Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
August 08 Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:58 pm
User Image
Volume 4, Issue 8
On the cover: Yuki and Zero from Vampire Knight

Inside:
Preview: Mixed Vegetables by: Ayumi Komura
Preview: Wanted by: Matsuri Hino
Normal chapters of Sand Chronicles, Crimson Hero, honey and clover (2 chapters), Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time, and Vampire Knight
Last chapter of Gaba Kawa
Manga Spotlight on loveā˜…com
Normal Hot List/Get This Look/High Style, Low Budget/Beat Box/Letters/Fan Art/Streen Seen/Horoscope
DIY: Tofu
Cooking: Recipes from Kyotofu
"Gourmet Manga:" manga about food/cooking
"Inside Japanese Food"
"Japan's Power Foods"
How To Draw with Yuu Watase

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:25 pm
Oh my gosh! I immeaditaely read it as soon as I got it. I loved the preview of Wanted Right Now Vampire Knight is defintely my favorite series right now. smile  

Luna Vampire Yuki

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:02 pm
Luna Vampire Yuki
Oh my gosh! I immeaditaely read it as soon as I got it. I loved the preview of Wanted Right Now Vampire Knight is defintely my favorite series right now. smile

lol. I did too!! x]

I adore Wanted! I've read it all online (or at least, I think it was all of it...) and it's really good. The ending isn't great, but it could be worse.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 am
Wait a sec, is it all in one volume?  

Luna Vampire Yuki

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:31 pm
Luna Vampire Yuki
Wait a sec, is it all in one volume?

Yup, it's just a oneshot volume. It's only four chapters, so I'm not sure if something else is included at the end or not...if not, it's probably a very short volume.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:59 am
I only found three chapters, where can you find the fourth?  

Luna Vampire Yuki

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:44 pm
I loved the previews this month!!!!! Mixed Vegetables actually looks really interesting and the art was cute too. ^-^ and I can't wait to try the recipes from this issue too. But the ending to Gaba Kawa disappointed me a little.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:48 am
Wanted and Mixed Vegetables were both really cute! Gaba Kawa's ending wasn't my favorite, but it could have been worse. Do you know what they are replacing it with?  

Pandaccino

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:54 pm
Luna Vampire Yuki
I only found three chapters, where can you find the fourth?

ah...sorry, I was being spastic, there are only three chapters. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:35 pm
Why are you talking about illegal scans in the "official" SB forum? Especially after it's been published in the US?

I don't know why people feel the need to keep posting sh*t like "OH, I IZ SO COOL I READ IT ONLINE ALREADY!!!"

Support the mangaka, and think about what it means to be a forum moderator.  

hana2111

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 pm
Wanted doesn't come out until the September 2nd, and I can guarantee that I will be one of the first people to buy it, because I know that I love it so much, seeing as I've already read it.
Just because I read things online, doesn't mean that I don't support the mangaka; on the contrary, I buy almost everything I read online. And when I say "almost," that's only because I only have so much money. I refuse to overdraw my bank account on account of anything (it's plain ridiculous). There is a limit to how much a person can spend on anything.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:35 pm
im sorta the same, i read things online sometimes, but i almost always buy it too.  

Pandaccino

Sakura-yuko

900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:41 pm
OMG, i want to read that issue but i haven't been able to find it in the library yet.  
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games