Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Books. Manga. Harry Potter. Etc.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kireinichi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:59 pm
Yeah i'm not obsessed with harry potter but i can count people i know and i'd run out of fingers and toes. because they're all my friends......-.-' but i do like mysteries, classics, and SOME teenage novels (Like the Uglies series)

So lets rant about books, because don't some of us nerds sometimes are called bookworms.

I personally don't like to read unless its not required......or its Manga ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:13 am

Harry Potter!

Manga!

Har har har.

WH0RECRUX

hitomi100

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:05 pm
weee I´m a geek too XD
I love manga and anime
Nana rocks!!!!!! heart
my favorite anime is Rurouni Kenshin but I´ve seen many many animes
I also like to read classics
my favorite writer is Leon Tolstoi
and my favorite mangaka is Ai Yazawa
I also like many other writers and mangakas
anyways is nice to find a place to chare with people like me
hope to make lots of friends n.n

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:44 am
Twilight Serise! Squee!  

wildangelkuri

6,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Cons heart

Fashionable Genius

7,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:09 am
I heart the harry potter series, the inheritance cycle, the out of time books, the princess bride, Sunshine (or anything by robin mckinley)...i could probably go on all day but i wont.

As for manga i heart case closed, magical x miracle, alice 19th, hana-kimi, vampire knight, her majesty's dog, descendants of darkness. and DN Angel

biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:10 pm
I'm a total bookworm. Right now I am borrowing 3 books from my friends... And one of them was asking about if I wanted to borrow yet another book... They all know how much I like to read, and are way to generous, lol
Harry Potter is good...
I'm reading the Pendragon series now, I think I'm on the 7th book
I go for fiction, mostly
fantasy, adveture, stuff like that. I rarely go for romance, but I do like the Twilight series
Manga... I own 2 books
Someday's Dreamers
I do like more than that tho, its just that I won the 2 books of that in a raffle. Needless to say, that made me happy!  

Jade Ruby

Shirtless Gekko

sakurei_yuma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:45 am
hai.[removed]emoticon(' heart ')

i am sakurei.most call me the bookworm.[removed]emoticon(' heart ')
when i see a book i forget to even eat or sleep.i like to read story books and fanfiction.mainly harry poter and anime [removed]emoticon(' heart ')manga.[removed]emoticon(' heart ')
life is a long voyage why stop to brood about the future when u can spend it reading books.right about now i am banned from reading books as i am in need to concentrate on studies.but oops they forgot about fanfiction [removed]emoticon(' lol ').net adult fanfiction .net so till now i am an avid reader.need to discus any stories do contact me. i might also share my experiences with u guys.afterall i have been reading them for five years.i meant the fanfictions.
[removed]emoticon(' heart ')
[removed]emoticon(' wink ')

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:28 am

Anime and manga are my passion *-*

xD

And I really like Harry Potter , well I prefer Draco ninja
And fanfictions rulz! razz  

Aome09

oOFuniPuniOo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:04 am
im not a geek or nerd (well i become one ocasionally) but im a huge fan of fiction books especially when it deals with magic or inspirational... yeah harry potter rules... im trying to complete the series i only need the last one!! the deathly hallow and after that it would be thw twilight saga...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 am
i'm not really sure if i really am a geek or nerd but i love harry potter and i love to read when i have time XD. I can't wait until the movie comes out! i can't believe they have having two movies for the last book though D=  

VaMpiREGiRl244

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:43 am
I'm currently reading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson and Northern Lights (The Golden Compass) by Phillip Pullman. They both are excellent books ^^

The former is about cryptography, back in the World War II and nowadays, and it has three protagonists with their own stories: Lawrence Pritchard Waterhouse, a World War II cryptoanalyst who works with IRL computer science eminence Alan Turing in Bletchley Park, with the task of breaking Axis war codes; Bobby Shaftoe, a WW2 hot-headed US Marine who was wounded in Guadalcanal and was transferred to the communication corps commanded by Bletchley Park; and Randy Lawrence Waterhouse, who is seeking a deal to establish a data security corporation in the Phillipines.

The latter, meanwhile, is about fantasy. Lyra is a 10-year-old orphan who was adopted by the academics from Jordan College in Oxford. After thwarting a murder attempt from the headmaster against his uncle Lord Asriel, she finds out some kids are going missing. So she goes out to find them, including her BFF Roger. But it seems like the Church and many other people are involved in all this. You're not going to like it if you're Christian because it turns the Church over its head, but it's definitely a great variation on steampunk fantasy ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 pm
Im pretty much a bookworm too razz , i love the harry potter series, i really dont know anyone that dosnt like harry potter surprised .

I dont like twilight, cause i feel that the series ruined vampires forever, ffs they dont sparkle when they come in contact with sunlight they burst into flames and die razz , being a movie buff, i know the rules of a vampire :p.

one series that kicks so much a** its insane is the Dragon Lance... :3, if you like reading about people kick the crap out of dragons/bad guys n stuff this series is for you. But what really stands out about this series is the characters... just awesome :3  

Craeosh

Bismark74

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:24 pm
you had me either at 'books' or 'Harry Potter.'
And twilight #@$&#xin;g sucks, yo!  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games