Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Captive Hearts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:29 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:30 am
Story

An earlier work by Vampire Knight manga-ka Matsuri Hino, Captive Hearts is about Megumi, a carefree guy living a life of luxury. Then one day, he meets a girl named Suzuka Kogami and finds himself kneeling at her feet like a servant. Megumi discovers that he, along with the rest of his family are cursed, and must follow the orders of the Kogami family.

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:31 am
Creator

A former bookstore shopkeeper, Matsuri Hino burst onto the manga scene with her title Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), which was published in LaLa DX magazine. Hino became a manga artist a mere nine months after she decided to become one.

With the success of her popular series Toraware no Minoue (Captive Hearts), and MeruPuri, Hino has established herself as a major player in the world of shojo manga. Her new title, Vampire Knight, currently runs in monthly LaLa magazine.

Hino enjoys creative activities, and has commented that she would have been either an architect or an apprentice to traditional Japanese craft masters if she did not become a manga artist.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:32 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 5 volumes
Status in US :: 5/5 released

User Image
Volume 1
Being carried around everywhere and having handsome Megumi act like a slave may seem ideal, but Suzuka just wishes he would stop. Can anything be done about Megumi's captive state? Or is Megumi doomed to see Suzuka as his master...forever?

User Image
Volume 2
Megumi decides he wants to become a formal servant of the Kogami family so he can be worthy of Suzuka's love. But when wealthy heir Hiryu arrives to claim Suzuka as his bride, can Megumi even compete?

User Image
Volume 3
Megumi sets out to China to find a cure for his curse, but it appears that even his health worsens if he is away from his master. Meanwhile, a maid in the Kogami household swears to make Megumi hers!

User Image
Volume 4
Suzuka becomes steeped in jealousy when she observes Megumi's interactions with Rui, the maid. But with the curse in the way, can Suzuka ever hope to have a normal relationship with Megumi?

User Image
Volume 5
Convinced that finding the jewel of the Dragon God will release the Kuroishi family from their curse, Megumi and Suzuka travel to China together. But even if they succeed in their mission, can Megumi ever truly be free from Suzuka?

kel aka gandy
Captain

babyteiz

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:20 pm
I've only read volume 1!
Volumes 2-5 look so good!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:47 pm
I loved this series!!! smile I wish there was more than five volumes tho...  

Luna Vampire Yuki

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:49 pm
^
I agree...it was kinda short, but still really good!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:42 pm
I love Captive Hearts! The series captive my heart!  

Ayumu02

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm
I got this series for $4 a piece when Borders was going out of business. I dunno...it's cute, and I LOVED the manservant fits, but, as far as love stories go, it's kind of weak. I don't doubt that Suzuka has feelings for Megumi, but I think the curse distorted his view of her, and, to me, that's not romantic...just...sad '~'

That's one reader's opinion, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:43 pm
I liked it a lot until like...the last volume. It was just not good then. :/ I do agree that the relationship is a very strange one, but I think it was changing from a servant/master one to more of an equal relationship, but it definitely wasn't quite there yet, and it ended on a bit of a sour note for me.  

kel aka gandy
Captain

non8noninfinite

1,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:27 pm
I'd love to read it. (I read only about first 2 or 3 chapters) I sorta don't want to read it online but I don't want to purchase it because I don't think it's worth (to me).
If only there was some library I could borrow it from~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:21 pm
Yeah, the last volume was really...weird... 0_o

I realize Hino was trying to wrap everything up, and she probably didn't have as much space to do it as she wanted, but there was no reason to bring in the random villagers who turned into animals. That made no sense to me. It didn't fit the feel of the rest of the series.

And yeah, it's not really worth buying sweatdrop

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games