Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
New Crew Expectations! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:33 pm
(Yay for having too many announcements... I'll take care of that soon)

Anyways. My point for this is to outline what I now expect from the crew. While there will be some exceptions to these rules (digital knight who provides a lot of good art comes to mind), but I would like the crew to start following them, and those who fail to read this and accept it will be demoted next week.

- Accept Join Requests. Srsly. Just check once when you log in, and if you're on for a long while (2+ hours) check before you sign off. While we don't usually have a giant influx, I usually see about 1 a day (believe it or not..) and sometimes I see some that are over a day old... this shows me that people aren't checking them often.

- Post something on a near daily basis. Just make sure you post something on the main forum almost every day (though daily is nicer). If no threads interest you, then make a new one. Activity on the main page helps generate more in general, and keeps the guild alive.

- Try to do something for the guild every now and then. Write up articles for the paper, hold a tournament, recruit a dozen members (easier than you think if you spam invites to people in the video game discussion forum), just try to do something every week or so.

Now some people (lol shigeru) are going to probably say stuff like "Oh no! some dude over the internet wants me to post more in his guild". I understand what you're saying, but if that's how you feel, then why do you need to be a crew member? Even if you feel that way you're welcome to be a member and post on your leisure, but you don't need to be a part of the staff who tries to keep things interesting if you have no desire to do so.

Others (lol pachulo) will be like "i r a senior in high skool and i r busy (despite it now being summer) " If you're really to busy to log on to gaia every day or so, post a couple times, and once every now and then do something that takes like 20 minutes (article, tournament, etc.), then you also don't need to be a crew member. While I appreciate the time that these people do spend, if you're really too time pressed to spend 10 minutes (which is highly unlikely), then you don't need the ability to makes stickies/move stuff...

Also, others (lol plumber) will complain that I'm going to demote people without PMing them. Well, I don't really care. This is an announcement, not some thread that will get swallowed up with all the others. This will stay near the top until I tell it not to. If someone doesn't read this in a week, then they probably don't really need to be a crew member anyways...

And, alas, a few others (lol kunx) after demotion will talk about how they helped out the guild a lot in the very beginning and should have their spots back. Honestly, I don't really care about that anymore. In the very beginning, a lot of people were amazing, the guild was booming, but pretty much everyone from back then have stopped helping a lot. Most have left the guild to do other things (rina) or are busy with IRL/wasting their time on random games (kunx, ravemaster, almost every original crew member)

Now.. some people may not be able to access the internet now, and won't read this in time, if this is the case they can appeal to have their positions back. Others, after getting demoted may realize that they actually did care and can also appeal. After all this is settled in a couple weeks, anyone who shows the right potential may be offered a crew spot.

So, in short, crew, start pwning again or just step down and be a member. There really isn't that big of a difference other than the honor of being a crew member... so if being demoting since you weren't doing anything is a big deal, then perhaps you don't really care about the guild anyways.

EDIT: ok, PPC has actually been pretty consistent forever, posts every now and then, and ninja mods. Also, Jon, Darkslasher, and Chaotix are very decent current mods, I just didn't mention them since they joined in later on.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:34 pm
Co-captain =/= Crew.

Right...? gonk

Also, I want to make sure that posting at least a few times a day =/= playing the word games we have.  

Jonnnn

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:56 pm
User Image
I was bored

RL + Billzard = little time. Sorry but I'll do what I can.
So I got this D: User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:36 pm
Well jon, you have to do even more domokun

Kunx, that's not an excuse -_- just make sure you do what I wrote in this thread. Really, it's like 10 mins a day.  

nitnit
Captain

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:45 pm
I'm going for Jon's spot as vice-captain. I promise I'll try my best from now on, sorry for slacking in the past.

BELIEVE IT!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:48 pm
kk  

nitnit
Captain

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:23 pm
yay I'm consistent.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:27 pm
Mirri the Sneak
I'm going for Jon's spot as vice-captain. I promise I'll try my best from now on, sorry for slacking in the past.

BELIEVE IT!

nice edit jon  

nitnit
Captain

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:29 pm
nitnit
Mirri the Sneak

BELIEVE IT!

nice edit jon
lmao  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:25 pm
User Image
I was bored

I see what you did thar.
So I got this D: User Image

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:38 pm
Hooray for me holding a tournament, being active, and submitting articles to the paper every now and then.

Be more like me or something, other crew people... or something...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:54 am
nitnit
Mirri the Sneak

BELIEVE IT!

nice edit jon

wut?

I swear, once I catch who is doing this...  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:23 pm
It was clearly Mazeyelle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:57 pm
Ah, the one good time to do this...

I AM LEAVING!!!!!!

As to why would somebody as awesome (not really) like me would do that is this; I don't really come around here much anymore and nobody really cares for what I have to say. I'm not mad or anythign I just feel that I'm wasting my time here. As to another reason I decided to leave is the fact that i don't feel welcome here anymore. I didn't really see any "Where's Zell?" threads when i disappeared.... stare So i could really care less about this guild right now. So good bye.  

-2 Z Zelly

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:04 pm
No one ever really makes "Where is Xpersonhere" threads... ever... except once about me since I'm the fuggin captain.

Seriously, if you're going to throw a fit because we didn't make a thread asking why you left then seeya =|  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff