Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply *♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*
I need some advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkDaisuke9

9,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 pm
Well I write fanfictions but its still writing xd Anyways I do a lot of romance so anyways how could I mprove my writing for that section or any section for that matter whether it be comedy action etc. Id just like to improve my writing to where my intended audience can enjoy it  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:32 am
Hm...sorry, but I've never written romance before. XD;; I've written one oneshot fanfiction about a shipping I liked, but it wasn't really 'romantic.' XD It was like, just a cute fanfiction I guess. xd sweatdrop Hm...but, for writing a section in 'general', I would advise 'getting in the mood.' It helps me. If you want to write a comedic part of a story, just make yourself laugh, even if it's a fake laugh or a silly laugh. Just laugh, play a funny song, and get your creative juices flowing. Want to write a sad part? Play a sad, depressing song. Or think of something sad. Even if it's painful, it definitely helps you 'connect with your story.'  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:17 pm
Well, Otulissa's advice is good, but try to remember that you can't really write anything you don't understand. Really, best writing comes from personal experience. Think about things you've seen, or heard, and try to bring those properties into the situation you're writing.
For romance, think about how people supposedly 'love.' Think about your own crushes, and then think from the point of view of your character, what they like or don't like. Are their likes different from yours? If so, why?
Comedy, well... my friends and I do some pretty random crap anyway, so my mind is already filled with ideas. XD But watching or reading a lot of comedy might give you a jumpstart on humorous ideas.
Everything else, I also say music. A totally kick-a** song for fight scene, and some real dark ones for sadness or depression, you know, the extremes.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:32 am
But, there are different ways that suit different people. Our advice may not work well with the way you write. Eventually, you will find your own way to switch between genres, and add in sad parts, humorous parts, or exciting parts.

Yes, personal experience is good, SpunkyOtaku! But, it doesn't work well for me, hehe. xD Only because most of the stories I write are...well, they have no accordance to my life whatsoever. But, emotion-wise, your characters, and you are very alike. Sad is sad, happy is happy. Picture yourself when you are going through these emotions..  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

*♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas