yarn, or thread, or pipecleaner
1 piece of green ribbon, or yarn, or thread, or pipecleaner
1 piece of orange ribbon, or yarn, or thread, or pipecleaner
oil (such as cinnamon) made for luck, or success

If you cast a circle during spell work, you can do this now. I didn't at the time, due to it being pretty late at night and my mind was full of chemical equations. Light first the yellow candle, then the green. Make sure there's enough room to work between the two.

Ask whatever God/desses you wish to enter the circle with you (your patrons, the Lord and Lady, whatever you believe in). Take the three pieces of ribbon/yarn/thread/pipe cleaner (all long enough to make a bracelet for) and begin to braid them. The yellow, for intelligence and clarity; the green for luck; and the orange for success. As you braid them, you can imagine symbols of studying, intelligence and remembering being thread in as well. (For example, I thought of most of my polyatomic ions, a book, a brain...)

Ask the God/dess (es) to help you for your test, and help for your studying. Ask them to help you remember all you can, and to make studying easier (either by silence, which I needed in my house with three younger siblings participating in screaming contests, or by finding time in hectic schedules). I'm not going to put down what I said 1) because I'm one of those firm believers in putting a little of yourself into the spell, and 2) because I have no clue what I did say...it was something from my heart and spur of the moment.

Once you finish braiding, run a little of the oil over the place where you will tie it, and tie the bracelet (or anklet I suppose) around your wrist (ankle) and wear it when you study and during your test.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:40 pm
Cariaith
"Law" of Discretion

The fact that you are gifted is a blessing, treat it so
Always keep in mind how vulnerable it is, as it is given, it can be taken away.
Be discrete in whom you tell about your gift, those who do not know, have no need to know
It is advised to never speak about your gift, or the spiritual, if it is not of importance to the conversation.
Also never use them for selfish reasons like self-promoting, sensation seeking or drawing attention, for they might as well be taken away from you.
Therefore it is advised to not use your powers in public places, like crowds.
Follow the laws of discretion is advised, for it will prevent you for your own demise
~Blessed Be~

Deadly Nyghtshade

LAW OF POWER

1. The power shall not be used to bring harm, to injure or control any other being or creature. But, if the need arises, the Power shall be used to protect your life or the lives of others.

2. The Power is used only as the need dictates.

3. The Power can be used for your own gain, as long as by doing so you harm none.

4. It is unwise to accept money for the use of the Power, for it quickly controls its taker. Be not as those of other religions.

5. Use not the Power for prideful gain, for such cheapens the mysteries of Wicca and magick.

6. Ever remember that the Power is a sacred gift of the Goddess and God, and should Never be misused or abused in any way.

7. And this is the Law of the Power.

Deadly Nyghtshade
Glossary

Alignment/Attunement- The art and practice of placing our spiritual and mental selves in sync with the energies of an astronomical event (i.e.; a fullmoon) or another being (i.e.; a God or Goddess.) This can be achieved through mental excercises, evocation, invocation, or ritual.

As above, so below- A wiccan way of saying that natural laws apply universally and that our inter-connectedness makes all realms metaphors for one another

Amulet- an object worn, carried or placed to dispell or drive away negativity or other vibrations; a protective object.

Athame- A knife used by Witches to draw the magick circle and to store and direct energy. A Witch's athame has either a black or white handle. It also has various Magickal symbols enscribed on its blade.

Akasha- The fifth element, the omnipresent spiritual power that permeates the universe. It is the energy out of which the Elements formed.

Aspurge- To purify ritually by sprinkling with salt water. Often this is done by dipping a fragrant branch, such as rosemary, into the water and sprinkling it over the participant in a ritual.

Aura- The energy field existing around all living things.

Book of Shadows- A collection of Wiccan Ritual information that usually includes religious rituals, magick and advice. There are many Books of Shadows; there is no one correct Book of Shadows.

Balefire- A fire lit for magickal purpose. Traditional fires were lit on hills during Beltane and Samhain.

Bane- That which destroys life, which is poisonous, destructive, evil, dangerous.

Banish- To release and drive away a conjured spirit from the power of the magick circle.

Besom- An old English word for the Witch's broomstick. European folklore tells of Witches riding their besoms through the sky, which many feel is an uninformed explanation of astral projection. As a magickal tool, the besom is used to sweep a sacred area, ground a circle, or brush away negative influences.

Boline- A white handled knife used for ritual cutting of cakes, cords, herbs, etc. It is not a weapon.

Bless- To bless something or someone is to set it apart as sacred, or, as the dictionaries prefer, to make it "holy." The word is sometimes used synonymously with "consecrate."

Ceremonial Magick- a system of magick that uses intricate rituals to effect either material or spiritual results. Most (but not all) forms of ceremonial magick are heavily influenced by medieval Jewish mysticism.

Censer- A heat-proof container in which incense is smoldered during ritual. An incense burner. Usually associated, in Wicca, with the Element of Air.

Charging- To infuse an object with Personal Power. To charge is an act of magick.

Coven- A group of Wiccans, usually initiatory and centering around one or two leaders, that gathers for religious and magickal workings.

Chalice- A ritual goblet.

Cone of Power- Power from a coven of witches or a solitary witch that generates and collects in the form of a cone.

Cauldron- Linked to witchcraft in the popular mind, this primal Goddess image is used like a chalice or cup. This was a common magickal instrument in the Celtic traditions because it was a practical object as well, which could be used for cooking or washing as well as making brews and magick potions. In many of the mythological stories from Ireland and Britain, the cauldron is symbolic of the womb of the Mother Goddess in which all life begins, ends, and regenerates.

Circle- A ritually dedicated sacred space where Witchs' rites are conducted "between the worlds." Marked at least by psychic energy and the HP's sword or athame, the border also supports "Quarter Candles" at the compass points. It may also be marked with stones, more candles, drawn lines, or with an embroidered or painted mat. Once cast, a circle may not be entered or left until a door, quickly resealed, is ritually cut. The psychic energy of a circle is always grounded at the close of ritual and celebration, but the physical demarcations may be left in place if the circle is on safe private property.

Kitanya_Rose
GLOSSARY OF TERMS COMMONLY USED IN WICCA
Copyright 1992 by Rowan Moonstone and Durwydd MacTara

AKASHA- the spiritual ether (or Aether); the omnipresent
fifth occult element which embraces the other four- earth,
air, fire, and water; and from which they stem. This is the
realm of "pattern" or causality, from which the realm the
normally thought of "five senses manifests. Some define it
is the "other" of the "two worlds" that the witch or
magician walks between.

ARADIA- Daughter of the Goddess Diana, and a name for the
Goddess used by Italian Witches or Strega, commonly used in
many Wiccan traditions today.

ASPECTING- Any advanced magickal activity in which a practitioner
manifests a particular aspect of the Goddess or God, in thought,
feelings, behavior, appearance, etc.; Often as a direct result of a
"Drawing Down". Often a minor variation of this phenomena occurs with
the selection of a "Magical Name", of Craft Name.

ASPECTS- Forms, facets, or personas of Deity: for example, Brighid,
Iseult,Eos, and Kore are all aspects of the Maiden, and the Maiden
is an aspect of the Goddess.

ATHAME- black handled, double edged dagger. Principally used
to cast and dissolve the circle, for which purposes it is
interchangeable with the magic sword. A tool of the
"Element" of Fire in the Georgian Tradition and some others.

BELTANE- May Eve festival. One of the Ancient Celtic "Fire
Festivals." on this night, the cattle were driven between
two bonfires to protect them from disease. Couples wishing
for fertility would " jump the fires" on Beltane night. Also
the traditional Sabbath where the rule of the "Wheel of the
Year" is returned to the Goddess. This Festival also marks
the transition point of the threefold Goddess energies from
those of Maiden to Mother.

BOOK OF SHADOWS- Traditionally hand copied book of rituals,
recipes, training techniques, guidelines, and other
materials deemed important to a Witch or a coven. Each
tradition has it's own standard version of the Book and each
Witch's book will be different as he or she adds to it with
time from many different sources. Only another Witch can see
your book of shadows. Also, traditionally, it may never
leave your hands or possession until death, when it should
be destroyed, or (in some traditions) returned to the coven
to be disposed of.

BURNING TIMES- a term used by some Witches for the period of
persecution in the Middle Ages and later. It is in fact a
misnomer in some places, as Witches were only burned in
Scotland, and on the continent of Europe. In England and the
U.S., they were hanged.

CANDLEMAS- Festival held on Feb. 1. One of the 4 Celtic
"Fire Festivals. Commemorates the changing of the Goddess
from the Crone to the Maiden. Celebrates the first signs of
Spring. Also called "Imbolc" (the old Celtic name). This is
the seasonal change where the first signs of spring and the
return of the sun are noted, i.e. the first sprouting of
leaves, the sprouting of the Crocus flowers etc. In other
words, it is the festival commemorating the successful
passing of winter and the beginning of the agricultural
year.This Festival also marks the transition point of the
threefold Goddess energies from those of Crone to Maiden.

CARDINAL POINTS- North, South, East, and West, marked in the
Georgian Tradition by candles of green, red, yellow, and
blue, respectively. The Circle is drawn to connect these
four points.

CHALICE- one of the tools of the Witch. Placed on the altar
to represent the element of Water.

CHARGE OF THE GODDESS- The Traditional words of the Goddess
to her followers, or "hidden children". Normally declaimed
by the HPS at every coven Circle.

CIRCLE- the area in which the magickal worship and spells
takes place. Can also be used to designate a particular
group of Witches or Pagans such as "Silver Acorn Circle".

CONE OF POWER- power raised in the circle by the Witches
assembled, and sent out into the world to work magick, is
usually visualized as being retained and built in the form
of a "cone" prior to release.

COVEN- an organized group of Witches, led by a High
priestess and/or a High Priest who meet regularly for
worship and fellowship. The traditional membership is 13,
but in fact most covens number considerably less. 3 is the
minimum in the Georgian Tradition. In Middle English,
"Covin" a group of confederates; In Old French "Covine" a
band or group with a single purpose; Latin "Com"-together,
"Venire"-to come or move.

COVENSTEAD- regular meeting place for a coven. Usually the
home of the High Priestess or High Priest.

COWAN- a non-Witch. Formerly used in a very derogatory
manner. Still used in Masonic Ritual to indicate the non
initiate and/or pretender to "real craft". Not often used
today among most Witches.

COYOTE ENERGY- trickster energies. Named for the American
Indian Trickster, Coyote, who tricks man into learning what
he needs to learn. Applies to one who constantly jokes and
clowns. Also applies to the concept of "Holy Fool" in many
traditions.

CROSS QUARTER DAYS- The modern name for the Celtic Fire
Festivals of Samhain, Imbolc, Beltane, and Lammas.

DEOSIL- clockwise, or sunwise. Traditional direction for
working "building" magick.

DRAWING DOWN THE MOON- Ritual invocation of the spirit of
the Goddess into the body of the High Priestess by the High
Priest.

DIVINATION- magical method of exploration or inquiry into a
situation via such methods as Tarot cards, runestones, I-
Ching, etc.

ELEMENTS- Earth, air, fire, and water, plus spirit, which
includes them all. These are regarded as realms or
categories of nature (both material and non-material) and
are not to be confused with the physicists table of
elements, which the modern witch, of course, accepts.

ESBAT- weekly or biweekly meeting of a coven. Traditionally
held either on the full moon or the new moon.

FAMILIARS- Either a Witch's pet animal which has been
trained to be a magickal helper, or an artificially
created "elemental" which performs the same functions as
the animal friend.

FIVEFOLD KISS, FIVEFOLD SALUTE- The Witches' ritual salute,
with kisses; (1) on each foot, (2) on each knee, (3) above
the pubic hair, (4) on each breast, and (5) on the lips-
really 8 kisses in all. It is only used within the Circle,
but the words that go with it are the origin of "Blessed
Be."

GARDNERIANS- Tradition of Witchcraft descended from the
teachings of Gerald Gardner.

GNOMES- an "entity" or "elemental" that dwells in the plane
of Earth or is associated with the EARTH Element.

GREAT RITE- The rite which is the main feature of the third
degree initiation, and which is also laid down for certain
festivals. It is sexual in nature, but may be `actual'
(and private to the couples concerned) or symbolic, as the
participants wish.

HALLOWS- name used by some traditions for Samhain, or
Halloween

HANDFASTING- Wiccan equivalent of a wedding. It can be made
legal if the Priestess and/or Priest are registered as
clergy with the local authorities, or it may only be
considered binding within the coven.

HIGH PRIEST/ESS- Technically speaking, a Witch who has
received the 3rd. degree initiation. More usually, the male
and female leaders of a coven.

IMBOLC- Celtic name for Candlemas.

INVOCATION- The ritual "calling-in" of an entity (or
energies) higher than human, either for communication with
the caller through a medium or by visible manifestation or
else to enter into a human body as in the Drawing Down the
Moon. In some traditions, a Prayer.

LAMMAS- August 1st. Witch Festival. The Old Celtic name for
this festival is Lughnassadh. It is the Festival of the
First Fruits, and is the first of the 3 harvests. This
festival also marks the change of the Threefold Goddess
energies from that of Mother to Crone.

MAIDEN- An appointment held by one of the women of the
coven. She is virtually the assistant High Priestess. This
term is also the descriptive term used to describe the first
of the aspects of the Threefold Goddess Energies (Maiden,
Mother, and Crone). It is traditionally associated with the
Waxing Moon, and the period from Imbolc (Candlemas) to
Beltane (May eve) where the energies are those of
initiating, beginning, and creation.

OLD RELIGION- another name for the Craft.

PAGANING- Presentation of an infant to the Circle and to the
Gods.

PENTACLE- a disc shaped talisman; in particular, the metal
disc which represents the earth element among the witch's
working tools.

PENTAGRAM- The five-pointed star. With a single point
uppermost, it represents the human being. Inverted, with two
points uppermost, it can have Satanist associations; but not
necessarily. Some traditions of Wicca use the inverted
pentagram to signify an initiate of the second degree.

QUARTERS- The North, East, South, and West parts of a
magickal circle or other ritual area. (See also
"Watchtowers")

REDE- rule or law.

SABBAT- one of the Eight festivals or high holy days of
Wicca.

SALAMANDER- an entity that dwells in the realm of Fire.

SAMHAIN- The festival of remembrance for the dead, held on
the eve of Nov. 1st. It is the last of the three harvests.
This festival also marks the transition of rulership of the
"Wheel of the Year from that of the Goddess to that of the
God.

SCRYING- divination, usually using such methods as crystal
gazing, or divination via incense smoke, or water as opposed
to tarot or other manipulative means.

SPELL- a prayer, or verbal direction of magickal energies
toward the accomplishment of some goal.

SUMMONER- The male officer of the coven who corresponds to
the Maiden. He is the assistant High Priest.

SYLPH- an "entity" or "elemental" that dwells in the plane
of Air or is associated with the AIR Element.

TRADITIONS- any of the various "sects" of Wicca such as
Gardnerian, Alexandrian, Georgian, Seax, etc.

UNDINE- an "entity" or "elemental" that dwells in the plane
of Water or is associated with the WATER Element.

WAND- A rod or staff that is prepared so that it may be used
for magickal or psychic purposes, usually to project some
form of power.

Lia_Dragon
Symbols and Their Meanings

CIRCLE Eternal; neverending. Wholeness, completion, Self, and Spirituality.

CHAIN Continuity of life with past, present, future; the interrelatedness of all living things.

CROSS
Protection symbolized by the four directions of the cross; union of elements and opposites.

ANKH
Physical life in harmony with spiritual life.

CELTIC CROSS The Earth and her four quarters; the union of Earth with the spiritual world.

FIGURE 8 Eternity, the dynamic balance between solar and lunar forces.

SQUARE Square, the foundation of the home, the material world and material security.

SPIRAL Evolution, growth and progress, the flow of energy through space, landforms, and living things.

STAR (5-POINTED PENTAGRAM) The energy generated when the four elements are bound together with the fifth element, spirit.

STAR (6-POINTED STAR OF DAVID) Union of opposites and harmonious balance of creative forces make this the Star or Creation.

TRIANGLE Creative focus of body, mind and spirit.

BAT Asian charm depicts five bats as the blessing of health, wealth, love of virtue, old age, and a natural death.

BEAR Childbearing, powerfully protective mother instincts, hibernation symbolizes introspection and self-renewal.

BEES, BEETLES, WINGED INSECTS
Harbingers of Sprint, Earth's fertility, social cooperation, industriousness.

BUTTERFLY Ancient symbol of the soul, exemplifies transformation; represents and early and happy marriage in some Asian cultures.

CAT
Personal pride, self-assurance, love of beauty and comfort. Black cats are especially lucky (associations with bad luck come from the Medieval Church, which reviled cats because they were the totem animals of the Love Goddess); embody the Spirits of Place because of their attachment to their homes.

COW Earth mother, nourishment, taking care of physical needs, the wealth of the Earth, fertility cycles of the Moon.

COYOTE Cleverness, guise of the trickster, surviving by ones wits.

DEER Maternal affection, healing touch, grace and gentility.

DOG Companionship, fidelity, household guardian.

DOLPHIN The connection between human sentience and that of the animal kingdom.

DRAGON
The raw, powerful, flowing, energies of the Life Force as it courses through landforms and the elements of Fire, Water, and Air.

DRAGONFLY Ethereal, illusionary beauty.

FISH The Water element, fertility and richness.

FROG Transformation, evolution, small impulses that lead to meaningful things; also, the herald of nourishing rain and the beginning of spring.

HORSE
Great power coupled with great gentility, personal power in both physical and spiritual domains.

LADYBUG Good luck coming from the gifts of the Love Goddess.

LAMB Innocence, the playful vitality of youth.

LION The raw power of the Fire element.

LIZARD Basking habits show the lizards love of the Sun, and the Sun returns that love; symbolized the solar powers that value and nourish even the small things.

MOUSE The importance of the small things in life.

PIG Their rounded shape suggests pregnancy, fertility, and abundance, their rooting around also associates them with the Earth mysteries.

RABBIT Fertility, sexuality, abundance.

SCARAB BEETLE Transformation, rebirth into eternal life.

SERPENT Associated with the healing arts because of self-renewal and spiraling coils suggesting the flow of the life Force; and going into the ground represents knowledge of the mysteries.

SPIDER The web of life (ancient symbol relevant to modern ecology), personal skill, good luck for craftpersons and witches.

TOAD A spirit of place that confers well being to a home; recognizing beauty in homely things.

TURTLE Longevity and protective security; in Native American lore.

UNICORN Purity, innocence, justice, the untouched state of Nature.

WOLF
Finding new energy by making contact with the inner, wild, and primitive level of being.

BIRDS (GENERAL) Thought, imagination, intuition, freedom.

BIRDS (WATER) Associated with abundance, fertility, and transformation.

CHICKEN Security and prosperity of a cozy homestead.

DOVE Peace, love and fertility.

EAGLE Spiritual power, the ability to soar beyond all limitations.

HAWKS Alertness, awareness, ability to see the heart of the matter.

OWL Wisdom, knowledge, go-betweens twixt night and day, life and death, the Middle Earth and the Underworld.

