Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
darkslasherX's Pokemon Tournament! (Final Round) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm
darkslasherX's Pro Pokemon Tourney!

Round 2 ends on Thursday at 11:59 PM PST!
Remember to actually battle if you have a match this round...

Interested in the Wi-fi League but can't seem to get a team together? Already signed up for the Wi-fi League but need a warm-up before it starts? Not interested in the Wi-fi League at all but still like Pokemon battling? Then this tournament is for you.

Welcome to my first tournament, in which we will be competing to see whose Pokemon team comes out on top. This will be a fairly standard single elimination tournament in the Single battling style. Battles will be held over Wi-Fi with Pokemon automatically scaled to level 100 (or level 50 if both players agree on this). For those not familiar with the standard rules, here they are:

Ubers clause: You may not use any of the Pokemon on this list:
-Mewtwo
-Mew
-Wobbuffet
-Lugia
-Ho-oh
-Latias
-Latios
-Groudon
-Kyogre
-Rayquaza
-Deoxys (Deoxys-S is legal)
-Palkia
-Dialga
-Giratina
-Manaphy
-Darkrai
-Shaymin
-Arceus
Any Pokemon not listed is fair game.

OHKO clause: You cannot use the moves Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Fissure. These moves are banned for two reasons: 1. they activate somewhat randomly, and 2. they are overpowered when they end up taking out your Wobbuffet or Cresselia from full health in one hit.

Evasion Clause: You cannot use the moves Double-Team or Minimize. If you've ever had to fight against an opponent that has +6 evasion, you'd know why.

Hax Items Clause: You cannot use the items Quick Claw, Brightpowder, Focus Band, or Lax Incense. The reason is that these items activate somewhat randomly, and a lot of experienced battlers hate losing solely due to random chance.

Sleep Clause: If you put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at one time, then you automatically lose. Resting opponents do not count towards this limit. Sleep is a very powerful status ailment in a fast-moving game like Pokemon, so this clause helps limit the overwhelming power of sleep moves. Without this, Choice Scarf Spore Smeargle is pretty ubiquitous.

Species Clause: You cannot have two or more of the same Pokemon on a team. Think about a team of Tyranitar and 5 Garchomps, and how badly it would suck to have to face it.

Self KO Clause: When the last Pokemon on a player's team uses Explosion, Selfdestruct, Destiny Bond, or Perish Song and successfully defeats the opponent's last Pokemon, the user of one of these moves loses. Winning because of spamming Destiny Bond in a pinch really doesn't show much skill, and it's just as easy to spam Destiny Bond earlier in the match, so why not do that?

Participants:
1. darkslasherX
2. Michael RD
3. JONNNN
4. Deathguiser
5. Vampire Funeral
6. Chaotix Bluix
7. PhoenixBlade983
8. ravemaster47
9. NITNIT!!!!!
10. Kunx the Mighty

Round 1
Matchups were randomly determined here. They are as follows:
nitnit vs. JONNNN
darkslasherX vs. Vampire Funeral
Deathguiser vs. PhoenixBlade983
ravemaster47 vs. Kunx the Mighty
Michael RD vs. Chaotix Bluix

Round 2
I rolled my own personal dice this time rather than those fidgety electronic ones.
darkslasherX vs. Deathguiser
nitnit vs. Chaotix Bluix

Please remember to finish your battle by the deadline. Inactivity sucks.

EDIT: There will be a 5k gold prize to the winner.
edited names and a small prize. -jonnnn

EDIT: Make that 10k. I'll pitch in another 5k. -darkslasherX  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:49 pm
hey,sounds like fun cool sign me up  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:46 pm
Sign me up. This team needs testing for the wifi league, good idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:45 pm
Well i will participate.  

DJ Akito

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:01 pm
You can count on my participation. My team should be ready by that time anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:45 am
6 entries in the first day isn't bad. Also, it looks like I forgot to add Wobbuffet to the ubers list (it's there now), so be aware that it is banned in this tournament.  

darkslasherX
Crew

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:54 am
I'll sign up. I haven't played Pokemon in about a year and could use some practice.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:50 am
damn i waws hoping a new tournament wuold pop up soon. i'll join. i hoe i can get a place that has wi-fi since i'm starting school in like a week. and am moving on monday.  

ravemaster47

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:59 pm
And you have my balls. Pokeballs that is.

I still hate you all for not choosing starcraft.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:21 pm
nitnit
And you have my balls. Pokeballs that is.

I still hate you all for not choosing starcraft.
Now that you're in, it's inevitable that the noobs will all hide...  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:29 pm
No, it just means that more are going to try to join and take advantage of the fact that I haven't played in a good 5 months.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:42 pm
Don't worry, most of us haven't. I just started working with shoddy in preperation for the wifi league, just testing out team ideas. So far only one has clicked unfortunately, but whatever.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:12 am
So I guess my name is a rainbow now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:11 am
My trick room team with Deoxys-e is doing pretty amazing on shoddy right now. : D  

Jonnnn

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:43 pm
User Image
I was bored

I'll sign up.
So I got this D: User Image

Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff