I RETURN!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:38 am
From my travels in the deepest reaches of the umbral realm, to retreive the glaive of Callamahari... to find not much has changed... so lets talk... about love, about life, about emotions... but mainly lets talk about change.

Do you still think you'll be emersed in goth culture when you grow up, or will it impact your life less and less not nessacerily grow out of it... but as over concerns take over your life, such as work and family, will the culture still impact you as much?  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:42 am
Welcome back. biggrin

As I grow older, I see myself dressing more cyber-goth-ish. Once I hit 30 though, I'd probably lean more towards romantigoth, it's a much more acceptable style for people who aren't "young thangs" anymore. I'll always be dark and eccentric.  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 pm
Everyone run, duck, and cover reliks back!!
J/K
But no seriously, I'm not sure how much being goth will impact me as an older adult, not even sure how much the things I do now will effect my future. I know it's gonna be harder to get jobs around here with a tattoo that you can see and my ears pierced as much as tehy are. (Gonna get them all the way up) As jobs around here just recently started refusing to hire people with showing tattoos. (I cannot cover mine)  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 pm
WELCOME BACK I MISSED YOU! LOL heart
My aunt has been nagging me about this topic...."u'll grow out of it...its just a phase!" to be honest i can't see myself as not being goth...in some way and feeling happy. I'll teach my kids why i am, to accept it and if they think its cool and they grow to be that way then WOOOO! lol
But if she turns out to be one of those prissy girls in pink im kicking her out.... i hate pink *growls* scream
lmao mrgreen rofl  

babykitty18

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:06 pm
Welcome back.

On the question at hand-

I'm always very hesitant to say that I'll like just about anything for the rest of my life.

I find that a lot of the people who feel the need to testify their planned life-long devotion to something end up not following through. I've seen it a lot with people I know, and people I've been around. And with many different subjects- lifestyle choices, religion, political stance, music preference, movie taste, diet, fashion...

I've often found that people who need to pledge their allegiance to life-long advocacy make that pledge out of self-skepticism. People more likely to follow through on them have no need to make such a pledge, because no alternate cross their mind.

Often, at least.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:38 pm
Hey Rellik! Welcome back! If you're looking for something new, I think you should come back in about a year. This guild moves painfully slowly and not many people here are that interesting...

To answer your question...

I don't "plan to be" anything. I just am...I am I. I will move with the flow. I'll probably dress more romanti-goth when I get older though. I've never really had the confidence to do it. (Don't like too many ogling men...) Gothiqueness is part of me and my tastes and I can't really change that, and things that are a part of you influence your descisions. Things change on their own. If I stop liking the Bauhaus oneday I'm not going to force myself back into liking them just for the sake of the culture, and why would I be involved in something I didn't truly enjoy anyway? Just go with the flow...My responsibilities will grow, but I'll be going about them while listening to my favorite bands and dressed in the clothes I like, and what I believe will affect what I do too. If it changes, then it changes. Right now I see that there will always be a gothic corner of my heart (as there has always been, I have proof from kindergarden teachers) and it's just a matter of embracing it and how its importance in my life will fluctuate, which it probably will, but it will always be a part of me, no matter how small. smile  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:09 am
CURSES!.. I knew I shouldn't have gone for that discount hitman mad .... But I had a coupon D:

I don't know, I don't know if anything will change when I have a family and things like... Plus I honestly don't think I'm gonna live that long anyway smile  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:24 pm
The further time goes on the more I love Goth culture and Co*. It's so much a part of who I am that I can't see it ever changing. That's fine with me!

*'Co.' being all those little interests that can be bunched into Goth. You know the ones I mean!

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm
The parents were waiting me to outgrow this goth thing, but I was growing into it lol. They gradually accepted me, though, and it's amazing.

No, I'll be like this for the rest of my life.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:54 am
Well, I've more or less grown up and I'm still gothy. Not quite as gothy as I used to be, because I don't go to the trouble of putting on all the makeup every day, but I still wear lace and velvet and nothing but black and dark colours, and I still listen to goth and darkwave bands.

Then again, I probably wouldn't be so gothy if I had a regular job. I'm a singer, so I get to be as eccentric as I darned well please.  

Veruniel
Crew

Sica_Lunae

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:11 pm
I'm definitely not as "gothy" as I used to be. I've ditched a few of the layers of eyeliner, and I even wear colors (shock and awe!).
I do still love wearing black, and I absolutely adore gothic style, but I do enjoy other styles to. I've kind of just become a melting pot for a lot of different styles.
My music taste spans several genres as well. Currently listening to Epica! xd But I'm in love with Reel Big Fish and the Fratellis as well.
I even dance to hip hop. sweatdrop
My interests, however, remain either nerdy or occult. wink
Physics, energy manipulation, tarot... I love it all.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:18 pm
Welcome back Rellik.

I never really considered myself gothic. It was always what other people would call me occasionally. And there there were some sad people who called me emo and then found themselves in much pain.
As for growing out of it, I'm not sure since I rather enjoy dressing as I do. If I'm still considered gothic in the future then so be it. biggrin

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:15 pm
I probably wouldn't remain so for the rest of my life, but I still enjoy it enough to remain interested for maybe... I dunno, a decade or so.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:16 pm
if im still in the goth movement then i grow older? dont know... time will show. I dont plan my life that. Maybe i will get more into it, maybe ill get tired of it. Only the time will tell.  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:44 am
I'm not even sure if i've grown INto the goth culture yet. But i like it a whole lot better than the other things i've been trying out the last few years.
But mindset wise-yes, i think i'll still think the same ways i've always thinked and like the same things i've always liked. i've always been a creative person, and i've always never fit in. I couldn't see myself as a grown up buying my kid's clothes from limeted too and being a soccer mom. i just couldn't see it.
i'll probably grow up to be one of those hippie types who wear flowy clothes and have a bunch of animals and plants.  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games