Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
I have some suggestions for some of the characters...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

there was a silence

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:01 pm
They may not be very good to some people.. but I think they may work...

James
-Gerard Way (lead singer of My Chemical Romance)
-Jerred Leto (maybe laurent, too)

(I'm agreeing with Stephenie)

Edward
-Henry Calvill (I forgot his last name and just guessed... was I correct?)

Bella
- Emily Browning

Jacob
-I don't know.. but anyone else than who they have now...

Carlisle
-same situation as with Jacob.. the Cralisle now looks like an over-sized Ken doll, when his hair is blonde like that... (when his hair is black it looks WAY better)

comments??  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:43 pm
When I think of Carlisle, I was thinking maybe Matthew McConaughey just because he played a doctor in The Wedding Planner and he's super sexy!

For Esme, I was torn between Gwyneth Palthrow and Kate Beckinsale.

For Rosalie, I imagine someone kinda like Katherine Heigl or Scarlet Johansen.

For Alice, maybe Alyson Hannigan or Kristen Bell.

Kat Dennings as Victoria.

Bradford Anderson as Eric Yorkie.  

T0m03

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:50 pm
Gerard Way for James confused maybe  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:52 pm
I never liked Emily Browning for Bella. At all. She doesn't match Bella's description at all....I never thought she was that pretty either....

For Jacob I liked Steven Straight, as a new moon jacob (BEFORE I even knew Stephenie liked him and so did a bajillion fans....not that that's a bad thing...) And I agree I was not happy when Taylor Lautner got the part and I 'heard' he was signed on for three movies or something, I mean come on he cannot come near the physical features Jacob get's in his growth spurt the next time they start filming new moon(IF they do new moon)....he's to shrimpy to play new moon and eclipse Jacob....

For Edward at first I saw this movie that had this amazing actor but who had a very small part from the late 90's....or mid and he had bronzeish colored hair and was gorgeous!....but I could never figure out his name, plus now he's too old...I kinda liked Cillian Murphy but their was something about him that always made me change my mind...(maybe because I'm used to him in evil roles....and he's a tad old.

For Alice I actually didn't have a before choice, but I think Ashley Green is so beautiful, my only problem with her is how hard was it to die her hair black and make it a tad shorter...I know she said it being difficult for the doubles to match with wigs or something....

Jasper I didn't have a choice for him either.....

Did anyone else think that first picture we saw of the actor playing Esme seemed off somehow...

This has gotten waaaayyyyy to long, I leaving now. Oh, vote for Twilight on PortraitMagazine.net! It closes this Thursday!  

BloodOfBeautifulDreamers

T0m03

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:10 am
I agree with BloodOfBeautifulDreamers on the Emily Browning thing but for different reasons. Given, I am a little biased because I saw the first trailer even before I bought the book, I think that Emily Browning looks kinda young to play a junior in high school. I know that there are people who look younger than their real age, a good example is myself, but when I saw Kristen Stewart and read the description that Bella gave herself, I could see it. I think that when Stephanie Meyer was developing her characters in Twilight (the book), she just saw general descriptions and then found actors/actresses that fit that description as best as possible. I knew a friend who also wrote, and when it came to her character descriptions, she did what she wanted and found pictures of them later. I mean, it's not like Avril Lavigne(sp?) is actually the main character of her book, it's just that Avril happened to have that particular shade of blond hair or whatever.

When I showed my stepbrother the trailer, he asked me if Kristen was really the main character because he didn't think she was all that pretty. I could see that. Bella describes herself as kinda plain, and that's how I see her, too. The other characters, of course, don't see it like that. It is as if they have seen straight into her, and beyond her physical appearance to that beautiful unselfish personality that she has. Kristen at first glance probably wouldn't turn heads, but she IS beautiful. It's just how I would imagine Bella to be.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:44 am
why dont you like the guy who plays jacob now D:
i thought he rlly matched jacob o _ o

winter spade

T0m03

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:26 pm
I like who they casted for Jacob because I'm not Jacob's #1 fan. It's all the more reason to keep disliking him. smile  
The Twilight Movie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games