Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I can't belive it... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:10 pm
What unbelievably stupid questions do people CONSTANTLY ask you?

For me everyone asks if my it hurt getting my snakebites or if they just hurt in general. Which to me is stupid, because if piercings were to hurt after the healing process than why would anybody get them? That and I think it's kind of rhetorical that if you were to shove a needle through your lip twice over, it would indeed, hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:17 pm
Yeah for me when I first got my nose pierced people constantly asked me if it was hard to blow my nose. I thought that was a pretty dumb question. And yeah I've been asked if my piercings hurt to get done. I was also asked an incredibly dumb question once: "you're the darkest woman I've ever met, and all I can do is ask why?". Yeah, all i could do was laugh lol. Maybe cuz I wanna be? Cuz that's who I am? I dunno, the things people come up with.  

Lady_Tenebrae

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:22 pm
Laharl Part Deux

For me everyone asks if my it hurt getting my snakebites or if they just hurt in general. Which to me is stupid, because if piercings were to hurt after the healing process than why would anybody get them? That and I think it's kind of rhetorical that if you were to shove a needle through your lip twice over, it would indeed, hurt.

i thought snakebites where a drink  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:59 pm
Hm I get asked over and over again if my tattoo hurt...hmm I wonder. A needle eneters your skin and is dragged around for 45-60 min straight with some viberation. I wonder does it hurt?

Also I get asked about my ears as I have them done 6 and 5, do they hurt? Why would you get it done that many times? Are you done?
My smart answers,
1.No they don't hurt...unless you don't like having something shoved through your ear 6 times in a row.
2.because it's fun? No getting them become addicting after a while, you sort of love to get them.
3.Nope getting them all the way up..why would I stop now?  

Nikki the Juggalette

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:38 pm
Why do you have long hair?

I used to explain to people the significance of long hair, now I just say 'Cos I like rock.'  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:33 am
I once got asked "If there's no God, who wakes you up in the morning?" xd
I just found it terribly funny in a gymnasium.
Oh and the typical goth questions and a lot of people pray for me when I answer.^_^
:  

AdrianaKitten

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:20 am
some guys once asked me if i were christian, and i said "no, im a atheist" and then they aksed about what that was.... *sigh* and i explained.

Some days after, im sitting in class and reading in "the goth bibble" (the one by kilpatrick, got it on the libary) and then they said "i though you didnt bellieve in god" ...that was probely the dumbest thing i ever heard....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:12 am
"How long does it take you to put your boots on?"

Is one I get with some frequency. Many people don't see the side zipper, so they assume I have to unlace and re-lace my knee-highs every morning to put them on.

What I find oddest about this question is how sheepish people tend to be while asking it. I always smile when people are, and I've gotten more than a few people starting the question off with a "I have a kind of, uh, personal question for you..." as though they're going to ask something serious. wink

"Why don't you wear any make-up?"

Is another I've gotten, alongside "Do you have any tattoos/why don't you have any tattoos?" and "Do you have any piercings/why don't you have any piercings?". Many people, I suspect, believe it just "goes with the territory" of goth.  

GilAskan
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:15 am
doom1000
Some days after, im sitting in class and reading in "the goth bibble" (the one by kilpatrick, got it on the libary) and then they said "i though you didnt bellieve in god" ...that was probely the dumbest thing i ever heard....

I don't think that that question is AS dumb as a person not knowing what an atheist is. The Bible is the Christian book of faith, so a book titled "The Goth Bible" could very well just be an alternate edition or translation of the Bible.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:18 am
AdrianaKitten
I once got asked "If there's no God, who wakes you up in the morning?" xd
:

you should have told them your alarm clock.  

Ayame_Rikimayu

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:29 pm
I get told this one a lot: "You know, it's ok to smile." I tend to ignore them.

I also get asked "Why do you wear so much black? Why don't you wear more color?" And I answer them because I like black and I don't want to wear more color.

One last thing, this one's my least favorite. "Are you goth or emo?" It's asked like I have to be one of the two, I can't be anything else. It pisses me off. I tend to answer "Neither." In a hostile tone and proceed to glower at them vehemently.
But it depends on the asker, if it's someone I really have to be nice to I politely answer "Neither" and not leaving any room for discussion I move on to the next topic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm
Do I really have to go into all the stupid things I'm asked on a daily basis?

I once had someone ask me if Africa and Antarctica were countries... rolleyes

I also get questions related to my gender, which can be answered pretty quickly if you just look at my chest for like a second...

The "are you goth/metalhead/rocker?" questions. The answer is staring them in the face...really now people!

Questions about my personal life, by people I don't even know. "So when did your parents divorice?" My parents aren't divorced, why does everyone think that?

I also get stupid questions related to religion, languages, and science. Once someone asked me if I "spoke Islam." How the f*** do you speak a religion??? Stupid...ignorant....people!!!! stressed
---
Once I asked someone how much their industrial bar hurt and how it was put it. (I don't know that much about peircings.) sweatdrop  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:01 pm
AEtherclaw
Laharl Part Deux

They are?! Sounds devilishly tasty! In any case snakebites are a lip piercing on either side of the mouth.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:35 pm
Laharl Part Deux
AEtherclaw
Laharl Part Deux

They are?! Sounds devilishly tasty! In any case snakebites are a lip piercing on either side of the mouth.

Eventually I will also shove a needle through my lip twice and have snake bites. *nods*  

Nikki the Juggalette

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 pm
"Are you in a band/are you a musician?"
... Well, I guess the leather jacket and wild hair would do it.

"Are you from the 80s?"  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces