Love Life Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:11 pm
Well, I am having some issues right now and I need people to help me with it.
Rather embarrassing I must say, but I am desperate.

The Story:
Ever since freshman year I have been best friends with this girl that is one year older than me. She graduated this year. About 3-4 months ago I kinda felt like I liked her more than a best friend. Eventually I told her when we were hanging out. The casual "What do you think of us as a couple?" and she was all like well i dont want to ruin our friendship i dont know, etc. So I never got a real answer.

Well today feelings are stronger than ever I guess you can say. We hung out for about 7 hours and closer towards 6 hours into it I wanted to kiss her redface

Embarrassing thing, besides telling all of you my faithful guildies, is that i have never had my first kiss yet...

So I wanted to kiss her and risk friendship which I have no idea what would happen and I didnt know what to do..

Help?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:26 pm
well, seeing as how you already told her and she pretty much told you that she wasn't interested, kissing her will be a big mistake.
I don't know about anyone else but if a good friend of mine tells me he likes me and then tries to kiss me after I tell him that I wanted him only as a friend I would be very hurt and angry. it makes me wonder if he's really my friend if he doesn't respect the fact that I want the relationship to only be as friends.

best thing you can do right now is ask her again for a straight answer or continue spending more time with her until she starts liking you back. I'm not telling you to force your presence on her, but if you spend more time with her she'll get used to the idea of you being there for her whenever she needs someone.

>_____< good luck!  

Neiina

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:32 pm
Neiina
well, seeing as how you already told her and she pretty much told you that she wasn't interested, kissing her will be a big mistake.
I don't know about anyone else but if a good friend of mine tells me he likes me and then tries to kiss me after I tell him that I wanted him only as a friend I would be very hurt and angry. it makes me wonder if he's really my friend if he doesn't respect the fact that I want the relationship to only be as friends.

best thing you can do right now is ask her again for a straight answer or continue spending more time with her until she starts liking you back. I'm not telling you to force your presence on her, but if you spend more time with her she'll get used to the idea of you being there for her whenever she needs someone.

>_____< good luck!

yea, i dont know how much we could hang out. We talk A LOT  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:25 pm
mmhmm

Appreciate what you have with her now.
Especially since it can seem odd for a female not in high school to be linked to a male still in high school. I know you're only a year younger, but it's silly little things like that.

Is she going away for college?  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:57 pm
Just from my personal experience, I'd say don't do it. You can do what you want, but it's not really a good idea to date someone if you think of them as your best friend and vice versa.

I agree with Neiina, get a straight answer from her before you try to kiss her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:35 pm
User Image

SHUT UP AND SLEEP WITH ME.

I had to. xD

Well, I'm bad atthis kind of thing .___.

Lucky Charms Pancake
Crew

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:40 pm
have to agree with the others don't kiss her. Unless you ask her again how she feels about you. Try and find another girl to focus on, then tell so and so, see how she reacts to you liking someone else  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:24 am
I'd have to say don't do it.

If you value the time you have as friends, something like a kiss can make things awkward, or she could even stop talking to you if it upsets her enough...

These kinds of things are such a fickle subject, but... sometimes, they just don't work out the way you want them to.

So, don't do it. D:  

Lady Cres

Bloblike Cutie-Pie

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:59 am
Lucky Charms Pancake
User Image

SHUT UP AND SLEEP WITH ME.

I had to. xD

Well, I'm bad atthis kind of thing .___.

Ok :]
-walks over to the bedroom turns back, winks and goes in leaving the door open-  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:22 am
I wish I could help but I'm not really in any position to give advice sweatdrop  

Parasox v2

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:50 pm
Now, I'm not a dating expert, but I have experienced it from friends.

Now, first of all I'd ask her for a straight yes or no, just so you're on the same page. If she says no, I'd stop asking her about it. My friend keeps getting asked out by a friend of hers, and it's just caused them to not be friends. I'm sure you'd rather remain friends than not at all. 3nodding

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games