Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
CPU's pissing me off.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Visara

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 pm
NOw I don't have anyone to play aginst. so I just play against the CPU's. On a good day I can consistently get to 2 lvl 9 CPU, on a bad day 1 lvl 5 owns me at my best I took on three level 9's.

anyway my point is, I like zelda's black/white costume so I don't use the teams options. So why the ******** is it that the CPU's will only KO each other when I either dodge an attack or it's something like Kyogre and it goes after everyone, but only after I'm dead.

Now I know one CPU has to target me, I'm ok with this, it's a one on one fight I want you to attack me.

two CPU's only have two targets so it's a 50/50. and thats all nice and good when all three of us are in the melee and beating the hell out of each other, but if the two of you are taking up the same space use any attack.

Three CPU's it the same problem as 2, just worce. they should have thee other targets a 33% chance if random to attack me. but no I'm stuck dispatching three non allied CPU's that won't for the love of god hit each other, ever.

No something else that is even worce than this. poke ballls. why in ******** sake do they, if possible, target me. there are three other ******** targets. just once in a while I'd love to see Staryu target a ******** computer. I actually think that iff my staryu could hit me it would.

So would someone kindly explin the first bit to me, why does every non allied CPU target me? and only me?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:11 pm
At lower difficulty levels, the CPU actually does beat the crap out of each other. That stops around 5-6.

The only reason I'd imagine why this would happen is so high-level players with their powers at maximum can test their multi-player strategies.  

Tyhoon

Psychoace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:51 am
A staryu and any other focused pokemon will only attack you if your were the closest person when the ball opened.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:23 am
the only computer that pissed me off was lvl9 bowser, he stopped me from getting a CD  

dragwarrior

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:12 pm
Tyhoon
At lower difficulty levels, the CPU actually does beat the crap out of each other. That stops around 5-6.

The only reason I'd imagine why this would happen is so high-level players with their powers at maximum can test their multi-player strategies.

Actually, if you want to "practice against computers" and intend to play agaisnt humans in the future, it's best to face level 6-7 because they will play the most like humans. Level 9s play like the pinnacle of AI (in the game at least), so they have above human reflexes in many cases.

Some people will have less trouble against the more robotic enemies since their patterns are easier to memorize.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:23 pm
and for someone u know that has a lot of experience then play against lvl9's but if u really want a good challenge play lvl9 ganon or cruel brawl  

dragwarrior

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:20 am
Playing against level 9 computers non stop to try to make yourself better makes you worse vs. human opponents since human opponents don't play that way.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:25 pm
but they r strong right? so theyll make u stronger using ur mains they dont help u get better fighting humans  

dragwarrior

Lady Visara

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:45 pm
nO i've been the furthest away from the staryu's and it still hits me, I think, I could be wrong there. but Iknow for a fact that 1's and 2's beat each other when they attack. but three and above only target me, maybe I'm just unlucky?

as for playing against 9's they each have a set way of playing, where players won't nescisarily match that and you get used to one way of fighting, and a player comes with a different one, and your lost.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:29 am
maybe staryu hits u cuz ur the only opponent in the field i like using pit's shield to block it and its hits the owner instead  

dragwarrior

Master Kin_Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:36 pm
nitnit
Tyhoon

Actually, if you want to "practice against computers" and intend to play agaisnt humans in the future, it's best to face level 6-7 because they will play the most like humans. Level 9s play like the pinnacle of AI (in the game at least), so they have above human reflexes in many cases.

Some people will have less trouble against the more robotic enemies since their patterns are easier to memorize.

I usually practice against Lv. 8 CPUs and notice they are less cheap then Lv.9s. Should I keep doing Lv.8 or go lower?  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games