Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Poetry, Novels, Writing & Literature
Who/What is your favorite... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:59 pm
Who/What is your favorite Author or book?

Personally, I'm kind of split right now between James Patterson's Maximum Ride series, & Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince series.

How about you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:10 pm
Agatha Christie. I barely read her novels now, but between my late primary school and early secondary school, I have read 75 of her novels. She has written slightly more than 90 (95 or 96 I'm not sure). I stopped reading, basically because the novels I haven't read aren't translated to my language yet. There are maybe 2 or 3 of her novels that are translated to my language, that I didn't manage to get ahold of.
I also plan to read all the works of Dostoevsky some day. When I finish college probably. I'm busy as a slave right now. (To which you reply: Yeah, right, what are you doing on Gaia then? To which I say: arrrgh...)  

Symbolism of number One

Sabrina Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:53 am
I like Stephen King, R.L. Stein, Dean Koontz, and a few others.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:49 am
Edgar Allan Poe.  

Nevermore of the Void

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:29 pm
OMG, I love Edgar Allan Poe! I know the entire Raven by heart (in English, which is not my native language). heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:21 pm
Symbolism of number One
OMG, I love Edgar Allan Poe! I know the entire Raven by heart (in English, which is not my native language). heart

Impressive! Even I have trouble memorizing that poem, & English is my first language!

Right now, I'm reading Phantom Tollbooth in school (for the 3rd time), & I have to say, every time I read this book I like it even more!  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:17 pm
FaithBlack
Symbolism of number One

Impressive! Even I have trouble memorizing that poem, & English is my first language!

Right now, I'm reading Phantom Tollbooth in school (for the 3rd time), & I have to say, every time I read this book I like it even more!

Thank you. =^_^=
I also read a few of his short stories and I liked those a lot too.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:06 pm
after all, i got my name from The Raven. ^_^  

Nevermore of the Void

soupeh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:37 pm
ooo I hate Poe....

My all time favorite book is Pride and Prejudge. I love the play on words and how on the outside it seems like a normal friendly party but underneath are harsh words and stirring feelings yet to be acknowledged.

Favorite authors are Tamora Pierce (read all her books), Garth Nix (read most of his books), Philip Pullman (though I disagree with his ideas and views on religion), and Stephanie Meyer (love the writing style hate most of the characters in Twilight). More but I read too much so thats just the gist of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:47 pm
I like Brian Jacques's acclaimed Redwall series. If you like animals and medieval style battle, then this series is for you. It has great adventures, evil commanders,tyrants, conquerors, hordes, all battling against the forces of good. It is such an imaginative world that is described in such detail that you feel that you are right there, in the story. Not for those who don't like to read long books(aprox. 300-550 pages per book).
Right now there are about 18 books in the series, so if you're looking for a good series to read for a year then this is it.
First book: Redwall
Second book: Mossflower
Third book: Mattimeo
Pm me for all the details if you want more.  

Celionis

Interesting Hunter

azi-maj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:37 pm
FaithBlack
Symbolism of number One

i love the Phantom Tollbooth heart I read for a english project last year and i simply loved it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:40 pm
Charkan
I like Brian Jacques's acclaimed Redwall series. If you like animals and medieval style battle, then this series is for you. It has great adventures, evil commanders,tyrants, conquerors, hordes, all battling against the forces of good. It is such an imaginative world that is described in such detail that you feel that you are right there, in the story. Not for those who don't like to read long books(aprox. 300-550 pages per book).
Right now there are about 18 books in the series, so if you're looking for a good series to read for a year then this is it.
First book: Redwall
Second book: Mossflower
Third book: Mattimeo
Pm me for all the details if you want more.

I knew this guy who loved that series (he even talked in old english). He was an amazing reader and he finished one of those books, i think it was called Tris, in one week. I loved that series too but i stopped reading it. Oh and i watched the show too.  

azi-maj

MonsterGirlDrazen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 pm
Did someone say Poe? I love him! He's not my favortie, but my favorite piece of work by him has to be either The Raven or The Black Cat.
I don't really have a favorite book per say, I have a hard time choosing. But I'd have to say it's between The Silver Kiss, Blood and Chocolate, Vampire Kisses, and Demon in My View.
Has anyone read Coraline? I thought that was a pretty good book too, quietly creepy. And yes, I am aware it has been made into a movie  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:01 pm
"What is the color of Night?"

I personally like Orson Scott Card, a good Sci-fi and fantasy novelist. I also like some of R.A. Salvatore's stuff, even if his main character tends to be an idiot...

"Welcome home."

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

Poetry, Novels, Writing & Literature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas