Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Skillet Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all Skillet fans, new and long time! Come join the fun! It never ends! 

Tags: Skillet, Christian, Rock, Band, Music 

Reply The Official Skillet Guild
how did you get into skillet? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whats your favorite song off of Comatose?
  Rebirthing
  The last night
  yours to hold
  Better than drugs
  Comatose
  The older i get
  Those nights
  Falling inside the black
  Say goodbye
  Whispers in the dark/ looking for angles (rans outs of rooms T_T )
View Results

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:59 pm
Okay i always have found it interesting to know how people got into the music they listen to. So i wanna know how did you awesome peoples get into Skillet?
Okays i'll start:
For me i got into them last December when i was staying with my friend Aiden and she, her mom, and sister, and of course me, were driving home from somewhere and the CD they had in had the song the last night and i loved the song. So when i got home i looked up the song and after that i listened to tons of their music and fell in loves with em.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:15 am
hmm I first heard about Skillet by listening to a "Gamer-Radio" called Traction.
They played The Last Night and I just loved this song and so I ran and bought the album biggrin  

x6DevilDanny9x

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:18 pm
lol now thats just cool lol i wish i could have done that i didn't get comatose till last Saturday when i was at their concert in TX  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:55 pm
My friend on youtube sent me their "Whispers in the dark" video. I watched and was like, "they're cool." But, of course...too obessed with Nickelback's music, I didn't really look up any more of their songs. So...I was bored one day, and I went in my friend's stream and watched the video and I was like "oh my gosh! I like them! And the singers really hot!!" Yeah, so, I looked them up and listened to their song "The Last Night" with clips from the movie "Thirteen" and I was like... "oh my gosh! I love this song! I can't relate to it!" And I was just so happy. Now I have an...emotional connection to the song [LOS!] So...I started listening to them. I got Comatose for Christmas, Collide a week before I went to the Winter Jam and saw them, and Alien Youth about a month ago. =]] And today I just ordered Invincible, and I'm exited to get that CD! Yay. Now they're my favourite band. <333

[I love explaining how I got into them...and they are my savior. ^_^]  

WolfTeeth-x
Vice Captain

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100

xXThe KelsinatorXx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:16 am
I'd never heard of them until I heard of a concert in the same building my church is in so I decided to go since I had nothing to lose... and I fell in love. Bought the Comatose CD the same night and Collide soon after. Now I'm trying to get money so I can add more to my collection...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:25 pm
i got into skillet when i was just lookin around on youtube and found open wounds and then i listen 2 other stuff by them and liked it...so yea... lol  

kay-kay75

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:35 pm
xXThe KelsinatorXx
I'd never heard of them until I heard of a concert in the same building my church is in so I decided to go since I had nothing to lose... and I fell in love. Bought the Comatose CD the same night and Collide soon after. Now I'm trying to get money so I can add more to my collection...

thats so kool they came to your church

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 am
I was riding home with a friend of mine after a youth pool party (which was scary because he drove his Mustang VERY fast and he was in a bad wreck a few years ago and still has scars. eek ) and he had Comatose Deluxe Edition in the CD player. So I haven't been a fan long and have yet to get a cd of theirs, but they're still awesome.  

stickyfeet

Mercedes_88

1,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:25 pm
well all I remember is hearing one of their songs on the radio, and the first song I ever heard by Skillet is "The Older I Get" and I liked it after a while, so I eventually looked the band up and began to love them smile heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 am
i saw them at winter jam in norfolk virginia and i fell in love with them  

vampire of forks

Sayruhh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:46 pm
I got into skillet when i was at a even in Minneapolis, MN called Acquire the Fire. it was my first year and they performed there. it was actually really awesome, even though i don't remember any of the songs they played there, i remember i really liked them, so i came home and looked them up, and here i am! haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:24 am
i went to Yasashi Bushie's house and he was playing it while we were sleeping....because we all wanted to listen to music smile razz blaugh xd  

Pyro-Skull-Kid

High-functioning Smoker

6,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:15 pm
Ok, so this is how I got into them. I haven't heard another story like mine.

I was in 10th grade, at the end of the year, I was suicidal. A friend led me to Christ, and I started going to church. Well, I started cutting a little while later. I heard "The Last Night" and I was like "wow... this is my song." I went to Rock the Universe at the end of that summer, and saw them in concert. I fell in love with them. I bought Comatose there. I found that "Those Nights" described my friday nights, "Older I Get" described my relationship with my dad. Later on I got Collide from a friend, and found that "Open Wounds" was my mom and I's relationship.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:13 pm
Wow, what an amazing story!  

ZombieKaiju
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kittehlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:16 pm
my friend got me into them then my pastor gave my Comatose  
The Official Skillet Guild