Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
So....what would you like to see in the next set of games... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which series's battle system did you like more?
  IMOQ
  G.U.
  Battle wha?
View Results

Jack2634

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:21 am
.....Assuming they have them? Heh, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up with the title. Anyway, IF, they have another set of .hack games, what would you add to them? What would you take away? Who would you like to see in them?

Personally, I'd like them to meld together the battle systems of the first two series. .hack/IMOQ's battle system really forced players to think strategically, but the action was kinda slow and not all that exciting, or in comparison to G.U. at least. G.U. was fast-paced, was better graphically, and not only let you use more weapons but made using their skills a bit easier. That's why I'd like to see a balance between the two, something that's fast-paced, but also makes you think a bit before acting,and of course it'd be awesome if we could wield more then just one type of weapon again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:32 am
I'd like to be able to customize the appearance of the character you use, even if it's just slightly, like hair color, wave symbols, character class(maybe?), outfit colors, eye color...that kind of stuff....and ridable grunties back again.....I hated steam bikes.....  

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:48 pm
Yeah, a balance between the battle systems would be nice. I know I was generally a magic user in the first games, and I never really needed to use those skills in the second game, which kind of made me sad. D:
Also, I rather liked Steam Bikes, although the way you could call Grunties in fields was really good. The character customization would be fun too, but you can't really do that if it's supposed to be based on an actual anime character. And you /could/ give Kite a different name in IMOQ, although I didn't. XD;;
Iunno, I think a mix between the two games would be great.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:40 am
I liked the IMOQ's battle system lots more than in GU >__________> GU's felt boring to me... Like some boring hack'n'slash RPG. I liked IMOQ because even though it was just hit the X button for a few hours, you could have the choice to play it more as a caster. But in GU, you're heavily encouraged to play a melee character because spell casting is incredibly slow and cumbersome, not to mention Rengeki and so forth.

If they extended the series... I hope they can figure a happy medium between the two systems. And I think a sandbox-style would be at home in .hack. It doesn't have to be like GTA or anything, and GU had a good-ish start, but things besides side-quests would be nifty. For a game that focuses heavily on character development, there isn't much to do with your party besides give them gifts. I think the freedom would really make the World feel more alive.  

Zyxa

Epitaph Orealis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:50 am
I think a mix of the IMOQ and G.U. battle systems would be great. G.U. was exciting, but all you had to do is keep pressing the X button (also known as the WIN button), whereas IMOQ required real thought and strategy.

And as Endranse said, it would be cool to customize your character; with that said, they shouldn't allow it. They wouldn't be able to include that character in anything else canon due to the complete differences apparent in the character depending on the player. You know, unless they were just ambiguous about him/her, much like they were with Revan in the Star Wars series.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:07 pm
User Image Ability to customize your character pls.

I liked G.U.'s battle system A LOT more than IMOQ's, I just wish battles were a bit more challenging, just not to the point of frustration like IMOQ.

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

haseo9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:49 am
ehh i liked GU better but i want them to add data drain like kite the energy attacks from the data drain like haseo. i also like the customize character thing but other then that i want to have the summons back i mean omg they helped me a many of boss battles.*they should also have more easter eggs in dot hack:fir those who dont know it is a hidden part of a game:

but yeah IMOQ was just ******** annoying in battles IT TOOK ME SO MANY RELOADS TO KILL SKEITH. SERIOUSLY LIKE 15 TIMES some of the normal bosses were hard as s**t and if u didnt pay attention you could easily be killed by a monster.. Inis and magus were easier though i killed them on my first try. GUs battle system was easier but that doesnt mean the battles werent hard. i seriously had to make a plan for both ovan fights i had to see what attacks do the most damage and what items to use on him. Ovan was like GUs version of fighting skeith to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 am
also um from what ive been hearing it isnt even going to be a large set of games like in IMOQ or GU they said it will either be one long in depth game or 2 games because that was one of the problems people had with GU they said each game ended too quicky or ended where they could have added more stuff too quickly and some of the stuff in there could have been put into the same game to lower the  

haseo9

Epitaph Orealis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:16 pm
haseo9
Ovan was like GUs version of fighting skeith to me.

...but the fight against Ovan was easy. Skeith took me a couple tries, but also easy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:53 pm
Epitaph Orealis
haseo9
Ovan was like GUs version of fighting skeith to me.

...but the fight against Ovan was easy. Skeith took me a couple tries, but also easy.

Seriously, it only took me three times to beat him, and the first two was because I was underleveled and didn't have the best strategy in the world.  

Jack2634

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:03 am
Different areas and character customization. ;0  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:40 am
New classes and races.
And customization; picking an outfit, eye color, skin color, all of that would be the shiz.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:47 pm
The Slate Scholar
New classes and races.
And customization; picking an outfit, eye color, skin color, all of that would be the shiz.

Indeed. surprised
I WOULD MAKE THE COOLEST MALE CHARACTER EVAR.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:05 am
I don't think there's going to be another series of games...but that doesn't stop me from wanting more.

I really....REALLY want a real version of The World. I love that the games give you the feel of playing an MMO, but I would so love to actually play in the World with my friends.  

Kyla_Ewens

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

haseo9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:29 am
well i dont know where the ******** dot hack link is right now i havent seen a new chapter since march. if that was a steady series they could make that into a game. but you know something about this guild whenever weassume something is going to be pwnage awesome it turns out to be the opposite *example dot hack triliogy* so my guess is that maybe we will be wrong and there will be another dot hack game.OOOOR maybe just maybe if it is based off of dot hack link maybe you dont have to play as tokio maybe you can decide which person you want to play as like kite,Tsukasa,or Haseo at the begining or to be able to switch which character you control in the middle of battle while the AI takes control of your other character  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff