Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Dark-Hunter themed tote-bag [Warning: image obese]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:30 am
Gasp! I live again! And I return from the dead with my latest sewing project! Click the thumbnails for the full-view.
Well friday I decided I needed a Dark-Hunter themed tote bag. So after digging around my fabric box I found these fabrics.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Then I cut out my pattern pieces. (Pattern found here ). Then I took a break to buy some fusible interfacing and get an idea of how on earth I was going to get the D.H. symbols onto the bag. I found puffy paint and said "Oh what the hell. Let's try this."
(painting in progress! *points below* )
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. First draft and reference.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Close-up.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Finished double bow and arrow, progressed sun.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Close-up of Bow and arrow.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Close-up of sun.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Finished sun.

Now for the sewing progress. biggrin
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tote-bag handles.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Red side progress.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Red side finished.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Blue side progress
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Both sides finished.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Mock-up.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Blue side with ribbon trim.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Both sides with ribbon trim.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Mock-up 2. Final pinning.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Finished with blue outside. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Final close-up of sun.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Finished with red side out. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Final close-up of bow and arrow.

Well it was a lot of work, but totally worth it. heart What do you all think?
Oh for those who are wondering Dark-Hunter is a fantasy romance series by Sherrilyn Kenyon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:43 am
That is awesome. It looks great.  

Aki Yasu

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:09 am
Thank you. I'm really happy with how it turned out. x3
I plan on getting some action shots soon. x3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:19 pm
Goodness Me! I just discovered the Dark-Hunter books and am avidly going through them heart What a devine project!

GrousyMousie

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:53 pm
Grousy
That series is absolutely full of all kinds of win. I'm on the last book in the series, well last one until Acheron comes out in August. *squeals* Can't wait to get my hands on it!
I actually made this bag to tote around Acheron. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:56 am
I have all of the books, just need the time to read them. My best girl friend is reading them after me so we can drool at the same time about the same ::sigh:: hunks! Love you bags! they are BEE-U-TEE-FUL! 3nodding  

GrousyMousie

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff