Reply ~ Main Forum ~
annoying misconceptions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ms Dahl

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:54 am
Lately I've been thinking about all the funny, annoying, and ridiculous misconceptions I've gotten from "outsiders" about the Goth subculture. The most recent being from a few girls at school. They think I don't "act Goth" (whatever that means) because I'm not all depressed and mean all the time. *rolls eyes* One girl actually said to me "You're all Goth and dark and stuff but once you get to know you you're not all that scary". rolleyes

The second thing they told me was that I wasn't a true Goth because I didn't like modern Horror movies. Truth be told I cannot STAND modern horror movies (except for a select few) . This is because of the usual poor acting and cliche storylines. I especially cannot stand ghost stories. They're all the same to me. Anyways, this one specific girl at school thinks she's "more Goth" than me because she loves all things about Ghosts. IT ANNOYS THE HECK OUT OF ME. She's always asking me "are you afraid of this" or "have you seen this [insert trendy horror movie]"? I just roll my eyes. Since when does being a Goth lie solely on whether or not someone is scared of things? HAHAAAA!

Also, just because I am a Goth doesn't mean that I have to like horror films. I know plenty of Goths that can't stand ANY type of horror films be it old or new. Bah. Mundanes can be so annoying sometimes. xd

So, what amusing stories about mundanes do you have?  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:52 am
I was at a 7-11 one night and a guy came over to me while I was browsing and he goes 'You hate Jesus, don't you.'
I said 'No I think he was a lovely man actually'

A lot of people in the past have asked me if I am on ice, because apparently that's what all the goth kids do. I have to say, none of my friends do it, and neither do I.  

Miss Distance

Lucifer of Love

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:30 am
Someone gave me the Hitler salute while I was with some friends downtown yesterday. I stared at him, he blinked twice and he said in a low tone: "Come on, man. Give me some support here." I sighed deeply, gave a facepalm and bursted out of laughter. That made my day. ;D

The man walked away and one of my friends was scared shitless but I didn't make any fuss about it. I was as well but decided to show no fear.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:44 am
I got kicked out of a church. biggrin They said they don't allow "your kind" here. I was like s**t...  

Nikki the Juggalette

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:06 am
This has been locked, by the way, not by me. The reasons for it being locked are, as I see it, numerous.

1) Repeat topic. Like, there are hundreds of these.

2) Discrimination towards non-goths ("Mundanes")  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games