Total Votes : 82

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:54 am
User Image

The theme for June and July is 'MONSTER'

Rules
  • Any media is fine, whether its clay or material or spaghetti xd

• At this point I'm trying to keep things fairly open, so even if you think of something that isn't strictly 'sculpture' just post it anyway, as long as it's crafty smile

• Please post any entries or discussion about the theme in this thread.

• You can post as many theme related works as you want.

• Progress shots and planning can go in here as well, you don't have to wait until it's finished.

• If you're prefer not to be critiqued please say so clearly; otherwise expect that you might get it.

• If you're using patterns or heavy references not of your own creation, please site them and link if possible. The actual work itself must be done by you.

• This isn't a contest - it's just a theme for fun and to see how different people interpret it. There is no prize and no need to be overly competitive.

Good luck everyone! I hope we can get a good number of people participating smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:48 am
Hrm. I don't know if I have anything at the moment! Surely I must, 'cause my mummy doesn't like my monster work. I'll have to scrounge.

Or make! Ehe.

-Excitement-

Nostrum

wolfkatt rolled 5 12-sided dice: 11, 5, 5, 7, 9 Total: 37 (5-60)

wolfkatt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:53 am
I'm not sure if they are considered monsters... but I've got a clay sculpture dragon and sea serpent to share. The dragon is obviously the purple thing between Death and the skull (I didn't make those!).

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:41 am
Funny, I just finished a monster sculpture not long ago. His name is Al Cabone 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't want to stretch out the page too much so here are the other photos:

Clicky  

Xuco

ladyjewell

6,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:32 pm
Would an origami dragon count?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:40 pm
Sadly, I just ran out of clay, and I lack the mulah to go and get more, even though the craft store is right up the street from me... crying I'll probably submit something when I can, though!
Look forward to it!
^^

th ii mble rose

5,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100

ate_gulai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:21 am
Ooh OOh!!
MONSTER!!
yay!! biggrin

i feel bad for these things coz i never really make anything for it. i just kind of find things that just happen to go into that category.
Strangely enough i happen to have stuff to fall in to the category...

okay well this is a dinosaur/dragon i made for a friend a little while ago (um last year *ahem*)but has since been M.I.A!!! Quite sad... crying
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.um he's just made with felt and embroidery thread, and lots of love! *aww  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 am
Yay! Obviously the character isn't mine, it's a Domo-kun. But the pattern is mine, and I made it. Domo-kun is a monster, right?

And since there's food, also, this makes up for the fact that I didn't get anything cool done for the last theme.

Domo is wishing a friend of mine a happy birthday, and eating cake.
User Image

(You can see more of Domo-kun and his accessories in my gallery thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=12410189#149660793 )

Also, Al Cabone really really gives me the willies. Good job.  

magpye

ate_gulai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:16 pm
magpye@: ooh! he has a oarty hat! how cute^^ i like that fabric in the backgound though  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:43 am
ahhh monsters *runs away*  

Mizamina

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:06 pm
Wahhh great work so far guys!

@wofkatt: So cute and shiny!

@Xuco: OMG, the hand bones/legs thing looks so cool! Such great texture.

@ladyjewell: Absolutely 3nodding Any media is fine (so long as it's craft, so a drawing wouldn't really count) and any interpretation of 'monster' is fine too.

@shippo: you have quite a bit of time still!

@ate_gulai: SO CUTE! I love the design and the colours, really adorable!

@mapye: Domo-kun! He's so cute with his little accessories whee  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:51 am
Those are some awesome sculptures! biggrin
I'm busy making a large-ish dragon at the moment. Will post photos once it starts looking like a dragon and not a wadge of foil and armature wires :p  

Morluin

Sparkly Enabler

Nostrum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:16 am
Okay. I know this doesn't REALLY count. Because it's not a monster.
I have a plushie in the making, but it's not ready for show yet, so it'll have to wait til later.

Look out! Behind you!
Yeah. So it's not a monster.
But some people who have played Portal [HalfLife] have made numerous comments toward the nightmares recieved from having a WCC.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 pm
User Image

User Image

There..

Its to small for anything. At first I was ganna make him a cube but then I got rid of the other 2 sides and top and bottom.. and ended up with this.

I cant really find anything to put in it.. And it looks good this way, so I dont want to stuff it.

A few people keep telling me I should remake it into a beanie or something.

What say you?

User Image

Miss Rat

magpye

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:17 am
@All About Crumpets: Nice companion cube. Those things aren't easy to make.

@Miss Rat: I demand a beanie! He's a very funny, cute monster. I like him. You could fill him with cloves or something that smells nice, maybe.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff