Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
The Excellence of Friday

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:16 am
Salam

Abu Huraira reported the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, as saying: ‘The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it Adam was created, on it he was made to enter Paradise, on it he was expelled from it. And the Last Hour will take place on no day other than Friday.’

The Holy Prophet also said on the occasion of Friday: ‘We who are the last shall be the first on the Day of resurrection, except that every Ummah (nation) was given the Book before us and we where given it after them. It was this day (Friday) which Allah prescribed for us and guided us to it and the people came after us with regard to it, the Jews observing the next day and the Christians they day following that.’ With regard to Friday,

the Holy Prophet was also reported as saying: ‘There is no time on Friday at which no Muslim would stand, pray and beg Allah for what is good but He would give it to him’ and he pointed with his hand that (this time) is short and narrow. There is a good deal of difference of opinion among the scholars as to what exactly is that fortunate hour on Friday when the supplication would be granted. The best course is that this hour should be treated as hidden, and the whole day should be spent in supplication and glorification of Allah.

It was the Holy Prophet’s practice to attach special significance and honour to Friday. Examples of this behaviour are numerous, however, the following could be cited: On that day, he recommenced reciting Soorah as-Sajdah (in fajr) [and al-Insaan] because it is inclusive of all affairs relevant to Friday; taking a bath, using perfume and miswak, going to Friday’s congregational prayer early, listening to the sermon, wearing one’s best clothes and remembering Allah all the time.

When the Holy Prophet stood on the pulpit delivering Friday speech (sermon), his eyes would redden and his voice rise sharply with extreme anger. He, however, used to shorten the speech but prolong the prayer following it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:17 pm
its Friday today 3nodding  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:22 pm
tassan

yes , that's why i posted it today smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:31 pm
dark__sunshin
tassan

yes , that's why i posted it today smile

thankyou 3nodding  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:41 pm
I believe this is a good year for me, Not because of some Superstition or any of those word future forecasts people say, but because my birthday this year will be on a Friday. Regardless I have to MAKE it a good year for it to be one, but I think it will be easier for me.

Even if you didn't understand what I said, I'd just like to say Friday has never been the worst day of the week to me, and usually is the best one, regardless if bad things happen or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:57 pm
Haydar the Truthful
I believe this is a good year for me, Not because of some Superstition or any of those word future forecasts people say, but because my birthday this year will be on a Friday. Regardless I have to MAKE it a good year for it to be one, but I think it will be easier for me.

Even if you didn't understand what I said, I'd just like to say Friday has never been the worst day of the week to me, and usually is the best one, regardless if bad things happen or not.

Mashallah =) mine the next next year is going to be in friday xD

Am pretty pathetic huh?? loolz  

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:00 pm
dark__sunshin
Haydar the Truthful

How are you pathetic? confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:20 am
Haydar the Truthful
dark__sunshin
Haydar the Truthful

well u knw counting for my b-day to be in Friday ! ( it will be in 2010 ) lol  

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

_rainarai_

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:22 am
dark__sunshin
Haydar the Truthful
dark__sunshin
Haydar the Truthful

haha xd
well..it was friday yesterday..it was a nice..normal day..it's saturday today..and it started with bad news..i will not say..this is the worst day in my life..i still have hope..the day has not ended yet.. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:24 am
_rainarai_
dark__sunshin
Haydar the Truthful
dark__sunshin
Haydar the Truthful

haha xd
well..it was friday yesterday..it was a nice..normal day..it's saturday today..and it started with bad news..i will not say..this is the worst day in my life..i still have hope..the day has not ended yet.. sad

If thats 2010 wouldn't that be 2 years from now?

Raina it's good you have hope, Usually some sort of remembrance helps me remember my Creator without distress surrounding me, Read Sermons or the Qur'an itself, But also try to understand it.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:42 am
hehe
yah smile .. i checked my b-d on the calendar in 2010 and it shows that it would be Friday!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:32 am
dark__sunshin
hehe
yah smile .. i checked my b-d on the calendar in 2010 and it shows that it would be Friday!

oh..mine will be next year..my birthday will be on friday, 30 january 2009, inchallah..hope it will be a good day! mrgreen  

_rainarai_

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff