relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 27: Anime/Manga Corner
What the hell happened?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

80% of all anime is ruined by poorly executed endings.
  true
  false
  hand over the gold, I don't care about your complicated numbers!
View Results

false_fail

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm
Seriously, what's up with the second half of Death Note? If the idiot of an author had stopped with the kick-a** ending of chapter 23, almost nobody would complain about the series. of course, the dipstick had to do more, so he could get to thirteen books rather than just sticking with 23 chapters.

here's the debate: would you have ended it with the death of L, and Kira's silent proclamation of victory in the hall, or would you have left it for the rest? If you picked the latter option, what would you have changed if anything at all?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:09 pm
I'm not far in the manga, (vol 4) but I've seen all the eps and I really don't remember the people who came after L, it should have ended than  

Finodrerr

Beloved Vampire

9,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Angelsrocz

7,375 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:06 pm
It should have not ended with L dying, but instead with Kira dying.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:45 pm
Yeah... I'd say it should have ended when L died. That's where I started to lose interest  

tamagokoro

Half Man-half otaku

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:32 am
I mean that's the biggest reason a lot of people stopped reading/watching Death Note. Because L died. But that's no reason to give up on it. There's always something that that happens that no one likes. Yes L was a great character but that's really no reason to just go and quit on it. Personally, it's fine the way it is to me, because Raito gets what he deserves though it's sad purely because of how incredibly overly confident he was to the point he went crazy.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Half Man-half otaku
I mean that's the biggest reason a lot of people stopped reading/watching Death Note. Because L died. But that's no reason to give up on it. There's always something that that happens that no one likes. Yes L was a great character but that's really no reason to just go and quit on it. Personally, it's fine the way it is to me, because Raito gets what he deserves though it's sad purely because of how incredibly overly confident he was to the point he went crazy.

Even though I was one of those fans, I agree.
I only stopped because I found it boring at the time.
After a while, I sucked it up and finished it.
I loved it<3  

CherryBerryTart

SweetestSadist

Hopeful Businesswoman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:55 am
it should have ended with L finding out and kira kills him and kira wins , goes crazy and kill all the people he came into contact with (misa to) and then the shinigami kills kira like he said he would mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:13 pm
Half Man-half otaku

I am far from being the biggest of Death Note fans (I prefer something funny and haven't even seen most of the episodes save for the last two) but I agree. It is seriously sad that L died, but it's great that Raito lost his mind and died. If the author had left it there at L's death, then that would sorta mean that he is ok with the idea of killing criminals via death note to cause a perfect world to be formed. In my opinion, it's a nice theory, but if something like that really happened, I would do everything to stop the one who is doing it. Killing out of anything but self-defense is just wrong, no matter how you put it. Murderers should spend the rest of their lives in some sort of tortuing but non-lethal punishment.
But thats just my opinion.^^  

SwordFighterHM

Spiraling_into_oblivion

Fashionable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:41 pm
I like the fact that in the end Light dies too, but they could have made it so L died and so did Light at the same time.
Or if we're talking about the anime of it that the series ended with L dying and then have a movie or OVA where light dies.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:01 pm
id've ended it whith tham killing each other  

leader of the rebelion

Desirable Werewolf

7,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

BigEvilPacman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 pm
death note is nothing go watch chrono crusade it has a horrible ending very depressing death note is nothing or if u dont watch that go watch school days they both have bad endings dont complain about death note there is way worse  
27: Anime/Manga Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games