Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Why is the Dothack Series generally addicting? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azelus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:02 pm
From what I've noticed dothack in general (I.e Anime/Manga/Games) is extremely addicting. Personally I think it's because It feels like it could be real .___. Plus the plot is extremely good >___<

What do you think, And why are you addicted to it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:06 pm
I agree with you on how it is really really possible of happening.

Also .hack kinda broke the main anime stream and it gets shunned for that reason.

Also I ♥ the gayness. XD  

Tokio Kuryuu

Azelus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:42 pm
Tokio Kuryuu
I agree with you on how it is really really possible of happening.

Also .hack kinda broke the main anime stream and it gets shunned for that reason.

Also I ♥ the gayness. XD

Seriously I mean no one was going to come up with the complex idea of player and "the world" incorporated into anime/manga.

I know I love the subtext gayness as well<33333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:19 pm
I agree, I thought how it broke from the mainstream of anime/manga, a.k.a. No stupid romance comedy themes/vampires/mechs in it. Not to mention I thought it was awesome how it was spread over all sorts of mediums. For those of you out there who only understand short words, I liked how it wasn't just a video game, but also an anime, manga, novels, etc.  

Jack2634

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:24 pm
why the series is so addicting, well other than what was already said, character designs are cool, the animation smooth, the music good...oh yeah and the biggest thing: The voice overs didn't ruin the series like some other anime >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:02 pm
I think its because you need a brain to follow it.
Its not your run of the mill Anime that spoon feeds the plot to you. You need a memory and the ability to think to understand everything ;D

YesterDaysNews

_Dejiko_

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:11 am
.hack, it's like.... Moulin Rogue the movie, it's a "Like or Hate" situation.

I remember .hack//SIGN coming on Cartoon Network "Saturdays" when they first started that anime thing.

It was AWESOME @_@

I watched every damn episode! missed ONE, and was completely lost. Just like what happens if you miss an episode of "Lost"!

( But I don't watch Lost xp )

But like everyone is saying, it just is something that is completely different, and if you don't pay attention, or prefer easy to understand anime like Naruto (ew) then go watch that.

The .hack series involves intellegence and a very in-depth story line. Which goes beyond what the series is even trying to tell you, in the end after SIGN or even the games were over, all its viewers were still left with questions!

And that's why Bandai Namco has such an awesome title on their hands!

Viva la .hack 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:05 pm
For me, it wasn't just (but these are part of the reason) the voices in both r=the English and Japanese, the animation, the playability of the games, the music, or even the characters themselves.

No, it's because, when youu rally think about it, this could actually happen.  

Bane Rie

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:32 pm
yeah...the fact that it could actuall happen is what addicted me in the first place...I remember a few years ago...I finished watching SIGN a few days prior and reading the .hack timeline when there was the big NorthEast power outtage. You know, the one that pretty much disables all of New England/New York for about 24 hours...I seriously thought is was because of a big computer virus/cyber terrorism because it was the same year/ close to the same month as one of the big ones in the timeline.....my imagination got the best of me I admit  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:00 am
I agree. It's one of those series that makes you just keep asking 'why?' c:  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Puppetry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:52 pm

I like it, because I like fantasy series that aren't exactly stupid and completely irrational. I don't feel embarrassed going along with the stories, the drama is heart wrenching and the characters are appealing too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:25 am
Cause the "Final Mystery" is never sloved.

BreathLessX
Crew

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:49 am
I because it is a "near future" gaming series that uses palpable fears and concerns that are realistic with our developing technology. It is something that could happen and is not as dramatic as "the end of the world". Also, it inspires one to believe that they solve major disasters by facing fears head on.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:31 pm
i suppose because it's one of those things where 'the future is now', dunno how to describe it ^^ perhaps because it feels so real, and of course because the characters of each series are everytime very deep with lots of story for each and all that ^^ i's just addicting, i guess, some stuff just is like that ^^ mrgreen  

Xx_Mew Mew Rina_xX

Meliu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:46 pm
I fell in love with .hack because my friend showed me the .hack//legend of the twillight manga and I researched .hack so I could understand it.

As for people not liking it, It's because the animes they like aren't as awesome.

@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff