Submit

Jo mama so fat..
  she fell in love and broke it.
  she sat on the beach and Greenpeace threw her in
  she's on both sides of the family!
View Results

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:41 pm
That's the title of a potential book /research I want to do. It's gonna be a feminist/social economic experiment. I say "feminist" because I'll be using myself as the lab rat. But yeah, it's kind of something that's been harping on my for years now. Especially considering I'm both black AND a woman. I thought it would be kind of interesting to live life as what society wants me to be and not who I am and see how that would play out. I mean, I've always been confronted by people because I don't conform to social standards and it drives my parents crazy. My parent's are those people who care too much about appearances and image. They mean well but they tend to drive me nuts since I'm their only daughter and BOTH of them are fixated on how I look even when I'm NOT working. I'm not an ugly or even slovenly person in my view. But as a female I'm considered too hoydenish. Personally I don't take issue with my fashion choices and I could turn heads without any effort at all but at the same time, the fact that men can be so easily manipulated by sex bothers me(My own father suggested that I show alittle leg eek ). SO I wanted to do some extensive research on the subject. I already bought some make up. Now I need a padded bra and a few good wigs. I don't just mean looking fake tho. Looking fake is always forgivable and not that big a deal. But acting fake is going to be a little harder for me. I'm gonna try to be weak and complacent and see how that works out. Wish me luck!  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm
Good luck. although i don't support fakeness i will support any book that mocks it. or at least exposes it.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:49 pm
That insteresting, good luck with that, Being fake is so typical today and that bugs that shi out of me. smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:54 pm
I'm waiting for the rest of this thread to fill out with "lol i culd nevar b fake/yeah i haet fakes"

In any case, good luck with your project.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:11 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I'm waiting for the rest of this thread to fill out with "lol i culd nevar b fake/yeah i haet fakes"

No worries it will eventually, give those same olds some time to post >.<  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:41 pm
Nikura Uchiha
-Resurrected Writer-

No worries it will eventually, give those same olds some time to post >.<
It's inevitable. I better post before they get here...we should form some type of society, some secret all powerful brotherhood or something.

Sounds awesome, good luck! smile Please share the results once you have them!  

Henneth Annun
Captain

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:02 am
Lazarus The Resurected
Good luck. although i don't support fakeness i will support any book that mocks it. or at least exposes it.

still... you have to know your enemy to destroy it...  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:59 pm
Naztakuan
That's the title of a potential book /research I want to do. It's gonna be a feminist/social economic experiment. I say "feminist" because I'll be using myself as the lab rat. But yeah, it's kind of something that's been harping on my for years now. Especially considering I'm both black AND a woman. I thought it would be kind of interesting to live life as what society wants me to be and not who I am and see how that would play out. I mean, I've always been confronted by people because I don't conform to social standards and it drives my parents crazy. My parent's are those people who care too much about appearances and image. They mean well but they tend to drive me nuts since I'm their only daughter and BOTH of them are fixated on how I look even when I'm NOT working. I'm not an ugly or even slovenly person in my view. But as a female I'm considered too hoydenish. Personally I don't take issue with my fashion choices and I could turn heads without any effort at all but at the same time, the fact that men can be so easily manipulated by sex bothers me(My own father suggested that I show alittle leg eek ). SO I wanted to do some extensive research on the subject. I already bought some make up. Now I need a padded bra and a few good wigs. I don't just mean looking fake tho. Looking fake is always forgivable and not that big a deal. But acting fake is going to be a little harder for me. I'm gonna try to be weak and complacent and see how that works out. Wish me luck!

kudos to you and i know what you mean. society pressures me to fit into their mold of whatever a straight black girl should act like and i hate it. you should try as hard as you can to break that mold for the rest of us who are in your place, which is like, alot of people. most of society has no idea about the few of us who are exceptions to the rule and i think exposing that facade that some people have to fit in will encourage them to be themselves without the constant pressure of stereotypes and such. i can't wait for your results and good luck to you! wink  

Ayame_Rikimayu

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:23 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
Naztakuan

kudos to you and i know what you mean. society pressures me to fit into their mold of whatever a straight black girl should act like and i hate it. you should try as hard as you can to break that mold for the rest of us who are in your place, which is like, alot of people. most of society has no idea about the few of us who are exceptions to the rule and i think exposing that facade that some people have to fit in will encourage them to be themselves without the constant pressure of stereotypes and such. i can't wait for your results and good luck to you! wink

I hope your research goes well and I think it will have some very interesting results. My parents used to want me to dress a certain way but now they accept how I dress now. I'm glad I don't fit into the whole thing of the typical black girl and how I'm not like any of it. I think this research will hopefully send a message to a few people on how we shouldn't have to be like everyone else. Once again I wish you the best of luck.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:36 am
Wow, good luck! I can't wait to hear how it all turns out. biggrin  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash