Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Bored, Inspiration?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shmarty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:21 pm
Hello! I have playing sims for quite some time, and just recently I seem to have lost intrest in it. Don't get me wrong, I think I will alwats love my sims game heart I just haven't really been having fun playing it. I know this happens to a lot of other sim users, and they find ways to re-intrest themselves in it.

Any ideas? Please, and thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:20 am
Hmmm... you could try making a new hood with a theme? Here's a medieval themed one that I love reading about.

But then here is another inspirational small hood that is just beautiful! I wish I could do something like that, and I probably will one day. This site in particular will be closing up after the end of the month though. sad Sad because it was always so inspiring.

That's another tip, try looking up other sim blogs to inspire you.

You could also try different challenges. There are shorter ones out there than the legacy challenge.

That's all I can think of right now. Putting the game down for a while and doing something else might not be a bad idea either. You might pick up a book and it might inspire you to try something new.

Like I just read The Foundation by Isaac Asimov for the second time, and it made me want to make a hood inspired by that. It won't be the same thing, may not even be in the future, but I'm taking cues from the story. blaugh  

Banana-nana

kaiser321

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:17 am
what about a romeo and juliet themed neighborhood? i know that it lacks originality, but you could do it with your own characters. or even with characters from games or tv shows. (like i have the akatsuki from naruto, and Organization XIII from kingdom hearts 2)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:37 pm
I was thinking about doing the legacy challenge but it has SOOO many rules, and I wouldn't be aloud to us cheats! No cheats? No thanks you, lol. Thanks for trying to help guys, I think I might just put my game away for a while.
Don't worry! I'm sure I'll still be lurking around this guild. xp  

shmarty

Emme Meow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:26 pm
Maybe you could make people from your favorite TV shows and bands as Sims! I dunno; usually works for me, though I can never get them to look right. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Most every sim addict knows that the addiction comes and goes. whee You can play for months on end without getting bored or several weeks. But most of us all know that eventually you''ll come to miss the game and want to work on whatever project you were doing at the time you took you Sims break. XD

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

SunnShinne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:49 am
Eeee! *Tackle huggs Hae* 4laugh I didn't know you were here!

I go through that too! I get so addicted with sims that I'll play it for days... even weeks straight... then suddenly I'll be bored for with it and not play it for weeks/months. I think that's something every simmer goes through. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:22 am
SunnShinne
Eeee! *Tackle huggs Hae* 4laugh I didn't know you were here!

::Returns the tacklehugs.:: ninja

I found that another way to become unbored with the sims is to put your current family on the shelf and just make another one OR move a sims out and start a family of their own. whee  

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items