Midnight party?
  oh, hells yea.
  nah ah.
View Results

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:06 pm
hey guys, heres a passage from
Breaking Dawn, the first chapter:

"Besides my dad and mom, did it really matter what people where saying about my engagement? About my new car? About my mysterious acceptance into an Ivy League college? About the shiny black credit card that felt red hot in my back pocket right now?"

so, i wonder why she all of a sudden let
edward take control. she promised all
of those things if edward were to give
her what she wanted, (which he didnt,
but tried to, IDIOT, I DONT KNOW
ANYONE WHO TURN DOWN
EDWARD CULLEN!!!)

anyways....why would she do that?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:25 pm
She let Edward take control and give her all those things because she knows that Edward has promised to keep his side of the bargain and she has to keep hers.

P.S. I wouldn't turn Edward down... biggrin redface  

Believe4life

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:59 pm
He only wants the best for her. =P
Her truck stopped working, therefore he bought her a new car to drive.
She needed a an "aliby" type thing for when/if Edward turns her into a vampire...so he chose a good college. Haha.
And she doesn't have a job anymore..so she needs money. And the Cullens are rich...so he's not really controlling her, he's just taking care of her. Well, that's my opinion anyways. =]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Bella said she promised him and he took advantage of their bargain. Of course it doesn't seem that way to him, though deep down he knows it. He's just protecting his fragile human. Since her part of it came up first and a bit suddenly, about the car and such, he hasn't had time to fulfill his end. They're trying to do things right, remember, because of Edward's values. He'll keep his end.... the time just isn't right yet.

Ultimately though, I think the reason is that she feels guilty about what she's been up to with Jake.  

6vampire6mistress6

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:08 am
6vampire6mistress6
Bella said she promised him and he took advantage of their bargain. Of course it doesn't seem that way to him, though deep down he knows it. He's just protecting his fragile human. Since her part of it came up first and a bit suddenly, about the car and such, he hasn't had time to fulfill his end. They're trying to do things right, remember, because of Edward's values. He'll keep his end.... the time just isn't right yet.

Ultimately though, I think the reason is that she feels guilty about what she's been up to with Jake.

yeah, and their could be a catch!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:33 am
Yeah wow... i couldn't believe bella had given up soeasily, i really expected more from her. But im sure knowing what she is gonna get from edward after they are married will be well worth all of her guiltiness...plus jacob is def confusing bella and her situation with edward.

ahhh i can't wait for the next book!!!!  

ktpohgee

Solar window02

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:44 am
III think its cute the was Edwards trying to take care of her. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:42 am
I think it's because marrying Edward at 18 was the last thing she ever wanted to do, just because of her whole paranoia with what everybody would think. So, she probably was thinking what more did she have to lose. After all, she's going to be immortal and outlive everybody she knows now anyways. *shrug*  

KrazyRokrGal

Polyhymnia

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:46 pm
Belle liking jacob stupid bella feeling guilty over edward taking care of her stupid bella not wanting to marry edward stupid, arrgghh that girl!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:36 am
Polyhymnia
Belle liking jacob stupid bella feeling guilty over edward taking care of her stupid bella not wanting to marry edward stupid, arrgghh that girl!

agree  

Believe4life

sky-lights

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:00 am
because they are ENGAGED ... and remember .. they are both a little old fashioned .. where the wife is in the husbands conrol I NOT SAYING THEY ARE FULLY INTO THAT WHOLE THING .. i mean like a little bit here , a little bit there .. so he must have did the whole " im your fiance .. let me buy this for you" thing  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:16 am
Believe4life
She let Edward take control and give her all those things because she knows that Edward has promised to keep his side of the bargain and she has to keep hers.

P.S. I wouldn't turn Edward down... biggrin redface

Hear ! Hear !  

M e y u e

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Edward 100
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers