LAME.
View Results

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:14 am
OK, so I'm pretty sure any "Twilight" fan would KILL to go to Forks, Washington. I know I would. But my parents are not gonna drive me all the way up there from Middle Tennessee and there is no way I would go by myself. So I was thinking that I could take a bunch of friends up there for a Senior trip, you know, when I do become a Senior (I'm only a Sophomore now). Then I got to thinkin even more and came up with this just awesome idea!

"Twilight Tours"

It would be sort of like an organization with a bunch of charter buses that picks people up from all across America and takes them to all of the places mentioned in "Twilight" (i.e- Forks High School, the Quileute Reservation, La Push beach, Phoenix, etc.). Of course it wouldn't couldn't be cheap considering the ever escalating gas prices but it would be AWESOME!

So whatcha think?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:49 am
Yeah.... that would be great and then all of the twilight fans will be able to get a clear picture of what Forks looks like!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:23 pm
Punky-Perfect
Yeah.... that would be great and then all of the twilight fans will be able to get a clear picture of what Forks looks like!

I think it's more fun to imagine what it looks like other than actually knowing.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
Punky-Perfect

I think it's more fun to imagine what it looks like other than actually knowing.

definetly.
i like what forks looks like in my mind.
and all the charecters. expecially edward.
Robert dosnt do him justice.

Dine with the Damned

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:34 pm
I would definitely love to go on a tour like that! I think it'd be great fun! Besides that, I think I'd like to know what Forks really looks like considering I can't imagine it very well in my mind. So...I bet we could start up some fund or something to try and pay for some of it, if people are willing to.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:08 am
I like my imagination! But I do think that would be kind of cool! I don't think they would be picking people up though. You would probably have to fly out to the separate places like Pheonix and Forks. Start the tour in one of those places and than go to the next stop!  

edwards_little_bella

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:02 am
It sounds like a great idea, but my parents would never let me go... sad  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:06 pm
eh i'd rather not be on a bus full of pre-teen screaming little girls...im fine just where I am... that would just ruin everything  

celestialheiress

Creative-berry-genius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm
celestialheiress
eh i'd rather not be on a bus full of pre-teen screaming little girls...im fine just where I am... that would just ruin everything

Yeah same here. I'd like to see Forks but without all the really excited fans screaming when I'm looking around. That would get on my nerves really fast.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:56 pm
I think there should be an age limit. It would probably be 16 or older to go on your own. And if you wanted to go but weren't old enough, then you'd have to get your parents to go with you, and what parent wants to accompany their pre-teen kids on a trip like that? See what I'm kinda getting at?  

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

CameoAmalthea

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:18 pm
I actually went to Forks last summer as a gift for graduating high school. I feel old sad .

Anyway, I'm from Phoenix AZ, but got to go up there because my dad's side of the family lives there. It was surprisingly sunny.

Anyway, as far as touristy stuff, there wasn't really anything there at the time. Well did run into the crew scouting for exterior shots for the movie, and got to take pictures with them, and the principle of Forks high school, which was cool. (they loved the fact I'd come all the way from Phoenix.)

The problem with a tour would be that if you wanted to spend some time there, you'd have to stay over night. There is one small hotel in Forks, and a beach resort at La Push with some cabins, and a small RV park there. Not really enough there to accommodate a lot of tourists.

If anyone ever goes, I recommend camping. Personally I hate camping, because really I'm a klutz, so being in the wilderness, just doesn't sound safe exactly. I'm not out doorsy, I'm a city girl. But when I went my half sister, who is on my father's side so doesn't have the klutz gene, is big into camping, and she convinced me.

Her: We should go camping.
Me: I might get killed.
Her: No you won't. Besides, I want to show you the Olympic Pennsylvania, its beautiful. There are rain forests, and we can camp on the beach at La Push. (because they aloud beach camping there and not at other beaches)
Me: La Push? Sure I love camping. What could go wrong at the beach anyway? (Ended up cutting my hand open badly in a tide pool, as I tried to climb out to escape the rising water when I got trapped in there at high tide. But what's a little blood right?)

But anyway, there are a lot of camp grounds in the general area. Camping at La Push was great, and its a total surf spot. (really hot Quileute surfer boys, it was fun). An RV trip would be fun, go in on an RV with a bunch of people.

But, there's not really that much there, unless you go on a nature tour, yay hiking. As for visiting Phoenix, not a lot of Twilight sights exactly. I love the city though. Just don't come in summer, seriously it was 117 here last 4th of July. Though August is great time to go to Forks, the weather's perfect.

Oh and as for what Forks looks like. When I was there it was sunny. Its very small, blink and you'll miss it. Not a lot of trees in the town, just around it. I thought Forks was pretty, oh and in between Forks and Port Angeles there's this lace where the water is as crystal clear, its amazing.

Anyway, I have pics.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/journal.php
If anyone's curious.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:56 pm
If you can raise the money, my friend and I are going next summer - 2009. We've got everything set up... one more wouldn't hurt heart  

6vampire6mistress6

awfulgirl

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:38 am
that would be awsome! i really want to go to forks but they finished the shooting of the film . i really ope they dont mess up the movie like they did with eragon!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 am
Ugh. I didn't think about the stupid preteen fangirls...
But I like Kunoichi21's idea. That might work.

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

flutterby123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:35 pm
Your My Brand Of Heroin
Pubic Genital Lice
Punky-Perfect

definetly.
i like what forks looks like in my mind.
and all the charecters. expecially edward.
Robert dosnt do him justice.

I second that.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas