Don't Smoke Around Me! >:O! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:21 pm
Some of my friends smoke, and I don't so when they light up I go -cough seizure cough cough-
I told them smoking is bad for them but they still do it.
I hate when they light one up right in front of me and make me suffer =/
Discuss:
Smoking
Non-smokers  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:24 pm
Blegh I don't get smoking. I know too much science ^_^
I hate it when others smoke around me, I'm asthmatic so it really effects me  

Parasox v2

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:34 pm
No, for me... it smells bad, tastes bad... well, ok, sometimes it look cool but it's still bad for you scream

I love the law forbidding smoking in bar and restaurants etc.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 pm
I don't like smoking (it a gross, money sucking habit) but the smell makes me kind of nostalgic. My grandmother smoked all her life...it ended up killing her in the end. sad But when ever I smell it, it reminds me of her.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Lady Catalina

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:08 pm
My in-laws smoke, but I absolutely hate it. So I've politely asked them not to smoke around me. My hubby is the one to remind them that it causes cancer and whatnot. But you should just ask your friends not to do it around you. Either go elsewhere or wait to light up. Because they're affecting you with secondhand smoke. And that's not fair to you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:59 pm
I don't smoke IRL, I like being able to breathe. I just like having the accessory on my avi for some reason sweatdrop

As for your friends, you telling them it's bad for them isn't going to get them to quit (I know, I've tried with a few of my friends who smoke both cigs and weed gonk ). They have to want to quit for themselves.

If I were you, I'd just walk away when they lit up. You really don't want to be breathing that sh*t.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:11 pm
IRL I am a very occasional smoker. Literally like 5 a month tops. I used to smoke a lot more, but its expensive and smelly and generally not very pleasent, but I still get the stress release from the nicotine. Its hard sometimes when life is doing your head in not to go out and buy a pack. And I'd rather be around someone who is smoking lots than someone whos is drinking lots. People who cant control their alcohol=worse than smokers IMO  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:15 pm
Some of my friends smoke but they know I can't handle it since I'm allergic so they go where I wont get any smoke and they always say sorry if it does get to me but they try so thats what matters.  

[Zigaroma]

Asury

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:53 pm
None of my friends smoke, thankfully
We hate it too

I had a friend who smoke, and it made me mad that he knew it bothered me and still did it right in my face =/
I mean, kill yourself not me...  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:00 pm
User Image

Oh, I know how that goes.

My sister used to have a weak chest, and so my mum and her boyfriend's idea of smoking away from my sister used to be going into the next room. With the door wide open. So they could still see the telly stare . After she passed away, it was even worse - they'd smoke in the same room right next to me. Going on holiday to stay with my grandparents abroad was the worst for second hand smoke, though. My sister and me were the only non smokers there!

Thankfully, my dad and his girlfriend *always* smoke outside, even if it's just the two of 'em there

User Image

TakingOverMe...

Dangerous Lunatic

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:43 pm
My mom used to smoke, way back when I was a kid. Then she stopped.

I asked her recently how she did it, because now there are all these pills and patches and stuff. I think there was niccotine gum back then, but she didn't use that.

She quilted. A lot.

She also said food tasted much better after she stopped.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:05 pm
I smoke.

It's fine. I try to respect non-smokers.
But non-smokers need to respect us as well.
I get so pissed when I find a spot away from everyone, light up a cigarette, then some stupid a*****e walks over and stands right next to me giving dirty looks.
I just want to blow more smoke in their direction, because they are ******** stupid.

One day I was walking home from the train station and a bunch of little boys crossed the street and started walking behind me. The little bastards started fake coughing and s**t. I turned around and said, "If you don't like it, don't walk behind me."

Sorry. I haven't smoked a cig in two hours.
I am in fact playing with the idea of quitting.
But now that I spoke about it, I want a cig so bad.
DAMN YOU!!!!

Ps. Lehonatane... I'm glad about the no smoking in bars/restaurants law except for when it's raining. Lol.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Simming

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:28 pm
I don't really care if people smoke, as long as they don't do it around me. I think I might be developing an allergy to it. Whenever I go next door to my sisters when she smoking I get a really bad headache and I get nausea, the same thing happens when I go to my dads for long periods of time.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:24 pm
lilartichoke
I smoke.

It's fine. I try to respect non-smokers.
But non-smokers need to respect us as well.
I get so pissed when I find a spot away from everyone, light up a cigarette, then some stupid a*****e walks over and stands right next to me giving dirty looks.
I just want to blow more smoke in their direction, because they are ******** stupid.

One day I was walking home from the train station and a bunch of little boys crossed the street and started walking behind me. The little bastards started fake coughing and s**t. I turned around and said, "If you don't like it, don't walk behind me."

Sorry. I haven't smoked a cig in two hours.
I am in fact playing with the idea of quitting.
But now that I spoke about it, I want a cig so bad.
DAMN YOU!!!!

Ps. Lehonatane... I'm glad about the no smoking in bars/restaurants law except for when it's raining. Lol.

pretty much the exact same goes for me when i smoke . . . though if i'm smoking in my own house the non smokers need to step outside or into another room or deal with it . . . they know i smoke and they are in my house . . . so they should expect smoke . . .

any other time i'll walk away from non smokers . . . for ex smokers i check about 4-5 times if they say it's ok to smoke . . . though i'll still typically walk outside/away unless it's raining or i can't walk away (shows, events, things where we do not need to get separated) . . .

i don't smoke around kids . . . they aren't old enough to smoke themselves . . . so why should they be near it . . .  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:52 pm
I dont smoke never have, never will. But my bf used to smoke he no longer does thank god. But he does like to smoke the wacky weed which I dont mind as much as cigs. Because i quite like the smell of weed unlike cigs.  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff