Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Sims 3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you buy Sims 3?
  Definitely
  Maybe...
  No way
View Results

cerulean16

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 pm
I just read about a new Sims 3 game. Here's the link.

http://thesims3.ea.com/about.php

What are your thoughts? Do you think it's worth getting? Will it be as good as/better than Sims 2?  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 am
I've looked at some of the screenshots of the actual new SIMS and, honestly, I don't think they look very good. The eyes look like they're made of glass, and the skin looks chalky. However, I think the new personality options will be amazing and I am deffinatly going to buy it when it comes out.  

shmarty

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:50 pm
I am looking forward to it. I especially love the idea to give your sims unique characters and soooo cannot wait to create sims based on my OCs. XD I do that now but I think it'll more fun with Sims 3.

I have been playing the sims since the original game came to shelves so for me not to get sims three... yeah right. I'm gonna be pre-ordering that baby so it's in my mailbox the day it hits shelves. XD

Just hope my pc can handle it. rofl  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:38 pm
HISSSSSSS...The root of all eeeeeevil!

I totally hate TS3. I know that TS2 is *almost* getting outdated compared to some games, but I love those little quirks that light up a face every time. Like sims jumping in excitement from a dazzle, or the little naughty rush from a sim's affair woohoo.

I intend to not buy TS3. Ever. I like our little hamster cages.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

shmarty

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:40 pm
I originally played Sims, then, when Sims 2 came out, it was SO much more amazing. And Sims 2 is still amazing. I'm wondering how Maxis can really out do themselves with a new one. They did a fantasic job on TS2 and I hardly see anything they can do to make TS3 truly "awesome". Of couse I will buy it, but I am still worried about if my PC has settings that can handle a MORE advanced game than Sims 2.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:52 pm
I don't intend to buy it. :/
I like the Sims2, and I've invested way too much time, money, and effort into my game to just abandon it. Like someone already said, I love all the little quirky things that they're going to "fix" in the Sims3. Anyway, regarding that new personality customization thing, I don't see why they can't just release a Sims2 expansion that modifies it.
Plus, I read on noukiesims2 that the security system they're going to use for TS3 and Spore will be a MAJOR pain in the butt. Constant renewal of serial numbers every two weeks, etc, etc.

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 am
After what I've heard about it, I am curious. I won't stand here and say that I'll never buy it, but I will take a good look at it when it comes out the same as I did for Sims 2.

As for he graphics, anything we see right now is still in testing. The graphics are not in their final form, of course. I'm sure they will be working on the graphics more before it comes out.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:31 pm
I'm sort of excited about the new freedom Sims will supposedly have roaming the neighborhood and the new personality options. The graphics do look very different, though. I think the current Sims are cute. whee  

cerulean16

randomdinoninja

2,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:46 am
I want the sims 3 so badly
but after all I went through just to get the 2nd one
my mom might deny me
sad

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:31 pm
shmarty
I originally played Sims, then, when Sims 2 came out, it was SO much more amazing. And Sims 2 is still amazing. I'm wondering how Maxis can really out do themselves with a new one. They did a fantasic job on TS2 and I hardly see anything they can do to make TS3 truly "awesome". Of couse I will buy it, but I am still worried about if my PC has settings that can handle a MORE advanced game than Sims 2.
well... they could make it so you don't need to get any expansions for it.  

kaiser321

Emme Meow

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:15 pm
I might get Sims 3. The graphics look a lot...softer. Not as pixely.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:03 am
i think they look tooooooo real and it takes some of the fun out....ive bought all the sims over the years (1 & 2) so ive spent alot of cash, i dont think i'll bother. im happy with sims2 mrgreen  

Missy_Rose

4,650 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Full closet 200

1HotMama68

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:57 pm
I can't wait for TS3 to come out, the characters look more realistic, I only hope that we can get closeups of the screen.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:57 am
TS3 seems interesting. I don't really care what Maxis made the sims look like, since there will probably be a ton of Custom Content that will change the skins and eyes anyways. I'm always looking forward to something different, and I am interested to see how it's going to work.  

Surprise In-the-Box

Jessicakarli

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:37 am
I can't wait! I just hope they thought of the people who use The Sims to make movies with. With an open neighbourhood, it seems like it would be hard. but I definitely can't wait to buy it!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff