Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
If Twilight was Nim

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:42 am
Today, for mother's day, my mom wanted to see Nim's Island.. so I had to go see it and it was.....neh......

The basic plot of it is that the girl's dad goes missing and her favorite author steps in to help find him because she's stuck on the plot of her newest book. But the author is afraid of EVERYthing, whereas her main character is this bold adventurous hero who will do anything to save anyone.

This author's main character is also always with her, he's her invisible friend... yes, the lady is pretty bonkers.

The whole time I kept thinking, what if this was me and Stephenie Meyer came to rescue me from something?

I think the biggest point for me is that you have to be kinda careful because you never know who you're talking to or what their circumstance is. A lot of times, I think we all picture Stephenie to be exactly like Bella. But that's the authors job, to convince us that she IS that person. I mean, honestly, tell me you wouldn't be disappointed if she wasn't at least a little bit like one of her characters. I know it's so easy for you to say "no I wouldn't be because she's her own person...." I'm sure in a lot of ways she might be like some of them, and you could pick out those traits very easily.

But what would you do if Stephenie Meyer came to your aid and she wasn't anything AT ALL like any of her charries? In Nim, the author was afraid to leave her own house because...well, she was pretty afraid of everything!! What if Steph was like that - or if she was terribly cold and mean spirited?

It'd be a lot easier if you've seen the movie to understand what I mean.... but I think you get where I'm going. What would you do?  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:46 am
And one more thing haha Sorry for double-posting but it wouldn't fit ><

What if Stephenie actually thought that her characters were real? What if she kept talking to Edward or Bella... but they weren't exactly there? xd

One of my fav parts of the movie was when the character sassed the author and she was like "Hey! Don't you use that line on me.... I WROTE that line!!!!" I just pictured Bella sitting there on Stephenie's desk, not liking how th eplot is going and she's like " Stop that! You stupid shiny Volvo owner..."  

6vampire6mistress6

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:26 am
I kind of disagree. I picture Stephanie as the opposite of all those characters , but inside these three books soon to be four are her imaginary side!  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:50 am

Emo Oompa Loompa

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces