Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
About Mahrams .

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:49 am

Salam Alaykum ..

Relatives who fall into the category of being mahrams are those male relatives mentioned literally in the Qur'an, in the context of explaining in front of whom women must practice hijab. Allah Almighty commands the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) to enjoin modesty upon both the believing men and the believing women as follows:

[Say tothe believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers! turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss}(An-Nur 24:30–31)

In verse 31, we note that the believing women are being given the permission to beautify themselves and to feel at ease interacting with several categories of men who qualify as their mahram. In addition to all of a Muslim woman's male blood relatives being mahram to her (her father, brother, uncles, etc.), there are also males who become mahram to her through marriage (her husband's father, her son, etc.). A Muslim woman is forbidden from marrying a man who is mahram to her. Similarly, a Muslim man, by virtue of being a mahram to women blood relatives, is forbidden from marrying his father's wife, his mother, his grandmothers, his sisters, his sister's and brother's daughters, his daughters, his granddaughters, his aunts, and even his wife's mother.

Wasalam 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:11 am
i dun get it!!

mahram is the month in Islamic calendar ??

what kind of mahram you are talking about??  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:30 am
tassan
i dun get it!!

mahram is the month in Islamic calendar ??

what kind of mahram you are talking about??

stressed stressed xd lolz ..
the month is called : Moharram
and what i am talking about is mahram , 4 exp : my uncle is a mahram so is my bro , my dad ...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:43 am
LOL. Yeap. Moharram is the month. Mahram pertains to something different. Just refer to the post of dark_sunshin. It's well-elaborated there. :]  

Shymeechan

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:58 am
ok sweatdrop

thanks to you two ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:18 pm
i was wondering why cousins are not mahram?
one of my cousins just turned 16 few months ago and i just covered my hair in front of him. he's more like a brother to me. same with some of my other guys cousins. (i'm older than them)

because of that, i rarely see them. but i think it would be ok since i have my brother by my side. (he's 13) but my old female cousin told everyone that we might do bad things. (you know what i mean) what the hell was she thinking?! we never think of doing bad things..

now don't flame me. those guys are really dear to me and i don't want to lose them. T-T  

Zaxuu

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:37 am
wearing Hijab infront of ur cousins DOESN'T mean you'r going to lose them.. the idea of the Mahrams is abot marriage ! u can talk to them , laugh , chill with the boundaries of islam !! and Islam encourage that u deal and talk and have good relationships with ur relatives so Hijab doesn't impede you from being who u are !! jst relax =P .. btw , Only Allah knows why he put our uncles , brothers , grandfathers as Mahrams and on the mean time he put our cousins as non - Mahrams ! the best thing is to Obay and listen to what allah tell us / forbid us to do without any further to do !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:02 am
Mashallah Sunshin smile That was a nice post 3nodding

But is it allowed to marry umm

example: Your mom marryes another man, and gets a daughter... Is it then allowed to marry your step daughter?  

Zaakii

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff