=[IC]= Black Shadows =[IC]=

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:33 pm
It was dark across the southern border of the Ethiopian Highlands; night had fallen, the time when African predators were most active and prey needed to be most on the alert.

A dark shadow quietly prowled along the border, moving softly across the lands; only a glint of moonlight revealed two deep violet eyes, sharply viewing the ground further below in the flatlands. It was there that any trouble would come from, although the shadow was not expecting overmuch; these highlands were too rugged for most creatures to consider exploring, and the shadow felt fairly secure here.

A patch of moonlight and starlight spills quietly over a boulder, and it's into this that the feline steps: a middle-aged lioness, velvet-black in color with only a few even darker markings around her neck. Her tail-tuft twitches back and forth as she glances around, muzzle held high to scent the wind.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:06 pm
He rarely ventured far, but he had yet to wander a while.

Compared to most, he was still young. Compared to a normal cub, he was large-- abnormally so. Still, the grey and blue cub moved deftly, re-affirming his awareness of the lands outside his normal grounds. He had chosen to keep his wings hidden from sight for now, but his golden eyes shone softly in the dark.

He wasn't searching for trouble, so he chose to remain in view. At worse, he would fight, but only if needed, and he preferred not to; he'd seen enough violence in his existence to satisfy most lions in a lifetime.

Occasionally he glanced up; who would live so far out here? The god-cub studied the area silently, but aside his eyes, made no effort to stand out. But perhaps this night might yet be interesting.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:27 pm
The gleam immediately catches her attention, and violet eyes turn towards him; the muzzle of the lioness pulls into a frown as she tries to make out shapes in the shadows, slowly discerning the child's form.

It was, she noted with surprise, an overly-large cub. A subspecies she'd never met before, perhaps? She had seen barbary lions before; this one was about the same size as one of their cubs, perhaps a bit bigger, but didn't have the right shape nor length of mane to be considered one.

Still, where there were cubs, there were oft parents. Frowning, she slipped down several steps until she was closer and in hailing distance. "Who goes there?" Her voice is firm but musical; it carries a hint of command.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:31 pm
Primitus' head rose and he looked up, jarred from thought by a strange voice.

He looked around a moment before spying the older female, and sat quietly. He was used to being approached, but he WAS the intruder, and slowly the cub bowed his head.

"Ah, forgive me! I am Primitus. I mean no ill will. Might I ask your name?"

He looked up softly. Best to remain unaggressive for now, and hope the stranger was friendly.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm

He spoke .. differently than the children she'd met. Afu had not had too much experience with children - except, she reflects mildly, the one time she and her former mate had kidnapped several - but even she knew that this wasn't how a normal child spoke. Cautiously, eyes narrowed slightly, she moved out further into the light, her black tail-tuft twitching behind her. "Greetings, then, Primitus. You are nearing pridal territory; unless you have a reason for being here, I suggest you turn back." She quirks an amused brow at the servile question, and decides to answer his question; at least with her common name, if not her pride name. "My name is Afu."

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:09 pm
Primitus bowed his head, remaining seated.

"An honor, m'lady."

He looked up quietly, eyes seeming to focus on nothing, but he was watching attentively.

"I do apologize' I did not know whom lived in these lands. I am simply re-learning the land after so long a time since I last walked them. I may leave, if you so wish. I mean not to offend."

He remained soft spoken, calm. After all, this was not his homeland, and it wouldn't do to instigate.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:17 pm
She was amused at his humble manner; and wondered vaguely if it was an act. He was an odd child ... she'd never met any cub as soft-spoken and with such delicate manners.

Afu considers the request, ears curving back delicately against her skull as she seats herself, looking more like a statue than a living, breathing feline for a brief moment. Her tail coils quietly around her forepaws. It certainly could not hurt to let this child meander about on her lands - but she did not particularly want the lands overflowing with cubs that weren't pride members. The key to a good pride would be isolation, a sense of worthiness, and that certainly wasn't going to happen if vagabonds were allowed free access.

Stalling for time to let herself think, she watches him carefully. "So, Primitus, where do you hail from? And where are you going, assuming you have a destination?"

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:57 pm
Primitus looked up, eyes twinkling with some amusement.

"I come from a realm beyond that which any living mortal has seen." He smiled. He meant no ill manner, but it was difficult to decide if she'd handle a god in her land well. He wasn't sure, and tested the waters, the notches under his eyes glinting slightly as he smiled-- a hint at his true nature. "As for destination, I have none. I begin from a land of rogues and desire to return, but I do wish to take in the state of the lands around, to see if my skills are.... Needed. I mean no ill will."

He bowed his head again, though he knew sooner or later he may need to show his nature.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Mila Farrell
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:51 pm

The words make the hair on the back of the female's neck bristle slightly; they sounded silly, ridiculous, but the very mode of speech from this cub's mouth was unusual. There was something strange going on here. And - had she imagined it, or had his eyes gleamed oddly, for a second? Warily, even more on guard, she watched him through narrow purple eyes. "And what skills," she queried, carefully choosing her words: " ... would those be?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:06 am
"Mine are skills in the realm of leadership; although from such loyal security, the leader of this land must be very good and hardly in need of advice."

He smiled, settling to sit more comfortably.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces