Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Chapter One and Cover ****SPOILERZ**** Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 pm
If you've read the 1st chapter of breaking dawn, I wanna chat!

What'd ya think of it? I thought it sounded....different. I dunno it just sounded different from all the other books somehow. Probably because Bella's growing up *sniffles*

What was your favorite part?

Mine was finding out that Edward and Seth are friends! That was SO unexpected for me!! The other 2 parts were when Charlie got cheesed at Bella and was like "I knew it!! You're pregnant!!" haha Not even close dude xp Then how she was seeing the have you seen this boy posters for Jacob and she was like, they can't cuz no one will see this BOY.

The cover confused me. In my own land (haha) it would mean how both boys have been playing a little game for Bella's attention and one of them has finally won.

ALSO: I have a sneaking suspicion that the prologue is actually talking about her and Jacob - not her and Edward crying Hopefully not, but... still....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:36 pm
I am so glad I'm not the only one who noticed! It did sound different. You have a point about Bella growing up. I wish there was more Edward/Bella parts. Alice was cute too! "No one dressed by me is ever considered and idiot." --or something like that.

Seth + Edward= Awesomeness!

I have very high hopes for this book!
Oh yeah, I agree about the Preface. very interesting.....
Overall, I loved it. ^_^  

Aqua Anjel

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:07 pm
6vampire6mistress6
If you've read the 1st chapter of breaking dawn, I wanna chat!

What'd ya think of it? I thought it sounded....different. I dunno it just sounded different from all the other books somehow. Probably because Bella's growing up *sniffles*

What was your favorite part?

Mine was finding out that Edward and Seth are friends! That was SO unexpected for me!! The other 2 parts were when Charlie got cheesed at Bella and was like "I knew it!! You're pregnant!!" haha Not even close dude xp Then how she was seeing the have you seen this boy posters for Jacob and she was like, they can't cuz no one will see this BOY.

The cover confused me. In my own land (haha) it would mean how both boys have been playing a little game for Bella's attention and one of them has finally won.

ALSO: I have a sneaking suspicion that the prologue is actually talking about her and Jacob - not her and Edward crying Hopefully not, but... still....

the prologue or the preface?

if your talking about the preface then i am absolutely
sure that its talking about edward. hold on........

(*runs off to get special edition eclipse*)

heres the part that made me 100% sure that its edward:

You could run from someone you feared, you could try to fight someone you hated. All my reactions were geared toward those kinds of killers- the monsters, the enemies.
When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options.
How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not give it? If it was someone you truly loved?

thats totally edward shes talking about.
why would jacob kill her?

shes talking about right before edward bites her.

i looked at the preface for eclipse, and i could have
sworn that the preface was in the actual story. but,
i couldnt find it anywhere. maybe it isnt.....

anyways...... that breaking dawn preface has to be
about edward. who else could it be?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:24 pm
I stood in the middle of the store reading the first chapter. The part that's on the cover is whats making me crazy. Stephenie meyer had better not make Bella get with Jacob. I would rather have Jacob Die then have Bella go with him in the end. If she did that I will go to her house and egg it with a truck load of rotten eggs.

The first chapter did sound kind of different but maybe it's just because we aren't able to read the rest of the book.  

Creative-berry-genius

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:00 pm
Creative-berry-genius
I stood in the middle of the store reading the first chapter. The part that's on the cover is whats making me crazy. Stephenie meyer had better not make Bella get with Jacob. I would rather have Jacob Die then have Bella go with him in the end. If she did that I will go to her house and egg it with a truck load of rotten eggs.

The first chapter did sound kind of different but maybe it's just because we aren't able to read the rest of the book.

oh man... you are too funny!
if bella ends up with jacob, i
will be your accomplice to egging
her house and killing jacob. heart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:47 pm
I happened to stumble across the first chapter on the internet. [lolz at who ever typed it out on the internet breaking the law] And it was amazing!

It was kind of confusing when it turned from present to a flashback. Though, I don't think it was any different from any of the other books, but the fact Bella was fretting through out the entire chapter. Which could've made it seem a little different from all the other books. I found it to be written like all the other books, which makes me excited to read the entire book!

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:10 pm
Well, to combat your theory this is what I think lol because I am a VERY firm believer that Jacob imprinted on her!

You could run from someone you feared, you could try to fight someone you hated. All my reactions were geared toward those kinds of killers- the monsters, the enemies.
How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not give it? If it was someone you truly loved?

Jacob is killing Bella FROM THE INSIDE. It may not mean a literal killing. Bella is also fighting with/for the vampires. That hurts Jacob more then anything. In Eclipse she ADMITS she loves him... even Stephenie Meyer doesn't deny that Bella's in love with him! I think Bella's talking about doing something that may hurt her - would kill her... but it'd be best.

She truly loves Jacob. She's running from her feelings and fighting the truth that she really loves him.... and he knows it now. And it's tearing him apart!

Remember how we've all thought we know exactly what the preface - or prologue or whatever you wanna call it - means and it turns out completely different? Well, yeah most girls will assume it means Edward biting Bella... SO I think it means something totally different!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:13 pm
OMG I can prove my theory!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you read the Host? Well, in the host, it talks about how all the humans left live in this secert labyrinth of caves under ground in Tuscon.

I bet Stephenie Meyer is planning to do something she knows we'll hate. So, she wrote the Host to tell us all about where she's planning to hide after it hits the market!!!!!! Perhaps she's already living there!

NO WONDER her books take so long to get published!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xd xd xd rofl rofl rofl  

6vampire6mistress6

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:02 pm
6vampire6mistress6
Well, to combat your theory this is what I think lol because I am a VERY firm believer that Jacob imprinted on her!

Jacob is killing Bella FROM THE INSIDE. It may not mean a literal killing. Bella is also fighting with/for the vampires. That hurts Jacob more then anything. In Eclipse she ADMITS she loves him... even Stephenie Meyer doesn't deny that Bella's in love with him! I think Bella's talking about doing something that may hurt her - would kill her... but it'd be best.

She truly loves Jacob. She's running from her feelings and fighting the truth that she really loves him.... and he knows it now. And it's tearing him apart!

Remember how we've all thought we know exactly what the preface - or prologue or whatever you wanna call it - means and it turns out completely different? Well, yeah most girls will assume it means Edward biting Bella... SO I think it means something totally different!!

not true.
people thought that eclipse's perface was about victoria,
and it was.
in the twilight preface, nobody knew what it was talking
about because nobody knew about james and victoria
and laurent.
in the new moon preface, nobody knew what it was talking
about again, because nobody knew about the volturi.

P.S. jacob DID NOT imprint on bella.
someone already asked her that in a FAQ on her website.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q. Did Jacob imprint on Bella?

A. No. And this is how you can be sure: in New Moon, after the first time Jacob becomes his wolf phase, he is mean to Bella. He won't tell her what is wrong. He says he can't see her anymore. If he'd imprinted on Bella in that moment (and it happens the first time you see the person after you've phased), he would have answered all her questions. Pretty much, he would have given her anything in the world she wanted. (When he's staring at her on the bottom of page 173 in Eclipse, he's trying to make himself imprint on her. But that's not something you can force.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 pm
The last page was kind of confusing! I mean it barely showed anything that happened! I wish they showed a little different detail, like take away the car part and replace it with what her friends thought!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

Kizaito Shoma

Aged Noob

6,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:56 pm
Punky-Perfect
The last page was kind of confusing! I mean it barely showed anything that happened! I wish they showed a little different detail, like take away the car part and replace it with what her friends thought!

exactly, I mean I wasn't really thrilled waiting all this time for this chapter when it wasn't amazing, it was good just not what I anticipated!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:03 pm
My favorite part was when Edward started laughing (well, smiling) when he "heard" what Charlie was thinking...  

Tricky Little Vampire

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:53 pm
Exploding-Koala
Punky-Perfect

exactly, I mean I wasn't really thrilled waiting all this time for this chapter when it wasn't amazing, it was good just not what I anticipated!

Actually I loved the ending and am so glad that I pre-ordered it, I was just saying it was a little confusing!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:31 pm
Depends who you ask..... MOST people don't know what the preface means. In fact, most people I talked to thought the preface for Eclipse was talking about the Volturi.

Even if he hasn't imprinted on her, they ARE still in love. Edward was in love with Bella and he got kinda weird and left. I really don't think it's talking about Edward.

In any case, Bella just DOES NOT deserve Edward. At all. She's already cheated on him willingly. Ultimately, I think Jake will have his way.

I did love the new chapter.... but it had SUCH a different voice.... to me, it sounds as if Stephenie is getting a bit bored with the series. Almost like she's trying to hurry the ending. I think she's too into The Host now crying  

6vampire6mistress6

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:23 am
6vampire6mistress6
Depends who you ask..... MOST people don't know what the preface means. In fact, most people I talked to thought the preface for Eclipse was talking about the Volturi.

Even if he hasn't imprinted on her, they ARE still in love. Edward was in love with Bella and he got kinda weird and left. I really don't think it's talking about Edward.

In any case, Bella just DOES NOT deserve Edward. At all. She's already cheated on him willingly. Ultimately, I think Jake will have his way.

I did love the new chapter.... but it had SUCH a different voice.... to me, it sounds as if Stephenie is getting a bit bored with the series. Almost like she's trying to hurry the ending. I think she's too into The Host now crying

OMG THANK YOU. No one else I talked to will admit freakin stupid bella cheated on edward willingly!!! thank you god!!!! "Oh she loves edward, she doesnt love jacob, jacob tricked her and he's gone now so edward and bella can be married..." Ugh!!! NO NO NO. Bella is such a little cheater and she totally loves jacob. geez. people are stupid.

and I agree she doesn't deserve Edward...but she doesn't deserve Jacob eaither. I really really really hope they both leave her...I doubt it but I just really hope it would happen..gosh.

if you all think about it, jacob acts like any other guy would...doesn't he? I mean, if you were in love with a vampire but your best friend was in love with you...he would eaither just give up or keep fighting the best way he could..the way jacob did. I think everything he did was totally rational...
and guess what...

BELLA DOES LOVE JACOB.

I agree she doesn't love him as much as she loves Edward, but come on...that freaking pulls the heart strings do you not agree.? Haven't any of you been in love before???

I say, whatever happens, happens.. and BTW stephenie meyer already knew the ending when she started writing twilight didn't she? she had already wrote that one book for her sister or whoever...which was basically Twilight, New moon, Eclipse and breaking dawn all in one...so she knew the ending long ago...so basically what im saying...just wait..you may be pleasently surprise...because if I were stephenie meyer...I would be saying to myself everynight...

"Hehehee...they just can't wait to see what happens...well guess what kids, I knew what was going to happen from day one so buckle up, you're in for one hell of a ride."

twisted  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces