"Visitor" was insignificant to me. as soon as you
read that title to that chapter, you just feel your
mood darken. you could of been in the best mood
of your life, and as soon as you read that, you became
gloomy and unsure.

sorry about my depressing ramblings....
i just hate the title to that chapter.

sure its fitting......
if i was stephenie, i may have used that title too......
its just....... saddening.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:12 pm
In my opinion, that's just the point, isn't it? To make you feel how Bella felt when Edward left her, yeah? I mean, it's not like you could have read the chapter like "Omg, can you believe he just left her like that? Whoa, that is so shocking." No. You HAVE to feel the emotion in it, you HAVE to be able to feel the way Bella felt. The chapter was not supposed to be a happy one.

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:32 pm
I Am SO Oatmeal
In my opinion, that's just the point, isn't it? To make you feel how Bella felt when Edward left her, yeah? I mean, it's not like you could have read the chapter like "Omg, can you believe he just left her like that? Whoa, that is so shocking." No. You HAVE to feel the emotion in it, you HAVE to be able to feel the way Bella felt. The chapter was not supposed to be a happy one.

very true.....

but still....it felt.....unexplainable.

like the rest of the book didnt matter.

and i know that chapter was not supposed to be happy.
anybody could pick that up.

and your right.
im sure that, that was the point to the whole title.

but, my whole piont was that as soon as i read that
title, i immedietly felt like somebody being told that
their on death row.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:46 am
Yeah, it was kind of the point.

"The End" -the end for Bella.  

avenlea

fancy-painted-boats-

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:15 pm
yes, i agree. the chapter WAS very depressing and it did seem like the end of the book, but you also have to realize how much work went into all those other chapters. i mean, when we read it all we're thinking the whole time is, where's edward? is he coming back? so we dont really enjoy the rest of the book. but if you read through it a second time then you can pay attention to the amazing work that stephenie does during all those chapters without edward. however, i totally understand how reading the title of "the end" can totally ruin your mood. you understand bella's pain so much, that it feels like your own. ook i'm done now with my random opinions.  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:41 am
Did anyone else cry that whole time reading that chapter?...Because like 'Your My Brand of Heroin' said....the title just made me...just...ugh! I hated it too! >.<  

Solar window02

Sakura Haruno67

5,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:19 am
i kno i'm reading newmoon and i'm past chapter 3 but like i thought that was the end like someone was going to die and like i'm on chapter 11 now and i got the book yesterday and like it's pretty sad and boring i feel so bad for Bella i would be doing what she is doing like being reckless  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:10 pm
I bought the book when it first came out, read until the part Edward left, and didn't pick it up again until the end of Christmas break, so like January. I was that upset.  

CameoAmalthea

Rinkuxo

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:46 pm
I actually didn't notice the title to the chapter at the time, so it didn't have an effect on me.

However, Stephenie was very effective in conveying the emotions that Bella felt in the chapter. It was so realistic, and made everything seem so hopeless.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:33 am
Solar window02
Did anyone else cry that whole time reading that chapter?...Because like 'Your My Brand of Heroin' said....the title just made me...just...ugh! I hated it too! >.<

i totally did cry... if you pick up that book youll see the water stains.... it was sad.. crying  

Midnight_Star98

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff