Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply ZOMG!
AmericaBlanco's Avatar Quest Thread *Weekly Contest Inside* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you just here for the contest?
  Yes.
  No.
  *votes, runs away*
View Results

AmericaBlanco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:45 pm
Step 1: Open (check)
User Image
Step 2: Read (in progress)

Hello fellow Gaian,

You opened this forum, so it must mean you're interested in one way or another (unless you accidentally clicked your way here) right? Well, I am on a quest: a quest to finish my "Nearly Completed and Almost Done Avatar Quest" by the time my birthday rolls along (Fun Fact: Labor Day in Am. is 09/01 this year).

Rules:
The rules of this thread include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. Follow all of Gaia's Rules (including but not limited to the ToS)

2. Follow this (Forum/Guild)'s rules, whichever be the case

3. Follow the "Nothing Above PG-13" rule

4. Follow the "Keep Bumping Minimal" rule

5. Follow any further rules that are specifically stated later in this thread
-------a. (reserved for future rule 5a)
-------b. (reserved for future rule 5b)
-------c. (reserved for future rule 5c)

Consequences:

Failure to follow these rules will result in being blacklisted and, depending on the rule broken, a possible warning/ban from you know who!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:46 pm
The Avatar:

User Image
I don't expect to get the Angelic Sash anytime soon, but it looks good, doesn't it?
Prices are as of July 02, 2008 at 12:00am CST (-6:00)
Total Value: 24,922,769 Gold
After Exclusions: 24,399,889 Gold
After Angelic Sash: 87,389 Gold

Item List:
Cloud
Frostbite Blade
Angelic Mood Bubble
Angelbow
Angelic Collar
Angelic Sash
Angelic Gloves
Angelic Boots
Dead Sexy Moonlight Trousers
Dead Sexy Moonlight Coat
Mythrill Halo

Questbars:
Cloud is priority number one.

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

AmericaBlanco

AmericaBlanco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:47 pm
Quest Thread Contest:

The Quest Thread Contest is a "guess the number" game where the Gaian who guesses the number closest to the random number generated by my post wins 50% of the jackpot. If the number is guessed exactly right, then the winnings are 85% of the jackpot.

In cases of a tie where 2 or more Gaians choose a different number the lowest number always wins.

In cases of a tie where 2 Gaians choose the same number (which is allowed) the winning contestants may choose to either (1) split the winnings evenly (rounding up to the nearest gold) or (2) play a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors by PM-ing me their choice of rock, paper or scissor. (Rock < Paper < Scissor < Rock)

In cases of a tie where 3 or more Gaians choose the same number the winning contestants will split the winnings evenly (rounded up to the nearest gold).

A minimum of 10 players is required. This may change, depending on the outcome of the 1st contest. If in the first contest there are fewer than 10 participants then a compromise will be settled between each party as to how to move along. Suggestions are: continue on with the contest; cancel the contest and refund the gold; cancel the contest but rollover the participants chosen number, gold entree fee and Gaia item(s) to the next contest. Other suggestions are welcome.

Other Gaia items may be awarded aswell. These items will NOT be a subsitute for the gold won, they will be considered "Amended Prizes". If you wish, you may donate an item to the contest winner. Items that are donated will be announced when recieved, however, items that I award myself will not be announced until I generate the random number In other words, if you donate an item please post that you are going to donate it; I will post the item that I will donate at the same time I generate the random number.

No entries will be accepted after Friday 6:00pm CST (-6:00). All proceeding entries will be either refunded or rolled over to the next contest. Participant's choice.

The random number will be generated every Friday at or around 7:00pm CST (-6:00). I may, however, at anytime before the generation of the random number, call a rain check and schedule to generate the random number at a later time. If, for some reason, I do not call a rain check and the random number is generated much later than the expected time then a "Special Circumstance" shall be declared by me (AmericaBlanco) in which case the random number shall be generated as soon as possible.

Prizes will be issued out by active trade followed by a congratulatory PM. If you fail to claim you prize after the automatic 2 week cancel trade period I will send you another PM asking you to claim your prize whenever possible. Prizes not awarded will remain with me until another trade request is started by the said winner.

How To Play:

Step 1: Post a number between 1 and 300 (this is the number you guess)

----------Only the first number you post will be counted. Any posted numbers after that will be ignored and you will recieve a warning to be blacklisted Only 2 of these warnings will place you on the black list.

Step 2: Send a Trade Request to AmericaBlanco (that's me!) with 500g and let me know that it is for "AmericaBlanco's Quest Thread Contest." You can do this by labeling the trade, sending a PM or any other way you find a way how. Just let me know, this is very important! You may also want to let me know the number you guessed, even if you already posted it here.

----------There are official Gaia rules here on charities, quests and contests. Although you may not need to know them, I ask that you be familiar with them and help me follow them.

Step 3: Wait (CAUTION: may require patience)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:49 pm
Winning Numbers:

June 27, 2008 - 000 - AmericaBlanco (Sample)
July 4, 2008 - 211 - LanceCalvis (750g)

This Weeks Contestants:  

AmericaBlanco

AmericaBlanco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:14 am
The White List: heart

zuzie09 > 20K (inc items)
camico95 = 5K (private profile)
xXxEmoAznGrlxXx = Angelic Mood Bubble! (Check out her quest, too!)
LanceCalvis = 1.562K (Check out his quest, too!)
xoxoOpheliac = 1K (WHO ARE YOU!?)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:30 am
The Black List: domokun

Nobody. Yay!

AmericaBlanco

AmericaBlanco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:51 am
My Progress:

Downloaded Gaia Toolbar Wednesday July 02, 2008. It really helps stack up the gold. I highly recommend it.

Item Sold Date Sold Gold Earned & Means Accquired

Blood Drop Brooch Jun-28-2008 03:19:17 PM (89g) (Quest)
Leap Year Frog Jun-28-2008 02:30:24 PM (79g) (LEAP YEAR!!!)
Leather Dress Watch Jun-28-2008 02:28:03 PM (20g) (Vance Vance)
Gold Mountain Tie (Daily Chance>Tokens>Tickets)
Black Orchid Brooch Jun-28-2008 02:24:42 PM (49g) (Quest)
Mummy Mask Jun-28-2008 02:21:22 PM (69g) (Daily Chance)
Mimzy Aura Jun-28-2008 02:18:38 PM (898g) (Quest?)
Chucky the Rubber Ducky Jun-28-2008 03:14:02 AM (2,800g) (Daily Chance>Tokens>Tickets)
Chucky the Rubber Ducky Jun-28-2008 02:56:32 AM (2,800g) (Daily Chance>Tokens>Tickets)
Thick Pink Winter Socks Jun-28-2008 02:41:22 AM (850g) (Daily Chance)
Nitemare Boots Jun-27-2008 12:39:09 AM (5775g) (Market 4750g)
Bear Jun-26-2008 10:24:24 PM (5500g) (Market 1500g)
Jingle Me Hat Jun-21-2008 07:38:10 PM (2898g) (Market 2000g)
Grunny Wall Tile Jun-21-2008 08:45:07 PM (420g) (Daily Chance)
Satin Hairbow Jun-21-2008 06:32:18 PM (1200g) (Daily Chance)
Silk Bowtie Jun-21-2008 06:12:58 PM (298g) (Vance Vance)
...and many many inks!

"Fuzzy penguins make me happy and gleeful, fuzzy Hamburgers do not."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:17 am
Affiliates:  

AmericaBlanco

AmericaBlanco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:46 am
Announcements:

Moved to chatterbox (try my sig)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:49 am
Reserved  

AmericaBlanco