Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Islam , Terrorism and Media

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:41 am
Salam

Islam , Terrorism , and Media

Have you ever been called a terrorist ? Maybe not , but maybe one of your friends or family living in non-Muslim country has. It may be at school , in a public place , or in the street while he is on his road to work . However , why non-Muslims associate Islam to terrorism . In other words , is there any relation between them ? and what makes people believe in this idea and bear it in their minds ?

To clear the air , we'd better know what both Islam and terrorism mean . Islam implies peace , charity , pity , and all those sacred meanings . Moreover , this religion orders all human beings to treat each other with equality , respect , and kindness . Whereas , terrorism is a term which describes violence and harmful acts committed agaisnt civilians by groups of people for specific goals . So , is it possible to associate good with evil ? The answer , of course , is No . This means that it is impossible to relate Islam to terrorism , because they are completely different .

Last year I watched an American T.V. programme which was about religions and races . They brought eight persons who were randomly chosen from the street so as to ask them to describe five girls who were differnt in religion and race . When they came to the veiled Muslim woman , they described her as a terrorist and she may had a bomb at that moment , the girl was very shocked and about to cry . Hence , we can obviously realize that media plays an important role in tarnishing the image of this holy religion in Westerners' eyes such as American ,English , French ... because th majority of them consume all what come from the media , they are consumers not producers , that is , they do not make an effort to look for the truth.

To conclude , Islam and terrorism are not related , It is the media which is responsible for this idea of relation and association between them . In additon , Westerners should know that what is launched and published about Muslims in their coutries is false and they'd better look for the reality which is totally different from what they think of this wonderful religion .

Wa Salam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:29 am
From what I believe to have been proven by several sources, The only reason the Media says lies is to attract views to raise their income sale, So in reality the producers of News Channels don't care of what they speak of, only that their lies attract attention.

Thats really terrible on the 5 girls being described by some idiots who couldn't chew their way to an apple without thinking.

I really doubt most Muslims here in America as myself do not get called Terrorists, I've been called one since I moved to Michigan and all this Propaganda against Islam started.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 am
They do not understand!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am
but on the other hand media is what converting Muslims in Pakistan!!

yes in Pakistan there runs a program about Islam and around 100 people have been converted to Islam!!

but at the same time when i watch international channels i just get shocked over what is happening esp: when you watch tv over internet, there lies a whole new world you did not know!!  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

_rainarai_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:01 pm
tassan
but on the other hand media is what converting Muslims in Pakistan!!

yes in Pakistan there runs a program about Islam and around 100 people have been converted to Islam!!

but at the same time when i watch international channels i just get shocked over what is happening esp: when you watch tv over internet, there lies a whole new world you did not know!!

true..true surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:21 pm
it doesn't help that many people claiming to be Muslims ARE in fact, terrorists, and are suicide bombers and do terrible things to women.

I am still disgusted by the Taliban. While I may not be a woman, such inequality is terrible.

I haven't seen very many good Muslim role models that would create a rippling effect in the world.

Look at Marther Luther King Jr. He was a black man, he showed everybody that a black man can be a respectable, well-educated, God-fearing man.
He showed that skin color doesn't mean anything.

It would be nice to have something like that to show the western world, an all non-Muslims...that religion doesn't mean you are a terrorist. That Islam is something more.

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:00 am
The Dead Terrorist Achmed
it doesn't help that many people claiming to be Muslims ARE in fact, terrorists, and are suicide bombers and do terrible things to women.

I am still disgusted by the Taliban. While I may not be a woman, such inequality is terrible.

I haven't seen very many good Muslim role models that would create a rippling effect in the world.

Look at Marther Luther King Jr. He was a black man, he showed everybody that a black man can be a respectable, well-educated, God-fearing man.
He showed that skin color doesn't mean anything.

It would be nice to have something like that to show the western world, an all non-Muslims...that religion doesn't mean you are a terrorist. That Islam is something more.

i believe you!!

and there is a program i told you i wish if he does that!!

but i guess we won't be able to prove it unless we become one!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:27 am
Yeah, that whole stereotyping this is getting out of control now. My cousins name is Muhammad and he was questioned for two hours before going over the Canadian border to the United States.
I hate the minds behind 9/11, even though they are muslim brothers. They have created this name for us and killed themselves.. and now we live with discrimination. confused ugh. I would think all discrimination was done by the 1960s or so.  

[Kryptonite]

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:33 am
[Kryptonite]
Yeah, that whole stereotyping this is getting out of control now. My cousins name is Muhammad and he was questioned for two hours before going over the Canadian border to the United States.
I hate the minds behind 9/11, even though they are muslim brothers. They have created this name for us and killed themselves.. and now we live with discrimination. confused ugh. I would think all discrimination was done by the 1960s or so.
discrimination is a continuous event and EVERYONE is guilty of it, not just ill-informed people in western countries. Muslims, Christians, black white, brown, whatever. Discrimination is a fact of life and part of human nature. Some are are worse than others, but it will never cease to exist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:33 pm
Somewhat off topic but...

...if American and other western media wants to get on the ball, they need to read some Esposito.

For those who don't know, John L. Esposito (Ph.D.) is a professor at Georgetown who is without a doubt the foremost expert in the western world about the Middle East and Islam. His books clear up a lot of misconceptions (and helped me write my FAQ), and I just got his latest one called ""Who Speaks for Islam?", a huge collection of surveys and studies that show the west how Muslims really think and feel. Well off to read it. xp  

Maha the Wizard

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:42 am
Who's the terrorist, and who is the peasefighter? Taliban ore atackers?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:57 pm
Zaaki

Well people do bring up terrorist versus freedom fighter a lot. I think it is easy to tell. Freedom fighters don't kill innocent women and children; terrorists do. I know accidents can happen, but terrorists purposefully target innocents...even the people they claim to be protecting!

Think about Iraq. You have all the militias that, once their voice is listened to, join in on rebuilding. Those are freedom fighters. Then you get punks who blow up bombs in crowded markets and assassinate children (I'm looking at you Al Qaeda). Those are terrorists.  

Maha the Wizard

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:06 pm
Zaaki

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Taliban should be included under the terrorism umbrella. stare

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces