No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Syphirone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:38 pm
Congratulate me!! My first scam pm after a year on GAIA!! XD

Quote:
Hello, this is an auto message sent to you from the Report Team of 2008 because your account has been reported for:
attempted hacking, scamming, trolling, and life threatening

Our reports are never 100% accurate but we need to run a quick review of your account, checking the trade, and marketplace history,and all you have to do is fill this form out,

username:

password:

email address:

Usually Admins never ask for your password but for serious cases like this we have no choice.
If you fail to respond to this message 5 minutes after opening, your account can, and will be banned along with your IP address.

ATTENTION!
We are very careful and want to make sure you are safe, this is the reason this message pops up. BUT, your case is very rare, and in these cases we have no choice but for you to fill the form, It is very important you understand this.

NOTICE!
After scanning your account, if all is good and the reports are proven wrong, you will receive 100,000g from us. We would really appreciate it if you could cooperate. We have had to ban a lot of people for not complying.
Thank You.

After how long on gaia were you sent one of those??  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:41 pm
Congratulations.

I've only ever gotten one, like months ago.
But I think it's because I posted in a popular thread in the GCD or something.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Syphirone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:43 pm
mine was just random. I was on the guild when i saw a new pm and there it was sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:54 pm
Well, I accidentally fell for a Ripway link near the end of last year (I was tired and I saw a link that said something about a 5k Ninja Headband. I couldn't help myself o-o) and put my stuff in, and after I realized it was a ripway page I went over to change my password, and the day after I had been 'temporarily banned' for multiple password failures, so I knew my quick action had saved my hide there, and then since then I hadn't gotten one until yesterday (see *ahem* SCAM RANT! thread in the guild ) I hate it when it's REALLY obvious that it's a scam, though.  

XV - Shadowed Mistress

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:56 pm
lol. don't give them ideas, Areku!!! And that's lucky that you caught it quickly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:58 pm
Yeah, maybe I should cross out that part of the post xD (my mind is devious like that. I can think and act like a Hacker if i chose. I just prefer fairer ways of getting items. Like buying them out of the Cash Shop with Gaia Cash xDD )  

XV - Shadowed Mistress

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:21 pm
I got my first scam like a week after I joined. It was strange. What were they gonna take? My starter clothes? I reported them anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:48 am
I got one last week.I'll be a year old on August 19,and I think the scam PMs are funny,if you know it's fake.

Scammer
Hi. Did you see the new promotion that the mods have put up?! It is a private announcement that only staff and staff members can give out. Yes i am giving it to you!!
Just click here:
THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED AND THE LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED BY BLUE Simply sign in there and a mod/other will view when they can.

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Lady Catalina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:04 am
User Image

I got a couple of those right after I joined. Which doesn't make any sense. I didn't have anything other than crappy items.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:36 pm
what losers make this crap up my god i wanna shoot each and everyone of them dead twisted  

Lord DemiBaal

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:45 pm
at least you recognized it for being a scam, good for you. Some people lose their accounts over them...=/  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 pm
User Image
Beyond Birthday had the eyes of a shinigami since he was born.
He knew your name before you said it.
He knew the time of death of every person he met.

I think three years.
I was selling a pitchfork.
First and only xDD

...I hardly need to explain just what effect
this would have on his personality.

User Image

Beyond Betrayal

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:50 am
Congrats! xd I've gotten a scam pm just once... I don't look rich enough...

blaugh  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff