Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
GPL Card Game Points Thread! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:14 pm
Now that we're starting to actually make progress with the card game, I'll be keeping more rigorous track of everyone's card points.

Current scoring system:

50 points for making an article that gets published
Random amounts of points for making art (the more useful it is for the guild the more points you get obviously)

Points are also earned by entering/winning tournaments, and completing challenges (coming soon)

Current Pricing System:

About 50 points per booster pack (will vary obviously)
About 250 points for a starter deck of a set (will vary)

All members will receive a token that can be traded in for a deck that costs 250 points. The cards received with the free token cannot be traded or given away.

Current Points:

Coming soon

NOTE: The card game is still at least 2-4 weeks away since we're lazy and suck at doing stuff on time.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:24 pm
We might do an "every 100 posts +50 points" thing. As well as a gold donation option (though this will be limited to prevent abuse)  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:08 pm
Ok, +50 points per 100posts confirmed, all past posts will count, don't worry. In order to claim these points you'll have to let us know how many posts you have so we can do a member search and add them on.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:58 pm
nitnit
Ok, +50 points per 100posts confirmed, all past posts will count, don't worry. In order to claim these points you'll have to let us know how many posts you have so we can do a member search and add them on.

wOOt I will start with a decent amount of points!!  

PhoenixBlade983

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:09 pm
Yup, and the card game is pretty epic in concept. Basically it's more of a strategy game since you can use whatever cards you want.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 am
Like the card game in FF8, in that any card can be used, and it well-played, even a weak deck stands (if only a fraction of) a fighting chance against a strong deck question  

pathetic_negi_magician

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:13 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
Like the card game in FF8, in that any card can be used, and it well-played, even a weak deck stands (if only a fraction of) a fighting chance against a strong deck question
I've never played FF8, but that's pretty much the concept.

Also, my 1500 posts ftw.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:45 pm
(almost) 2500 from this account and 1000 from nitnit2.

Wham.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:24 am
nitnit
(almost) 2500 from this account and 1000 from nitnit2.

Wham.
You started the guild, and you own it.

Wham me with Shig's posts if you must.
Edit: Nevermind, he only has like 300 more posts than me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:31 am
ninja It's surprising just how many posts you guys have in this guild alone, seeing as that was less than a year ago.  

pathetic_negi_magician

SwiftKronos

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:09 pm
What is up with this? How do you get them with the points?  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:32 am
coregundampilot
My guess would be that there would be a massive database thread, (which this will probably become), and you just pm a mod in-charge of the game to purchase your packs. There will probably be a buy-history thread somewhere in the GPL Card Game or Crew only area so a log is kept of what you have and what you've bought.

As for how boosters work, I'm a bit at a loss myself. 5-10 cards a pack? With cards picked out using an RNG?  

Tyhoon

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:39 am
Tyhoon
coregundampilot

As for how boosters work, I'm a bit at a loss myself. 5-10 cards a pack? With cards picked out using an RNG?
Yeah, but with a RNG, isn't it possible to get the same number more than once?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:17 pm
For boosters I was considering a tiered system, so for example you might get 2 common creatures, 2 items, a spell, and a building from a pack (do not make ANY assumptions off that, purely example), there would be a list of 1-100 or however for each seperate card type, and you would roll for each one.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:38 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
Tyhoon
coregundampilot

Yeah, but with a RNG, isn't it possible to get the same number more than once?
Of course it's possible to get the same number. After all, multiples of cards in decks may be beneficial.

It's true that most electronic RNGs are actually pseudo-random number generators and aren't exactly random, but that's why they invented dice and powerful true random number generators (there are some pretty good electronic true random number generators out there, but most are a bit expensive, so I'll stick to dice).  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff