[PRP] Raindrops keep fallin' on my head [FINISHED] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:37 am
User Image

It was another beautiful day in the Nchi'mahadhi lands. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and once again Sononeka was in a foul mood. His mother and two siblings had just left on a little rhythm-hunting trip. Of course his mother had begged for him to go, but he refused over and over again until his mother just gave up and left. She would most likely try again next time, like she had done every other time previously.

Sononeka just wasn't cut out for life in this Pride. There were times he thought that he wasn't cut out for life in general. His attitude was just so different to those of his siblings, and all other Pride members he had met. Where others were happy, he was sad. Where others were excited, he was withdrawn. There was no reason for this, it was just how he was.

With a small sigh, the miserable juvenile exited the family den and made his way over to a shady spot underneath a tree. From there, he could look out over most of the surrounding area. And of course, he could look out for storms on the horizon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:53 am
Her wings fluttered gently as the lightly coloured blue Goddess glided through the skies. Her wings looked more crystalline and were definately different to most gods. She suddenly felt a small twinge of sadness, and as she was already coming to the end of her flight, she landed and straightened up. Her blue eyes widened inquisitively as she spotted a pink grey and turqouise figure in the shade. Her voice was soft and sweet. "Hello?..." She suddenly felt self concious. He was a mortal and she was standing here a Goddess, blindingly obvious, it was too late to disguise herself now, and besides, he'd probably seen her flying. "Err.." She drew a little closer to the figure.  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:12 am
Sononeka hadn't actually spotted the Goddess until she landed not far from him. His pale pink eyes widened as he looked at her. She was very dainty-looking, and could've easily been mistaken for a lioness had it not been for her beautiful blue wings.

The grey juvenile didn't know quite what to do. Although he was miserable, he wasn't without manners, and so he quickly stood up and bowed his head politely. As he moved, the beaded blue bracelet around his right paw jingled delicately. "Hello."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 pm
She really should learn to be more careful, only she was taken aback by his manners, and bowed her own head slightly, the glinting beads falling over her ears momentarily. She decided she should be gentle with the juvenile, she sincerely hoped that her appearance hadn't freaked him out. She noticed his jewelery as he moved, and couldn't help but think it looked like dark rain droplets, falling from his teal tipped paws. "I'm Nyesha'Densi." She introduced herself, "But you can call me Nyesha, Or Nye, if you'd like." She spoke softly, blue eyes widened.  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:23 am
"Nyesha." He repeated her name in a rather dreamy voice. The juvenile was simply blown away by her, as she was the most beautiful and amazing creature he had ever seen in his entire life. He could happily stare at her in silence for the rest of the day, but he was quite sure that that wouldn't do. "My name is Sononeka." He managed a small smile, which was very rare for him. "My mother sometimes calls me Neka."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:02 am
"Neka." She repeated with a smile. It was short, simple and began with an N, much like her own, well, her nickname anyway. She wanted to ask where the youngsters mother was, but realised he wasn't one of the younger cubs, and didn't want to embarress him. Instead she took a good look around her and frowned gently, she hadn't been here before. Turning her kind blue eyes to the teal and gray juvenile she directed her question. "Excuse me, but where am I?"  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:39 am
Sononeka blinked in awe as the Goddess asked him a question, as if being asked a question by the Goddess was the most shocking and humbling experience he had ever had. "You are in the pride lands of the Nchi'mahadhi. The Nchi'mahadhi is a pride in which all the rhythms of the Earth are celebrated. Each member needs to find their own rhythm throughout their life, and then live by that rhythm when they do." The grey juvenile stopped, worried that he was boring the Goddess.

"You've probably been to much more exciting places than this one." He muttered, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. As much as he was impressed by the Goddess, talking about his Pride always got him down, as he had no idea where to even start in the search for his rhythm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:39 am
"Oh." She said simply, but not in a dissapointing tone. Infact the pride seemed rather interesting. Naively, she didn't pick up on the juveniles sarcasm and smiled. "Have you found your rhythm, then?" She realised this was perhaps a little probing of her, so she added: "If you don't mind me asking, of course." Wings were an incredible gift, as well as paws, and it was using these that she encountered strange and unusual lands and prides . It was certainly a pleasure.  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 am
At the Goddess' question, Sononeka shook his head solemnly. "No, not yet. To be honest though, I haven't really started searching for it." This wasn't quite true, as there was a particular occurance in nature that soothed him whenever it visited the lands. Rain. Rain would most likely be the source of his rhythm one day, but until he acknowledged that, he would have to keep looking. Or rather, just not looking at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:39 am
"Well, there is rhythm in everything, wherever you look." Nyesha found rhythm within her life, and even within her powers. The beating pulse of the rain was all that kept her calm sometimes. She wondered if she could help Sononeka, and if she could think of a source of rhythm for him?... Then the idea came to her. She cocked her head gently, blue eyes sliding to view the salmon and grey youngster. "What about rain?" She asked, coyly, her gentle voice chiming.

She could definately help him there.

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:15 am
At the mention of rain, he couldn't help but smile. "I love the rain." He replied softly, before looking out over the horizon. "I remember the first time I experienced the rain as a cub. It was wonderful."

He could remember it as if it was yesterday. His sister hadn't liked it very much, and his brother was the first to run outside and play in it. Sononeka had been the one that simply stood there and observed it for a while, before going out to experience it for himself. "I loved how the rain felt on my back, and how the mud felt underneath my paws. It was just great."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:06 am
Nye smiled. She knew how the male felt, as it was what she felt everytime she experienced that rain too. It was something sometimes so overlooked, but so necessary, and so calming. Was it vain of her to think that?

She looked into the juveniles grey eyes and slowly closed her own. The rain glimmered in the clouds above and fell to patter gently on her body and on the ground. It was a symphony of its own, a movement to touch the soul, and the cold wet feeling it caused physically, contrasted to the wonderful warm feeling it caused inside her. She opened her eyes, to see that the rain had barely reached any further than a radius of a few metres outside her body, and said simply; "I love the rain, too."  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:39 pm
Sononeka blinked multiple times as he looked from the Goddess to the sky and then back again. He could definatly see rain falling, but it seemed to only be falling on the Goddess, as if she was controlling it. The grey juvenile wasn't stupid, so it didn't take long for him to put two and two together.

"You're the Goddess of Rain, aren't you?" Sononeka couldn't help but get excited at the possibility that he was stood in front of the Goddess of Rain. Yes, it was an honour to meet any Goddess, but if he were to choose one to actually worship, it would be this one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:17 pm
"Yes." She said simply. Whilst she was incredibly proud of her domain, she did not want to seem vain, and certainly did not want to impose the idea that she was superior to the male. And so, the rain drizzled away against her curling fur as she smiled a little sheepishly at Sononeka. "I just thought, p-perhaps I could help with your little quest, as I have found so much in the rain, I thought perhaps you could too."  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:42 pm
At this point, Sononeka began to wonder if he was dreaming. Was the Goddess of Rain really trying to help him find his rhythm? It all just seemed too good to be true, but at the same time, he was sure that it was real.

As the rain pitter pattered on the ground, he listened closely to it. His eyes slowly began to close as he concentrated harder and harder. Eventually, all he could hear was the sound of the rain and his own steady breathing. And that's when he heard it. A unique series of beats, one after the other. After only hearing it once, he repeated it over and over in his head until it was committed to memory.

It was his rhythm. Or at least, he thought it was. When he opened his eyes, he stared at the Goddess, looking shocked all over again. "I think I found it."

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff