Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
so... what's your major? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asury

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:09 am
I don't even know if that's the correct way to ask...
I'm studyng architecture... I want to know what you study, waht you plan on studying, or what you're working at...

why you ask...
because... I haven't slept in three days because of my stupid school ='(!!
I have an exam in two hours I want to sleep...
There was also a final work which is so incomplete
and I want to sleep =(

I wondered if anyone here suffers the architect fate....
so... I posted...
I should be studying =(

So, in short
what do you study, and what are your worse exams stories
I want to feel better by reading your suffering
D:

(w00t, first topic ever o_o!)  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:33 am
User Image
Hah, ive studied so many things, im not even sure anymore biggrin Performing Arts, Fine Art and Photography. I have various qualifications in each. I lived with a girl who did architecture. Its something I would love to do, but im not precise enough.
My worst exam was probably my RE GCSE. I kept referring to God as "god". I just scraped a C grade for that ^_^

And your thread title, should be Major? It made me sad because I remebered that the Tories rule London now sad

Good luck for your exam!

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Parasox v2

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 am
I'm studying Drama, Chemistry, Biology and Maths at A-level. Got exams in a couple of weeks...
oh and Critical Thinking but that really doesn't count as a subject...

I don't have any worst exam stories, I tend to be well prepared and do alright...
There was someone in the year above me who in a drama exam wrote on a play he had never read let alone studied... needless to say he didn't do well...  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 am
That's so confusing D:
(thanks eriwain, I had the doubt I'll correct it)

I don't even understand the concept of major... mayor? bleh XD
here you just end highschool, enter a university, sign up for a career
and that's it for the next 5 years of your life
well, you can change, but start all over

I just finish my test... the teacher didn't even came, her brother put us the test...
arg my english is sucky because I'm not thinkg right, sorry....

My worst story is actually two weeks without sleep o_o
well, sleeping maybe 3 - 4 hours every three days, whenever and wherever I got the chance....
that week was so awesome... adrenaline makes awesome stuff...

Now I'm going to sleep...
have another assignment for saturday... ='(  

Asury

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:47 am
So far:
AS: Biology
BS: Animal Science (veterinary under-grad)
Currently: studying for registered veterinary technician licence and filling out applications for veterinary graduate programs.

I pulled a few all-nighters studying for tests back in college. I think it just comes with the territory of being a student gonk

Worst test experience was the two quarters of hell Organic Chemistry I had to take for my major. Anyone who's taken an O Chem course knows exactly what I'm talking about. You know it's bad when your Prof. brings a box of tissues and a box of danish (for those who ran out the door without breakfast) to every exam. He even brought in green cookies when our mid-term fell on St. Patty's day. He was a pretty strange guy xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:13 am
I'm working in a office at the moment but I'm planning on starting school again this autumn (If I can get in! gonk ) It would be a clothing desinger school ^^'  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:59 am
You have no idea how many times I would stay up all night to get something done. Finish it a couple hours before class, pass out, and totally sleep through the damn class. Or show up in the last minutes.
So embarrassing.

I took a pre-architecture course at carnegie mellon over the summer after my junior year in high school. I love architecture, but hate building those damn models.

I went to an art school and all those architecture kids were always like "you got adderall?" "you got ritalin?" "you got coke?" "HELP ME STAY AWAKE!!!". Scary. A little. My school had a quarter system of ten week, so there was a lot to do in a short period of time.

I have a BFA in fashion design with a minor in textiles.

My suffering to make you feel better...
I was taking a 3d Textile Design class, and the professor was a horrid b***h. We were doing a one and a half basketry section where we had to make 5 immaculate items all using different basketry techniques. You could imagine my stress as the b***h didn't even teach us anything. She just showed us some crappy materials and gave us a list of different types of basket-weaving. So I'm pulling an all nighter trying to finish these damn baskets. It was 4 or 5 in the morning, and I had been up almost the whole night prior. I was using an exacto to cut a sheet of plastic into strips to make my "unusual materials" basket. Needless to say, the exacto slipped and nearly sliced the tip of my index finger off. But there was no time for that. I had to bandage that b***h up and keep on cutting. Which undoubtedly became much more difficult with the giant hunk of gauze now hanging off the tip of my poor little finger. Trying to hold the plastic sheets was now difficult as well since putting pressure on my poor fingertip made pain shoot all the way up my arm. hehe. I was making a traditional "cracker" basket using non-traditional materials purchased mostly in the wal*mart automotive section. I turned it into a real cracker basket and used only white materials. Lol. My sense of humour is real fresh. Anyways. I didn't finish the damn baskets and had to sit through the bitchy professor yelling at us because she was so disappointed with our damn baskets. I finally stood up to her though in my sketchbook. We had to keep them. My pages from the basket section are actually pretty entertaining. Good times.

And if you actually read all that. right on, but you are probably suffering more now. hehehe.

Good luck with your exams!  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:28 am
I'm currently a Med major and I love it. I'm a little over half way done with my Nursing (nabbing it as a fall back), and will be transferring in the fall to a main med school to specialize in surgery. I'm hoping to work in the cancer research field.

On the side as I study I'm also picking up my Bachelors in Science and Mathematics.

Oh Jesus, my two worst exams were last quarter and this quarter.

Where I attend, you can't make up exams no matter what - for whatever reason. Last quarter I came down with a bad case of pneumonia, to the point I was coughing so hard blood was coming up. I had an exam and I couldn't miss it. I have to maintain a 3.5 GPA or else I lose my school funding...sooooo...

I ended up taking a Micro exam with a 102 temp X_o. Had to go back to the doctors after and got chastised for an hour xD.

As for this quarter it was a Stats exam. My dad recently passed away at the end of March from cancer, and 4 days later I started class. I made a promise to him the day before he passed away that I'd stay in school no matter what - so I couldn't take time off. Even now it's hard, we were really close. I had an exam the second week of class and it was just really hard to focus. I barely had time to study dealing with all the issues at home that tends to come when somebody extremely close to you passes.

So yah - that was a horrible exam. I failed it - and that the first exam I've ever failed.

-- and now, to go study for Thursday's Exam xD.

Shrii

Tipsy Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

[Zigaroma]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:20 am
Right now psychology but soon it's going to be computer networking then hopefully when I can support myself in NYC forensic psychology.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:14 am
Thank god to say i have finished my university degree. I have a majour in Marketing and a minor in advertising. My grade was a 2.1 hons (the second higest you can get in england! Go me) And the fact is I finished a year or so ago and have never used it! The only thing I've got out of going to uni is my boyfriend and without him I would never of come to canada!! Any who I never want to do another degree or my masters, I hated my dissertation 15,000 words and interviews sucked!  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Cattrain

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:35 am
I am starting collage in less than 2 months. I am going to DeVry, and I am going to be studding for CIS (Computer Information Systems).  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:45 am
User Image

i've already got a two year degree. my major was art with an emphasis on photography. i plan on going back and getting my bfa before too long.

User Image

Faerdra

XSK

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:32 pm
i study computer science and maths and I HATE IT  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:13 pm
User Image

Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Legos and Music.
3nodding
I'm only thirteen, so I have time to choose. I might go with performing arts, culinary, and therapy. Any of the three would be good for me.
Koo Koo ca Choo...

Intergalactic StarDust

Syphirone

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:59 pm
I am studying BEng Civil Engineering with architecture
That means basically I am majoring in Civil Architecture

Every Friday we have this nice presentation time where we make bits of our work towards a final presentation. We are not taught anything. 'Go figure how you gonna stick it together to make it look like a dome'.

Well let's just say that for last term (i am in my first year) me and my girlfriend were begging for breathing time between juggling with courseworks and assessments all in all we had like 8hrs of sleep per week for 2 months sweet isn't it. mrgreen  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff