Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I think about what my funeral would be like
  Yes
  No
View Results

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:51 am
Do any of you sorta plan your own funeral? I mean yknow how bridezillas plan their weddings YEARS before they even find a man to marry? I 'm liike that but with my funeral. Like I heard a song that I really like that I want to played at my funeral, the kind of service, the food, the catering for the reception and the location. I'm sure most would percieve that as wierd in the West but in the East, my old roomate told me that traditionally they don't usually celebrate birthdays but your funeral is like the biggest celebration EVER! They do that in Africa too. It's a very grand celebration of your life. Plus, for me planning my own funeral kinda motivates me to sieze the opportunities in life so that perhaps after I'm gone, I impart someone with my good deeds or thoughts or whatever my legacy may be. I guess that's kinda wierd. But your funeral is like your last big party.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:54 am
I have two separate funeral ideas. Should i fall in battle or any kind of conflict i actually asked the drew to give me a modern viking send off. luckily i live on the coast and this will not be too dificult. basically they take the body andf put it on a boat tow it out into open watters and light it on fire.
and other death i've asked to be burried in the same clothes i normally wear in life because when i was 16 my friend vanessa died. at her funeral she looked nothing like i remembered her in life. this irked me. as for music i'm still undecided. although i told the guys that i want someone to die of alcohol poisoning at my wake.( i can't help it we always partied hard)  

Gaylord Mule 3

bonitachocolat

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:03 am
I hope to die in my sleep~.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:21 pm
I told my friends to wear band T's and jeans and blast some metal music, to dance and get drunk, then when they throw me in the ground to dance on my grave, but make sure to leave me some beers biggrin
(True story)  

Nikki the Juggalette

Kostbarer Alptraum

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:22 pm
I'll probably die from drug overdose at a rave. gonk
I want "Farewell" by Apocalyptica to be played at my funeral. Maybe "Decades" or "Winterborn" or some Diary Of Dreams.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:19 pm
i've actually planned this before, my funeral is nothing like the traditional.

first, my casket will be closed until everyone is seated and settled. the soft music playing beforehand will stop and all the lights in the room will dim.

a bright spotlight will shine upon my closed casket, and when everyone is all like "wtf?", a spring mechanism will pop the lid open and a fog machine will pour smoke out of my casket. death metal will start playing loudly at this time.

the best part is that my wrists will be tied up in fishing wire, after the fog goes off someone hiding on a railing above will hoist a pulley that will raise my arms up in the air and make them flail wildly like a puppet on strings.

it's crazy, i know, but i want to be remembered with all the crazyness i had in life. there's no normal sendoff for me!
twisted  

Ayame_Rikimayu

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:07 pm
Planning your own funeral isn't morbid, really. In fact, some psychologists have argued that this sort of conceptualization is important to the growth of a mind; being able to concieve the world's continued existence past our own perception, starting from our death, the transitionary period of our funeral, and the world then "without us".  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:40 pm
I haven't really planned my funeral much, but I have decided what kind of coffin I want, what my tomb will look like, and what I want to be wearing when they lay me to rest (or to come back as one of the Living Dead to seek revenge on all those who didn't show up to my funeral). I want my coffin to be grand and pretty with silver embellishments on the outside and lined with red velvet on the inside. I want to be buried in white as a contrast to how I dressed in life, playing off of the Christian concept of finally shedding the sinful human nature and being robed in righteousness and all that. And I want my tomb to be one of those huge crypt-like buildings (like in the Phantom of the Opera movie) so that when I'm dead and gone all the little gothlings can come over to hang out.  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:45 pm
I've planned little bits and pieces of it. First, no crying, I won't allow it. Everyone should celebrate me and my life. Heavy metal will be involved somehow, as will fog machines, lots of flowers, industrial music and decorations and shiny stuff. Ooh! I want it inside a gothic style castle by a park or something. There will also be lots of candles and iron things and pretty outfits...I will have delicious first class food served, or really whatever a person wants...

Honestly I've thought more about how I want to die then my actual send off. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:05 pm
I haven't planned my funeral very much, but do I have a list of ways I would like to die.  

Katanas Blade

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:42 pm
Funeral Barge. I want to be set out to see on a wooden ship, which is then set alight, commiting my spirit to valhalla.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:31 am
I really don't care what my funeral will be like.  

Ametrin

Ende_Neu

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:49 pm
Haha. Kind of odd I guess, but I'd absolutely love to be dressed up in something nice. Then I'd like to be attached to a chair in the center of Union Square in New York and left there on display for about two weeks. I'd need someone in a hazmat suit to wave the critters away, but after that, I don't really care much about where they decide to toss me.

Other than that, I'd find it incredibly entertaining if one of my friends wound up getting me taxidermed and selling my body to some club as an expensive doorstop. domokun  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:30 pm
So I'm not the only one! Yeah, I definitely plan my funeral, especially when I noticed the good and bad parts about my mom's. My grandma planned out the music and stuff, (which pissed me off a little) but her coffin was very beautiful. It was white with pastel pink roses and lining and a gold border, and I want it really badly. I dunno what I'll be wearing, but I want everyone else to wear black and mourn. I'm still deciding on the music, though I've thought of a couple of songs.  

Spooky Ames

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:40 pm
GilAskan
Planning your own funeral isn't morbid, really. In fact, some psychologists have argued that this sort of conceptualization is important to the growth of a mind; being able to concieve the world's continued existence past our own perception, starting from our death, the transitionary period of our funeral, and the world then "without us".

Isn't the definition of word "morbid" mean anything that causes or is relating to death? Like "morbid obesity" which is like being so obese that it can rapidly kill you. I hear the term morbidity alot in reference to chronically sick people. So yeah I would think a funeral is "morbid" by definition as it pertains to death. I think people misuse the word "morbid" as to mean something negative when it's actually a neutral term. Like the word "death", morbid is neither good nor evil, it just IS. Funerals are morbid because they are about death. Weddings are not...unless of course you kill yourself after your vows.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff