Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Mixed Vegetables Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:18 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:19 am
Story

Hanayu Ashitaba is the daughter of the celebrated Patissier Ashitaba, but all she wants to do is be a sushi chef. Hayato Hyuga is the son of the prestigious Sushi Hyuga, and all he wants to do is be a pastry chef! It's love and leftovers at Oikawa High School Cooking Department as these star-crossed gourmands do their best to reach their cuisine dreams!

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:20 am
Creator

Ayumi Komura was born in Kagoshima Prefecture. Her previous title is Hybrid Berry, about a high school girl who ends up posing as a boy on her school's baseball team.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:21 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 8 volumes
Status in US :: 8/8 released

User Image
Volume 1
Hanayu knows that it will break her parents' hearts if she defects from the bakery to become a sushi chef. But if she marries into a sushi family, they'll have to understand her decision. Now she just has to get Hayato Hyuga interested in her, and what better way than to wow him with her cooking skills?!

User Image
Volume 2
Hanayu thinks her plan to marry into Hayato's sushi family is off to a good start--they're already going on a date! But when it turns out that Hayato has similar plans to marry Hanayu for her family patisserie, the date ends abruptly. Can Hanayu figure out what went wrong before her chance at romance, her sushi dreams, and a good grade on the cake project go out the window?

User Image
Volume 3
Hanayu's ecstatic when she's offered the chance to train at Sushi Hyuga, but first she must seek approval from her father. Fat chance! Their argument escalates until the whole family's feeling hurt. Hayato, who came along to offer moral support, saves the day by sharing a moment with Hanayu's father over their mutual love of pastry making. As the family drama subsides, Hanayu starts to feel something else tugging at her heart--her growing feelings for Hayato!

User Image
Volume 4
Hanayu's finally on her way to becoming a sushi chef...but first she must master the difficult art of radish-peeling. Hayato promises that when Hanayu learns how to peel like a pro, he'll reveal the true reason that his heart belongs to pastries--but the easily frustrated Hanayu has her work cut out for her! Back at school it's a double-batch of romance when the two aspiring chefs discover that Matsuzaka, their enigmatic cooking instructor, has a secret admirer...

User Image
Volume 5
Hayato and Hanayu learn that blood is thicker than water, even in the kitchen. First, Hayato tries to explain to a heartbroken Hanayu why a commitment he made to his ailing grandfather may jeopardize his dream of making pastries for a living. Then Hanayu learns about self-sacrifice firsthand when Patisserie Ashitaba is offered a high-profile pastry project the night before her big exam. Are her sushi dreams more important than keeping the family business afloat?

User Image
Volume 6
Hanayu's torn between working at her family's bakery, helping out at Sushi Hyuga, and keeping up with school. Something's gotta give, and when her grades start to fall she considers stopping sushi altogether. Hayato makes a romantic (and reckless) gesture to keep her at Sushi Hyuga... But he soon finds out that a past Patisserie Ashitaba assistant is back in the mix, and this handsome baker seems to have his heart set on Hanayu too!

User Image
Volume 7
Leaving her internship at Sushi Hyuga to go on her family's annual trip to France is the last thing Hanayu wants to do. On the other hand, a pastry-research trip in Europe is Hayato's idea of a dream come true--can the two aspiring chefs ever catch a break? Plus, Hayato has become suspicious of patisserie assistant Maezawa, who has expressed an interest in Hanayu. As it turns out, both Hanayu and Hayato may have their wires crossed about what Maezawa is really after!

User Image
Volume 8
Hayato's study trip in Europe has taught him more than he can digest about pastries and about himself. Back in Japan, Hanayu has also made incredible progress, becoming a skilled sushi master. However, when Hayato is offered the chance of a lifetime to study pastries in a real French patisserie, his ties to his family and his love for Hanayu hold him back. Can Hanayu change his mind about this important decision without breaking his heart? Find out how the two foodie friends resolve their dreams, family obligations and love for one another in this stunning final volume of Mixed Vegetables!

kel aka gandy
Captain

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:24 pm
the preview looked nice  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:42 pm
I bought the first volume it was really cute!!  

Luna Vampire Yuki

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:23 am
This makes cooking a lot more interesting! whee  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:33 pm
Hey. I bought the first volume. Haven't really gotten far, but I lovez it...! ^-^

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:52 pm
I love cooking in the first place,
so this is great~!
I read the preview, but have yet to pick up the first volume.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:30 pm
I have the vol 1-3 of mixed vegetables. I love the story and I can't wait for the next volume to come out.  

cold2

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:40 am
i actually got a chance to look at it, good series but not my thing  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:29 pm
Is it funny at all?  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:38 pm
I think it's fantastic, but I've only read the first volume.

And @maple_chan: it's fairly funny. I mean, the main plot is Hanayu trying to hook Hayato for his family lineage, but it's definitely funny in the process. :]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:11 pm
This looks interesting, I think I'll give it a go. biggrin  

Mockingjay

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games