Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Flock? Really?
  No way!
  SWEET!
  Totally wicked....
  FANG!!! MY LOVE!!
  dang...the bad guys didn't kill 'em yet!
View Results

xPaperback_Writer

1,300 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:56 pm
Ok, so not technically. I know, I know, we all WISH it was true, but face it. ITS NOT.
BUT!!! I was listening to a talk radio show, and they were talking about how somewhere, I think England... But somewhere in Europe scientists are discovering how to pretty much combine DNA. They were combining human and animal embryos. It was scary, I was thinking, "holy crap! MAXIMUM RIDE!!!" Scary, totally and completely horrifying, and at the same time, wicked awesome!
So, I found some articles online about this particular subject. Pretty interesting, give it a look-see!
Animal-Human embryo research approved
"We have created human-animal embyos"
First Brittish human-animal hybrid embyos
Ban on Hybrd embryos

So, yeah. Just wanted to share that! Tell me what you think! Scary? Cool? Gross? I want to know! Personally, I think it's sorta wrong. I mean, would YOU want to be born, and find out that you're half cow? I don't think so. Just think about how Max is always feeling about it in the books. Sure, she finds it very helpful a lot, but she doesn't like it much.
Just some more to think on!
FLY ON!!!
~Elf  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:14 pm
...................Whoa....But a Cow-human? That doesn't sound like the Flock at all.  

begichwolf

lupus the lupine

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:08 am
i was gonna post about this yesterday but i didnt have time but the british government(mine) has decided to let scientist produce animal human embryos which are like 0.01% animal for scientific reasearch into cures for diseases but they are only allowed to keep the embryos for 14 days

but im sure like in 15 years there will be a flock ......  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:10 pm
It's totally creepy, huh?  

xPaperback_Writer

1,300 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0

lupus the lupine

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:31 am
hhmmm... i'd sya yes and no cos they are doing it to get somthing or other from the embryo to see if it can cure incurable diseases sooo .. but id think it would be coolo to have a real live flock just as long as they are not in a "school"  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:26 am
lupus the lupine
hhmmm... i'd sya yes and no cos they are doing it to get somthing or other from the embryo to see if it can cure incurable diseases sooo .. but id think it would be coolo to have a real live flock just as long as they are not in a "school"

yes, but still, you have to feel bad for them, they didn't choose to be human-bird hybrids, someone did that TO them.  

xPaperback_Writer

1,300 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0

lupus the lupine

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:55 am
yeah but at the moment the government arent alowing them to keep the embryo "alive" for more that 2 weeks.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:43 pm
Well, I'd say that's even worse, just killing it!  

xPaperback_Writer

1,300 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0

lupus the lupine

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:31 am
yes but they are only embryos they aren't alive yet whereas many people with cancer and dimensia are and they are trying to do this for a good cause and for millions of lives. what would you rather some embryos "dying ", embryos which are not alive yet and arent loved by anyone dying or millions of people suffer because a mutation has grown inside them that could kill them - and does or beacuse someone in your family has alzeimers and you watch that person lose any recollection of who they are and who you are even if you are their long term partner or even son/daughter. What would you rather????  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:03 pm
Thats all very true, but still... I dont like it much.  

xPaperback_Writer

1,300 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Endless Acrimony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:50 am
sadly i have to admit, i would LOVE having wings, but i wouldnt want to have them the way the flock got them, or have them stapled on (like ari's)
however, doing experiments on people is SO #*$^@&#ING WRONG!!!!! i felt bad enough for the flock in the books and they (sadly) dont exist!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:37 am
i would love to have wings  

wandering lonewolf

SamHasNoGun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:49 am
what the hellz, creepy exclaim  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:48 pm
hard to say....the good, the bad , and the ugliy...... Everybody has a opinen, it would b cool to have wings or to lik shift ur bones so u can run as fast as a jaugar ( yes i did spell it wrong xp lol ). but it is sorta amazing that we can combine DNA dont u think?  

Graphic Geek

3,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

daniG0rawr

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:02 pm
thats wrong  
~General Series Discussion~