PARROT A love for exotic places, communication, and sociability.

PEACOCK Personal pride, love of beauty.

ROOSTER Courage; the victory of light over dark.

SEA GULL Ability to travel through many dimensions as gulls are at home in three elements: Earth, Air, Water. An appropriate symbol for the Shaman.

STORK Believed to bring babies because it is an ancient symbol of incipient life. Symbolizes good parenting and a reciprocal devotion to ones own
parents.

SWALLOW Bird that embodies the playful Spirit of Air, a harbinger of Spring, traditionally a good luck amulet.

SWAN Feminine grace and beauty that stirs Divine inspiration.

ACORN Concentrated potential, youth, good health, and growth.

DAISY Youth, aliveness, the qualities of the archetypal maiden.

EDELWEISS A test of love and courage - to obtain it for your beloved, you must climb craggy mountain slopes where it grows.

EVERGREEN TREE Contains the same symbolism of the tree, but emphasizing the reconciliation between the transitory and the eternal, promising eternal life and the continuity of life.

FOUR LEAF CLOVER The four leaves are said to stand for health, wealth,
happiness, and true love
MOON A powerful symbol with many layers of meaning, the feminine mysteries; the night side of Nature and the call of the Wilderness; the measure of Time and the tides of Life; the cycles of fertility, growth, fulfillment, and going within; the realm of magic; the unconscious mind.

MUSHROOM Symbolic of the borders of consciousness and the awareness of other worlds (states of consciousness), traditional association with the Faery Realm.

PINE CONE Concentration of life, fertility, growth, and prosperity.

ROSE
The fulfillment of Love.

SHELL Historically the worlds most popular amulet, with many layers of symbolism. The Water element, love, fertility, and female sexuality. Growth and the spiraling flow of vital energy, wealth, and perfection. Moon tides and lunar phases.

SNOWFLAKE The manifestation of the Mother Rune, Hagiel, which maps the matrix of life.

STAR Affirms you are guided by a lucky star (help from spiritual sources); each person is a breathing star, scientists point out that we are made of the stuff of ancient star dust.

SUN The Life Source, radiant, warm, active, expansive, life-stimulating qualities. Conscious mind, intelligence, personal pride,

TREE
Another ancient, honored, and complex symbol; the ability of the Self to reach into heaven while still having roots in the Earth.

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:41 pm
Aleria Carventus
Chakras

Root Chakra

Energy:If normal one will feel a deep connection to nature. A distrubance will lead to addiction, uncontrollled or diminshed sexuality, digestive disorders and obesity.
Stones : Garnet, Hematite, Red Jasper, Coral. Onyx, Rhodonite, Ruby, and black tourmaline.
Colour:Red, colour of life, warmth and vitality.

Sacral Chakra

Energy: A disturbance of the sacral chakra will cause sexual problems and a loss of enthusiasm about life. When restored one will become more open and able to enjoy life.
Stones : Orange Beryl, Orange Jasper, Carnelian and Citrine
Colour:Orange, symbolizes nourishment and circulation and is warm and positive.

Navel or Solar Plexus Chakra
Energy: Blocking the energy of the chakra will cause discontent, restlessness and discouragement.When interrupted one will feel at peace with themselves
Stones : Tiger's Eye, Topaz, Yellow Tourmaline, Citrine
Colour: Yellow stands for intelligence.

Heart Chakra
Energy: A person with an open heart chakra will be joyful, friendly and considerate of others.When blocked they maay be irrational, rude and inconsiderate
Stones : Aventurine, Chrysocolla, Chrysopras, jade, moss agate, olivine, emerald, tourmaline, corla, rhodonite, rhodocrisite and rose quartz.
Colour: Green, associated with healing and the nervous system.

Throat Chakra
Energy: When blocked a person will be shy, not inclined to new things and quiet. When open a person will express themselves and stand up for their beliefs, as well as being open to new experiences.
Stones: Aquamarine, chalcedony, chrysocolla, moonstone, opal, pearl, turquoise and blue topaz.
Colour: Blue the colour of innocence it is calming and cooling.

Forehead Chakra or Third Eye
Energy: When blocked a person will be confused, when unblocked a person 's understanding becomes broad and deep, s/he will be able to see the world and themslef clearly and is intuitive.
Stones: Sodalite, amethyst, sapphire, rock crystal, fluorite.
Colour: Indigo, colour of mysteries, mysticism banishes sickness and evil from one's awareness and gives mental freedom

Crown Chakra
Energy: The opening of this chakra leads to enlightenment
Stones: Amethyst, rock crystal, diamond, and violet fluorite
Colours: There are three colours associateds with the Third Eye: Violet, White, and Gold.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:44 pm
CORRESPONDENCES

Aleria Carventus
Herbs
Another excellent use for those satchets.

Dreaming Herbs

Peaceful dreaming: Lavender, Rose, Chamomile.
Vision Dreaming: Lavender, Passionflower, Valerian.
Passion Dreaming: Rose petals, Jasmine Flowers.
Joyful Dreaming: Mullein, Elderflower

Magickal Herbs

Protection:Angelica, Bay, Eucalyptus, Honeysuckle, Lavender, Rose, Rosemary, Sage, Violet.
Purification:Angelica,Bay, Lavender, Rose, Rosemary.
Visioning:Angelica,Bay, Cinnamon, Honeysuckle, Rosemary, Sage, Violet.
Love:Bay, Lavender, Rose, Rosemary, Violet.
Strength:Bay.
Relaxing:Chamomile.
Calming:Chamomile.
Soothing:Chamomile.
Healing:Cinnamon,Eucalyptus, Rosemary.
Prosperity:Cinnamon, Honeysuckle.
Peace:Lavender, Rose, Violet.
Wisdom:Sage.
Dreaming: Lavender, Rose.

Days of the Week
Sunday
Color: Yellow & gold
Planet: Sun
Metal: Gold
Deities: Brighid, Helios, Ra
Gemstones: Quartz crystal, diamond, amber, carnelian
Herbs & Plants: Marigold, sunflower, cinnamon
Associations: Agriculture, beauty, hope, victory, self-expression and creativity

Monday
Color: Silver, white, light blue
Planet: Moon
Metal: Silver
Deities: Thoth, Selene
Gemstones: Pearl, opal, moonstone
Herbs & Plants: Wintergreen and other mints, catnip, comfrey, sage, chamomile
Associations: Childbearing and family life, purity and virginity, healing, wisdom, intuition

Tuesday
Color: Red and orange
Planet: Mars
Metal: Iron
Deities: Lilith, Mars, Aries, the Morrighan
Gemstones: Garnets, ruby
Herbs & Plants: Thistles, holly, coneflower, cactus
Associations: War and conflict, enemies, initiation, marriage and protection

Wednesday
Color: Purple
Planet: Mercury
Metal: Mercury (Quicksilver)
Deities: Odin, Hermes, Mercury, Athena, Lugh
Gemstones: Adventurine, agate
Herbs & Plants: Aspen trees, lilies, lavender, ferns
Associations: Business and job-related issues, communication, loss and debt, traveling and journeys

Thursday
Color: Royal blues, greens
Planet: Jupiter
Metal: Tin
Deities: Thor, Zeus, Jupiter, Juno
Gemstones: Turquoise, amethyst, lapis lazuli
Herbs & Plants: Honeysuckle, oak trees, cinquefoil
Associations: Honor and family loyalty, harvests, clothing and riches, fealty

Friday
Color: Pink, aqua/blue-green
Planet: Venus
Metal: Copper
Deities: Freya, Venus, Aphrodite
Gemstones: Coral, emerald, rose quartz
Herbs & Plants: Strawberries, apple blossoms, feverfew
Associations: Family life and fertility, sexuality, harmony, friendship, growth

Saturday
Color: Black, dark purple
Planet: Saturn
Metal: Lead
Deities: Saturn, Hecate
Gemstones: Apache tear, obsidian, hematite
Herbs & Plants: Thyme, mullein, cypress
Associations: Agriculture and creativity, fortune and hope, protection and banishment of negativity
source

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:58 pm
WICCAN/PAGAN CHANTS

PhoenixMoonStar

Air I Am

Air I Am
Fire I Am
Water, Earth And
Spirit I Am

Air Moves Us

Air Moves Us, Fire Transforms Us - Water Shapes Us, Earh Heals Us
And The Balance Of The Wheel Goes Round And Round
And The Balance Of The Wheel Goes Round

Back To The River

Back To The River, Back To The Sea
Back To The Ocean, One With Thee
Back To My Blood, And Back Through My Veins
Back To My Heartbeat, One And The Same
Back To The Forest, Back To The Fields
Back To The Mountains, Her Body Revealed
Back To My Bones, Back To My Skin
Back To My Spirit, The Fire Within

Blood Of The Ancients

It's The Blood Of The Ancients
That Runs Through Our Veins
And The Forms Pass
But The Circle Of Life Remains

Call To The Moons

Dark Moon, We Hear You Call Us
Bright Moon, We Call Your Name
Crescent Moon, We Sing With You
Crescent Moon, We Sing With You

Earth My Body

Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath
And fire my spirit!

Earth Spirits Chant

Guardians Of The Dreamtime, Shapes And Forms. Roots Of The Mountain, Silent And Deep.

Earth Spirits Dreaming, Awaken To Our Touch. Shapers Of The Crystal, Shapers Of The Leaf, Shapers Of The Valley Beneath Our Feet.

Shed, Release

Whatever It Takes, Whoever You Are. Heal The Wounds, Erase The Scars
Allow Your Hearts To Be Wide Open. Shed, Release, Return Unbroken
How Many Times Have You Gone Within. Only To Find Yourself There Again
Shed, Release, Return Unbroken. Know Thyself This Truth Be Spoken
Shed, Release, Return Unbroken. Know Thyself This Truth Be Spoken

Spirit of Fire

Spirit of fire come to us
we will kindle the fire

Spirit of fire come to us
we will kindle the fire

We will kindle the fire
dance the magic circle 'round

We will kindle the fire
we will kindle the fire

WitchyBoy
the earth the air the fire the water return return return return.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:45 pm
Spell to Find a Job

This spell is for use during the waxing moon. The following is a list of tools that are needed to aid you in your spell working - remember however that if you do not have access to these items, you can also use whatever items you have handy that you feel called to use.

Special Tools:
Green candle to represent job/good luck
Good Luck/Job Oil... (allspice, cinnamon, sage, dill, mix with base oil)
Banishing/Exorcism Oil... (cloves, garlic, basil mixed with base oil)
Black or dark candle to represent obstacles
Small jar to be filled with - nutmeg, Tiger's eye stone, thyme, rune or some other symbol of good fortune and a piece on paper on which you have written the description of your perfect job

Casting the Circle:

Quote:
The East, the Wind…positive forces, I call you in
The South, the Fire…aid this night in my desire
The West, the Water…I conjure my need into matter
The North, the Grove…bring your gifts, I make it so
The Center, the Force…I call you to open your doors

I conjure thee, O circle of Power - that you might be for me a boundary between the world of men and the realm of the mighty spirits. A place of joy, love and trust to contain the power I will raise herein. I have called upon the protectors of the East, South, West and North to aid me in the construction of this circle. In the name of the Horned Lord and Radiant Lady - thus do I conjure thee, great circle of power! This circle is sealed.

Invocation to the God/Goddess:

Quote:
Great Goddess…I ask you to join me tonight, at the waxing of the moon's powers
to assist me in my rite. Tonight, I ask for guidance, for luck, for success in finding a new and better job. Guide me, protect me, help me - I, your priest(ess), ask this of you. So mote it be!

Quote:
Great God…I ask you to join me tonight, at the waxing of the moon's powers
to assist me in my rite. Tonight, I ask for guidance, for luck, for success in finding a new and better job. Guide me, protect me, help me - I, your priest(ess), ask this of you. So mote it be!

The Spell:
Anoint the black candle with banishing/exorcism oil and light the candle while visualizing all of your obstacles falling away

Quote:
Bad luck flees
Obstacles fall
My path is clear
Heed my call!

Anoint the green candle with employment/luck oil

Quote:
Good luck and prosperity
Help me Great Ones
Come to me
Opportunity and rewards I see
As I will, so mote it be!

Meditate on the job you want as you gaze into the candle's flame. Still in the circle, fill your good luck jar with the herbs, stone, note and piece of paper with the fortune rune inscribed on it. Seal the jar with these words:

Quote:
Earth-born stone of brilliant hue
Your energy makes my dreams come true
Hearken to my deep desire
amidst the candle's radiant fire
Herbs of luck, prosperity
heed my call and bring to me
a better job, new opportunity

Shake the jar, seal it with a kiss and place it back on the altar. Ground and center. Thank the God and Goddess. Close the circle

Each morning after (as needed), hold the jar (clearly visualize the job you are seeking) and say:

Quote:
God and Goddess
Hear as I pray
Let good fortune come my way
Send me luck, prosperity

Shake the jar a few times, seal it with a kiss and replace it on the altar.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:07 pm
Lady Wormwood
The fact that I'm running all over the place is really starting to get to me. I going to school full time, working part time, trying to spend at least two days out of the week with my boyfriend, and all the while I'm willing my car to efficiently get me to any place I need to go. I'm bloody hell tired, every single evening I come home, and I can't find a means to center myself just to calm the hell down. Even on my days off I'm scattered because I have to be in that scattered mode on days where I go to school in the morning and work in the evening. So I'm feeling awfully unbalanced.
What I need is something to give me the energy to get through the hectic days and still feel alert and positive. I need a means of being able to come home and feel chill. I need to not be stressed out.
Can you think of a magickal means of keeping me balanced? Either have an annointed gemstone that absorbs negative energy, or one that lends active energy. Perhaps I can keep a charm bag on my person that will keep me grounded as I'm flying all over creation. Perhaps a little affirmative chant for myself when I just need to take a breather and collect myself.
Anything like that would be awesome.
I'm just curious to know if anyone has had to experience something like this in the past and they have a little spell or whatnot that has worked for them. Or if you have any suggestions of what I can whip up to aid me, I'd be happy to hear your imput.
Thanks for reading all of that!
Rock on.

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:29 pm

WitchyBoy
if you have a chunk of hematite you could carry that because it absorbs negativity and strengthins the holder but remeber to cleanse it in rock salt otherwise it will shatter when it hits critical mass of negative energy.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:33 pm

PhoenixMoonStar
Quartz is a good crystal for many things. I keep one in my pillow for clarity of dreams, and to help me remember them. You might try charging one to balance you, stick it in your pillow (I have the kind of case that zips closed) and try that.

Otherwise, I'd suggest a sunstone to help give you energy in the morning, and something soothing, like moonstone, or any other stone that soothes you, for when you come home. I have one on a chain, looks like marble... never found out what it is exactly, but it's very soothing. I wear it on days when I have a feeling I'm going to need the extra help to stay calm.

Also, I'd suggest some soothing oils, like lavender or rose, added to a hot bath at night. For morning showers, there are several body soaps that have citrus scents to them, which will help energize you a little.

If you can stand it... I'd place in some of your favorite music.. something soothing and somehow spiritual, on low, and listen to it as you fall asleep.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:16 pm

xXx kitsy xXx
maybe i can help... if you take a charm bag, put some amethyst, tiger's eye, and rose quartz, and carry that with you, thats the most simple charm-type thing i can think of. An elder Witch in my town said something about charging them, i think she said on the full moon.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:01 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 pm
Quote:
Cannibelle
I need advice on weather or not it would be "right" to perform a spell for comfort for a family who just lost a loved one tonight. I can not contact them to be granted permission to do so. Not because they would not want me to but because I can not contact them at the moment.

There was terrible car accident at 10:00pm last night. The father is in critical condition and the father's girlfriend was pronounced dead on the scene.

I would like to do something for the son of the mother and for protection and health for the father, also for comfort and peace of mind for the whole family. I have every good intention in my heart and really do not see any reason to not go ahead and do this, and believe me I would contact them if I could but they will be out of reach for a while and the situation is so fragile I'd like to get to work as soon as possible.

what would you do in this situation? ideas? please.

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:38 pm

too2sweet
I think that we should always help out when we can - the energy we send will go where it is needed most as long as we are careful in how we direct it, so really there is no reason not to.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Quote:
Cariaith
Hello whomever reads this.
I ask you all to put down all the healing spells, rituals,charms or anything that has to do with healing right here.
My grandmother who raised me, has fallen very ill, at a very young age, and i want to try my best, and as much as posible, to help her.
I've already done a few, but i want to do as many as posible.
So PLEASE help me with this, if you don't agree on me doing so many spells a.o. i know the risks and such, but please don't let it stop you putting your spells here, it's a risk i am willing to take, and therefore is my own responsibility.
thank you soooo much in advance!
~*Blessed Be*~
Dave

too2sweet
A great thing you can do at this time is energy work. Even if you have never tried it before, it is fairly easy to do and the great thing about the energy is that it will go where it is needed most (so it cannot harm the person).

Please be sure to ground and center first. Remember as well that though you are the conduit for the energy, it is actually coming from the universe - not from you.

One of the easiest things you can do is imagine your grandmother surrounded by a bubble of light, in this case I would try using purple or white. Green would normally be used in healing, but as it tends to induce growing - it is not something you would use in cases involving cancer. Once you have your bubble in place, visualize the healing energy flowing into the bubble, the boundaries of the bubble will hold the energy in allowing it to work on her body. You can leave the bubble in place for as long as you would like, and re-charge it whenever you need to.

You can also try visualizing the cancer - surround it with a black bubble and once you have it completely surrounded, visualize a flow of energy gently pushing the bubble out of her body. Once it leaves her body the bubble will dissolve back into the air and be gone.

As with any energy work once you are done be sure to ground yourself again afterwards to rid yourself of any excess energies. Make sure you eat some protein and drink some water to refresh yourself. While the first exercise can be maintained for as long as you need it, I would only do the second once a week or so.

Also if you are going to do any spells to try to banish the cancer, be sure to do them with the waning moon so that the lunar energy will help in "taking it away". I again would caution doing any thing during the waxing moon as that tends to boost "growing" things and that is not something that you want to do in this case.

The only other thing I will say for the moment is to make sure you take care of yourself. You will be no good to anyone if you are exhausted and ill from overdoing it. Whenever you do a spell, be sure that you give it a chance to work, before throwing more "fuel" on the fire (so to speak).

too2sweet
Here is a spell that might be useful (it is to help banish the tumor):

Items Used:
A photograph of the person to be healed.
A black candle
A jet/onyx ring (or other black stone)
some red cotton thread
A drawing of the afflicted area of the body
tea tree oil
a pinch of dried lavender
a small black cloth pouch
a glass of water

This is best performed during a waning moon.

Ground and center. Breathe deep and feel your power. If you work with any Gods or Goddesses that you are particularly attuned to, especially if healing is among their attributes, feel their presence now. Hold the glass of water in both hands and feel your power, and that of the Gods, flowing into and through you. Feel it flow into the water and “see” it begin to glow with the power of healing. Say something like:

Quote:
“Healing flows into this water,
flowing from Her sacred well.”

Know that the water will hold this charge until it is used. Place the cup aside for now.

Hold the candle and focus on the concept of health. You may wish to etch something on it like “ is now healed.” Rub some of the tea tree oil onto it. Put it in a holder and set it aside. Do the same with the ring, placing it over the end of the candle so that it rests on it, suspended. Sprinkle some of the water around the candle holder in a counter-clockwise circle.

Hold the drawing of the afflicted area. Use your feeling-sense to delve into the area of the person’s body and feel the quality of energy there. If you imagine that it is too hot, for example, you may wish to imagine it cooling; if it is too active, you may try calming it down. Take the tea tree oil and draw a pentagram over the afflicted area with your fingers. Light the candle and say:

Quote:
“I call forth light,
in the dark of night,
to heal the blight,
with strength and with might.”

Burn the drawing from the candle flame and put the ashes in the black pouch along with a pinch of lavender. Burn some of the lavender and allow the smoke to waft over the photograph as you focus on it. See the person as surrounded by either a purple, or cobalt blue aura of healing. “Feel” that they are healthy, happy, and strong. If they had a broken leg, “see” them as running on perfectly strong legs; if a problem with their lungs, see them breathing effortlessly, etc. Allow your sense of their health and new found strength to permeate the photograph. You may wish to chant something like:

Quote:
you are healed.
you are strong.”

You might wish to repeat this chant until you have achieved a sense of deep trance.

When you are in a deep state of trance and have felt that the healing power has been transferred to the person, then roll up the photograph and tie it with the thread. Say:

Quote:
“Surrounded by a ring of jet,
encircled by the healing waters,
bound together by cord of blood,
strength restored and life renewed.”

Burn the photograph, releasing the power into the universe. Mix the resulting ashes with the ashes from the drawing and place inside the black pouch. Drink the water feeling it refresh and renew you, bringing you healing energy, keeping you cleansed. Allow the candle to burn completely out. Retrieve the ring and place inside the pouch along with the ashes. Keep this hidden until the dark moon at which time it should be given to the subject of this healing. If this is not possible then it should be worn by a friend or loved one as a reminder of the healing energy.

source

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:56 am
BeautyandStupid
I heard of a legend one time that at birth each child is blessed by the God and Goddess with 12 gifts.

1. Strength
May you remember to call upon it whenever you need it.

2. Beauty
May your deeds reflect its depth

3. Courage
May you speak and act with confidence and use courage to follow your own path.

4. Compassion
May you be gentle with yourself and others. May you forgive those who hurt you and yourself when you make mistakes.

5. Hope
Through each passage and season, may you trust the goodness of life

6. Joy
May it keep your heart open and filled with light

7. Talent
May you discover your own special abilities and contribute them toward a better world.

8. Imagination
May it nourish your visions and dreams

9. Reverence
May you appreciate the wonder that you are and the miracle of all creation.

10. Wisdom
Guiding your way, wisdom will leaf you through knowledge to understanding, may you hear its soft voice.

11. Love
It will grow each time you give it away.

12. Faith
May you believe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:22 am
xX-Mel C-Xx
Here's a spell to help you get a A in a test.

Spirits of air,
Element of the great divine,
I ask that you hear the prayer,
Grant me the wish of mine.
Spirits, I ask your help the day,
That on the test, I'll get no less than "A",
Spirits, I ask you, hear my plea,
As is my will, so mote it be!

Then I brush the pages with a feather I carry about.
Draw four small pentagrams in the corners of the page. Then I tackle the test.

~*~

The gypsy Queen
Seven Blessings Witch’s Bottle.

I found this spell in Eileen Holland’s book Spells for the solitary witch.
A great book, I strongly recommend it to anyone new or old to Wicca. I choose to do this spell because things at home have been very argumentative, and hard to live with.
( Now as with all spells, one must also take steps to fix their problems, don’t expect the spell to be an easy fix. You need to help it.)

This bottle attracts positive energies to you home.
1. One bottle with a cap.
2. A pentacle or pentagram.
3. A white candle.
4. white sugar.
5. White Salt.
6. Herbs for each of the 7 blessings (see below).
7. A spoon or funnel.
(Rosemary is a good substitute for many herbs if you need a sub.)

• Health- Eucalyptus Leaves, ginger, pine needles, rose hips, sunflower petals or seeds, thyme.
• Happiness- Orange peel, oregano, savory.
• Love- Cinnamon chips or ground cinnamon rose petals, willow leave or bark.
• Prosperity-Acorns, allspice, almonds, banana chips, cloves, oak leaves, poppy seeds, oats, rice, sage.
• Peace- Basil, catnip, lavender, olive branches or leaves, rosemary, violets.
• Protection- Black beans, thorns, cactus needles, black pepper.
• Good Fortune- Ash-leaves, bay leaves, dill seeds or leaves, whole or ground nutmeg, vanilla beans.
Fill 1/3 of the bottle with salt.
As you poor you herbs in, think what each herms means to you, put your energy and good thoughts in as you make your layers. Make sure that each layer is packed nicely to prevent mixing with the other herbs. For this reason always keep the bottle upright, even after the spell.
After you’ve pored in your herbs, fill the rest with sugar. Close the bottle with cork or cap. Place the candle on the penta(cle)gram, point facing up.
Raise your power and light the candle. Focus on the bottle with your energy. Think about what this bottle is meant to attract. Now, pour on the wax to seal the cap as you say;

With health and happiness, enchanted be.
With love and prosperity, enchanted be.
With peace and protection, enchanted be.
With good fortune, enchanted be.
Whether placed in home or yard,
Make life easier, and less hard.
Keep poring the wax until the candle goes out. (Don’t do what I did and use a candle in a glass jar and burn your fingers!) Let the wax drip down the bottle once the top overflows.

Once it is dry, hide the bottle in a garden, closet or anyplace it will not be disturbed.
While you hide the bottle say, Make life better and less hard.

~*~

Quote:
KathelaChain
anybody got a good idea on a good breakup spell ?? question

too2sweet
If you feel the need for a spell to ensure a successful break up, you can use the following. But in my book a break up spell is the same as a love spell (just reversed). You are still messing with someone's free will, especially if they aren't the one that wants to break up. If you still want to use it I would add a little personal note (*) allowing for "if it is meant to be, then it will all work out in the end". Personally I would just break up with someone the regular way. Sure...it can be a hard thing to do, but sometimes you just have to do it.

PARTING WAYS
our path's diverged
new lives to start
what once was merged
here now must part
with blessings bright
we'll start anew
the time is right
we know it's true
*(see note)
As I will, so mote it be.

While normally you would do an "ending" spell with the waning moon, since this one is focused more on starting fresh, you could do it with either. The spell is fairly simple - just say it like you mean it. Also, either have a picture of the person (or have a clear image of them in your mind) while you say the words.

Cariaith
I also STRONGLY DISADVISE against using spells for things like this, but if you feel like you must, then here it is:

Necessities:
- Black Candle(preferably 3)
- Black Ribbon or lace or alike
- Thorn of a red rose
- Photograph
- Piece of paper with the name on it.
- (if you dare a drop of blood)

1: Light the black candle, preferably on your altar(which has to be outside).
2: Then Write the name of the person on the piece of paper with a black pen, and fold it 3 times.
3: Grab the photograph and put it on top of the name.
4: Tie the Ribbon around the piece of paper and photograph.
5: Press the thorn through the ribbon,photo and piece of the paper.
(6) (Let a drop of blood fall on it)

While you burn it all recite the following words:

May your love wither and depart
From my life and from my heart,
I burn thy name so it shall be
Cast it out of my memory
(name) your name is as cold as ice
to get over you would be nice
Let me be, (name), and please leave my life forever.
As I will it, it will be done.

*Note : This may seem like a dark ritual, but truly it isn't, the black just stands for parting, not for darkness.
**Note 2: Please perform it by the Waning Moon, and think strongly about your parting emotions.
***Note 3 : "What you send forth, comes back to thee"

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:43 am
SABBAT ACTIVITIES/SPELLS

SABBAT WISHING TREE

Make a tree out of craft materials--craft wire, floral tape, fake flowers, etc... As the seasons change, make the tree match the outside world. Hang paper wishes on five branches and every season when the tree is changed, coat the branches with catalystic oil (for waxing year) or blessing oil (for waning year) and meditate on how wishes are shaping up or have been granted.

Suggestions for seasonal tree changes:

Yule: Wrap floral wire around a nut and "plant" it in a floral planter, setting it in a pot on top of last year's wish ashes. Let floral wire poke up through floral planter to resemble a sprouted plant.

Imbolc: Create branches for the tree and wrap in brown floral tape. Conceive wishes, write them on paper, and hang them from the branches.

Ostara: Add leaves to each branch.

Beltane: Add flower buds to each branch.

Litha: Take down flower buds. Add bloomed flowers to each branch.

Lughnasadh/Lammas: Take down bloomed flowers. Add closing or withering flowers to each branch.

Mabon: Take down withered flowers and place them around the tree's base.

Samhain: Take down leaves. Place around base of tree as fallen leaves. Burn wishes and save the ashes for "soil" of next year's tree. Disassemble tree if necessary while creating new Yule tree.

source

too2sweet
Faerth
Sanguina-chan
Why not use a real tree? We're Pagans, after all biggrin Why create what already exists?

Because, I think you'd have to burn the tree... I'd never want do anything to harm them... So, I'd rather use a fake tree...

I thought that too originally...but then I saw that it says you only have to burn the wishes, not the actual tree itself.

~*~

YULE

Quote:
If you have been a regular reader here in past years, you know that during this period at the end of November, I invite my visitors to join together in a virtual spell weaving. Inspired by the wonderful Waverly FitzGerald’s ideas in School of the Seasons, it is a gentle, but powerful practice that many of my readers have found deeply meaningful. I know I have.

And if this ritual is in harmony with your own dreams and desires, I encourage you to share it with your friends and beloveds.

For now, as we move into the darkest time of the year, as we honor the gifts and lessons of the night, we also begin the preparations for the rebirth of the Sun.

Tonight, we will begin this spell for the return of the Light. It is based on the Christian practice of lighting candles around an Advent wreath, which, in fact, was copied from older Pagan practices surrounding the advent of the Winter Solstice.

The Christians call this season Advent, referring to the coming birth of their God. But “advent” simply means “to come,” and virtually all northern hemisphere cultures throughout history have made merry in this time of preparation for the great miracle of the longest night. Because this is when the long descent into the darkness ends, and the daylight begins to lengthen once more.

This is the rebirth of the Light, the coming of the shining Child of Promise.

The Solstice Sun Wheel

The Solstice Sun Wheel is simply a small wreath laid horizontally upon a table, altar, or other special place. Evergreens are a nice touch, but holly berries have lots of rich magic. Or it can be grapevine, or whatever materials you have on hand. The wreath will have four candles around its periphery, one for each of the Sun’s sacred days (Sundays) leading up to Solstice. And I suggest a fifth candle for the Center, which you can then light on Solstice night, or Christmas.

The Christian Advent wreath traditionally is made with four candles in a circle of evergreens. Three candles are violet and the fourth, which is lit the last Sunday before Christmas, is rose pink.

My Witchy suggestion would be either five white candles (tea lights would be great) for simplicity, or a yellow candle for East (Air), a red candle for South (Fire), a blue candle for West (Water), and a green candle for North (Earth) with a fifth candle in the center for Spirit (Mystery). A black, white or purple candle would be a good choice for this.

Our Intention

Let our intention be that we will shine with the Light of understanding and truth. Let our Light awaken what is best in our human family and help us to restore wisdom, honor, balance, beauty, and good will among all beings. Let the Light guide our hearts and hands to act for the healing of our Mother Earth.

The actual ritual is very simple. This evening, Sunday, Nov. 23, ideally at sunset, take some time for a quiet ceremony to light one candle, for the Guardians of East, or the Element of Air (or whoever your tradition invokes first, when casting a Circle).

As you do this, send your energy and intentions for welcoming the birth of the Light.

Consider all the meanings that this has for you - in your own personal life, for the good of our community, our nation, and the planet as well. What is your deepest wish and will for the coming year, in the Light reborn? You may want to share these thoughts with your family, and invite their participation.

Meditate on the fact that (based on the many, many emails I’ve gotten every year) there are untold hundreds of other people, in many different time zones, around the world, who are participating in this with you.

As the shadow of sunset moves over our globe, envision how, one by one, a candle is lit in friendship, hope, and intention. All of our hearts are joined in this act of both acknowledging the dark, and yet recognizing our power to light a candle of hope and renewal.

As you focus your will, remember that we are not fighting, fearing, or trying to defeat the dark. Darkness is necessary. Without the dark, there are no dreams, no healing sleep, no deep growth that is necessary to thrive. We honor the dark, but heaven knows our troubled world is in great need of the new day dawning.

So gaze a while upon the dancing flame and call upon the powers of that Element or Gift of Spirit, to bless and protect the renewal of Light.

When you are at peace, and the time feels right, gently extinguish your candle.

©2008 Beth Owl's Daughter

source

*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas