Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
So I want to totally redo my Legacy house...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Pemberly

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:40 pm
Don't worry miss...

But I'm not sure exactly how. They're very low budget, about 14k if all the walls and such are deleted. Their house is very small, but they have three kids, and I'm making sure they have at least 3 more to get the LTW of marrying off 6. My last legacy house was large, but they had about 100k to work with. How can I make a large family house with a low budget?

...he's already informed of that

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:21 pm
You know... for the life time want of marrying six kids... if one child marries twice, that actually counts as two. So you could have one of the sim children marry four times, and the other two marry twice, or any combination of such, and it will count as having six kids married off. Weird.. I know. xd

As for the house, I always renovate when someone dies. It's tradition.  

Banana-nana

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:38 pm

My large family has the problem too minus the the broke part, just not good at adding to houses. XD What I've discovered is that tents are great for sleeping and just have like two of them in the backward and have the kids sleep in there at night. ^^;;;

And silly question... exactly what is a legacy family? Is it a family that you play in the same house generation by generation or is it a family that just starts in one household and branches out into the neighborhood when they are grown and ready to live their simmy lives?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm
Hae

And silly question... exactly what is a legacy family? Is it a family that you play in the same house generation by generation or is it a family that just starts in one household and branches out into the neighborhood when they are grown and ready to live their simmy lives?

It can be both. For the original idea, look here: http://www.legacychallenge.com/

Originally, the idea was to have one family stay in one house for 10 generations.

But many people, me included, just enjoy the basic idea and don't follow all the rules. So what I call my legacy family is more the entire hood. I have one house that is "The Legacy Family" but I've been working on populating the entire hood using this family.

It's kind of fun to see what traits stick with what family and who still have stuff from the original founder.  

Banana-nana

kaiser321

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:44 pm
when you say you don't have enough money, do you use cheats? ninja  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:20 pm
Banana-nana

Originally, the idea was to have one family stay in one house for 10 generations.

But many people, me included, just enjoy the basic idea and don't follow all the rules. So what I call my legacy family is more the entire hood. I have one house that is "The Legacy Family" but I've been working on populating the entire hood using this family.

It's kind of fun to see what traits stick with what family and who still have stuff from the original founder.

Thank you for answering and showing my that site. ^^ I'm only on generation three of my family and still in the same house but wasn't sure if they could leave and branch out on their on. Now that I know the rules can be bent like that I'll be doing it that way. Thanks!!! whee

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Emme Meow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:31 pm
Well, you could make them live in tents in their backyard while you are building the house. You could add a little bit more onto the house every once in a while. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:31 pm
You could also add a second floor and make the second floor a little bigger when you get enough money.  

retroxelmo

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff