Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
the forgotten subject Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

there was a silence

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:34 pm
One subject that everyone has forgotten about is: Why can't Edward read Bella's mind? And why doesn't any of the Volturi's powers work either? I hope these questions are answered in Breaking Dawn or.. maybe Midnight Sun...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:22 pm
Stephenie said some where that in Breaking Dawn it will explain it a little more or some thing like that.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:07 pm
that gives me another reason to look forward to BREAKING DAWN!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:59 pm
I've been dying to know. Everyone's been talking about the wedding, the wedding night, bella being changed, whats going to happen to Jacob... but what could Bella's power be? What could top edward's mind reading??? GAH.  

Fide et Amore

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:18 pm
yeah.. ive been curious about that too.. somehow i think her power would be either a super neutralizer or a collection of all their powers (like Peter from Heroes).
anywho, i sadly admit to have read an actual cheesy vampire romance (VERY CHEESY) (AND VERY ROMANCE-Y) where the vamps could read each others mind, but they couldnt read the mind of their soulmates... maybe its something like that...? it just occured to me now, as i was writing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:29 pm
no no, cause that guy at the volturi couldnt read bella's mind either, and he is certainly not her soul mate. XD  

fancy-painted-boats-

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:46 pm
ah... good point. in that case, im stumped razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:59 pm
Hmmm... This really is a good question.Personally I have no idea but I think it's probably going to be huge in the plot for Breaking Dawn. Man, now there's another thing to make me impatient.  

Velsaria

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:08 am
well in the Anne Rice novels, all vampires had the ability to read minds except the minds of those they turned ...not that it matters, but still.

maybe if edward turns her then he can read her mind?? eh? eh? probably not.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:35 am
I've been dying to know this through all the books...  

there was a silence

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:59 pm
Theres a wee bit about it in Eclipse and Stephenie answers it in the FAQ for New Moon.
It's because Bella has a very private, secure mind, she is safe there and no one can reach her there either.
Something like that.
But I'm hoping she'll elaborate for us more in Breaking Dawn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:34 pm
God i don't know its to hard to even get an idea out!!!! i mean i kind of agree with Edwards reason in Twilight he is on FM and shes an AM....i dont know all i kn ow is that shes safe in her mind. But like Alice and Jasper gifts work on her because its not within her mind.  

X-Freiheit93-X

there was a silence

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:54 pm
oooh yeeeaaaahh.. I remember him saying that.. hm...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:56 pm
I hope those questions are answered. btw online there is the first chapter of Midnight Sun it is so good.  

Loveholic786

lili3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:46 pm
that is definetly in my list of must-knows, i used to think maybe its because these power are effective on her but Jasper can still calm her down, so that theory is out the window. but something else i wonder is will these powers efect her after (yet) shes a vampire?? im very curious about this  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff