Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
WiiWare Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 pm
I just downloaded LostWinds and it's amazing.

Has anyone played it yet, or any other wiiware titles? I heard Defend Your Castle is pretty lame.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:20 pm
I looked at a video on the Nintendo channel about "LostWinds" and I was impressed enough with what I found at least to a point which I would say the same.

I got "My Pokemon Ranch" not too long ago as a way to store additional pokemon off of my DS, but to say the least I had a interesting experience. While things started off small, I found the game to be pretty amusing, even if it was still quite limiting at the time. Otherwise it was not easy holding the same view as the number of deposited pokemon expanded, even though more things became available and the game was less restricting.
If I wasn't needing the space so much or was just new to pokemon, I probably would found the game quite amusing for a good period of time. That however would require that I was also into taking pictures of my pokemon during cute or entertaining moments.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:43 pm
Dang, I haven't played my wii in ages... I'm also not really a fan of those downloadable games since I usually play them for a day and never touch them again.

I do want to try Pokemon Ranch but I'd also probably only play that once.

FFCC My Life As King (or something) looks good and a friend of mine said it's really fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:52 pm
Pay Per Cuts
I do want to try Pokemon Ranch but I'd also probably only play that once.

Well, I can post some pictures from the game to show what I mean, but that probably would take me a day to get a good selection.

Pay Per Cuts
FFCC My Life As King (or something) looks good and a friend of mine said it's really fun.

I've heard some good things as well, but I'm a little hesitant to get it since it might be like sim city, just with a Final Fantasy twist and you might have to pay to play (beyond the initial download I mean) or just pay for more content. sweatdrop  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:13 am
Lost Winds is a phenominal game and a marvelous experience...as a gamer; as a spectator, the relaxing music and art style can litterally put you to sleep; my dad and my brother passed out on the couch after about 30 minutes.

Final Fantasy CC: My Life as King is a fun game, but it plays like a dumbed-down version of the sims, so if you don't like city-management it's definetly not your type of game. Going all-in at $31, (bought at US launch), gets you the other races from FFCC, a few additional quests, early access to some buildings, and a new outfit for you and Chime. The game is more than playable at it's initial state, and some, but not all perks can be mitigated with smart city management.

My Pokemon Ranch is a great time sink, much like a fishbowl. Watching your pokemon behave rather badly is kinda fun and some moments are worth taking a picture of, like when a Staraptor grabs a Whiskash and flies off with it, or when a male hippopotas jumps on a female to "go for a ride." Plus the insentive to catch pokemon to get a Hypnosis Mew increases the games life from about a week to however long it takes you to fill up the ranch.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:04 pm
I've purchased Dr.Mario ,I haven't played the previous game but i figured it will be like any other block game or even like my favorite one Dr.Robotnicks Mean Bean machine.Anyways, long story short the game's learning curve ,even after tutorials, is pretty steep and it takes a while just to get decent at the game, online play is nice with selectable phrases you can shout out to people in the beginning and ends of matches ,however, if you just started the game without prior experience or just half way decent at the game prepare to get owned pretty hard most of the time,usually like your first 10 tries or so.All in all it's just one of those games you have to have patience for and get used to sweatdrop  

I Kero I

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

Ten of Hearts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:08 pm
I'm looking forward to that game based on home star runner coming out on wiiware.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:40 pm
Wiiware sounds almost as dumb as xbox live arcade so far.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:59 pm
xbox live arcade is pretty fun, downloadable classic arcade games with revamped graphics is awesome, and theres tons of choices. If you want to bash a systems downloadable content, I would go with the PS3- although you can download classic PS1/PS2 games, maybe even PSP games, but I'm not sure. I haven't tried wiiware, but from what I hear its great.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:02 pm
PS3 has downloadable content? lol.

Meh, I've become a mostly PC gamer. So much better. If you have a good system you get better graphics, full customization, better online play, etc.etc.etc.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:47 pm
PC doesn't have as many games as you could get from systems, but it has more of those games that take a lot of time and keep you interested for quite a while. I go for systems for 2 reasons:

1: I like the games. I have been into video games since I was 5, granted I sucked, and I still keep up with my favorite titles and new promising games.

2: I haven't got the best PC, its good, but not up to high video game graphics quality. I should probably invest in a good gaming computer. Any reccomendations?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:10 pm
Deathguiser
PC doesn't have as many games as you could get from systems

I hate to sound rude, but to be blunt, this is where I laughed. Really... if we went with just software CDs alone, there would probably more than all game systems combined, this isn't even including ancient floppy disk and text based games. In addition there are thousands of games online (either flash/web browser, or download and play) available.

You're probably just going by the selection that most video game stores have, which is just the most recent PC games, where that same game store might have almost every PS2 game ever made.. so it can be deceiving.

Now, in recent generations we are seeing a lot of console exclusives, this is for 2 reasons.

1. Consoles need a selling point. For example, when Mario is only on the Gamecube/Wii or whatever, you'll have to go buy a nintendo system to play Mario. Honestly, right now, I don't really want to buy a 360. Why? The only games I'd really want to play on it currently (Mass Effect, Oblivion, maybe a couple others) are mostly already on the PC. Maybe if Street Fighter 4, Soul Calibur 3, Fable 2, and a few others end up actually being really good and 360/PS3/not on PC (and I won't waste any money on PS3), I'd pick up a 360.

2. Piracy. PC games are a lot easier to pirate than console games. (Though with skill and the right tech you can easily pirate console games too...)

Besides, most games on the console are also released on the PC some time after being on a console (or at the same time). Also, for first person shooters, a good computer set up will ALWAYS > a console. Why? Simply put, keyboard + mouse > controller for shooters.

I'll agree that for something like a fighting game or platformer that controller is nicer, but just look at how immensely popular Doom, Counter Strike, Half Life/TF, and Unreal are. They are all much much better on the PC than their console counterparts. You can argue that halo breaks this trend, but honestly, while Halo is very fun, those other games are much more technically better in terms of shooting thanks to the PC's superiority. (Hence the reason why Halo PC > Halo 1)

Also, Deathguiser, if you don't build your own computer, technically AlienWare, while being very pricey is custom made for games. Personally I inherited my dad's 'old' (lol) Dell Inspirion 6400 Laptop, 2gigs RAM, some decent video card (might upgrade that), and it plays most games perfectly fine (Doom 3 works fine on most settings, on the highest it gets a little laggy, but if I close everything else out first it can work)  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:14 pm
I was talking regular softwar games of today. Not ancient floppy ones or anything, the ones that you would still be able to find in a store like bestbuy. In that scenario, there are more System games IMO.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:16 pm
Yes, I will admit that if you combine Wii+360+PS3 titles there is more being released compared to new high end PC games. However, I ask what games are being released exclusively for each console that I cannot get on the PC that are truly worth buying? I'll admit we might have differing opinions, but im curious.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:30 pm
Soul Calibur IV, Street Fighter IV, metal gear Solid 4, Ninja Gaiden 1-2-sigma, Lost Odyssey, Devil May Cry 3-4, Final Fantasy series, Killzone 2 (I don't think his comes out for PC) things such as this. Theres a lot more, those are just off the top of my head games that were really good or will be really good. Also, keep in mind that you have to wait longer for no exclusive PC games to come out. Like I remember gears of war came out much later than its Xbox 360 counterpart.  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff