Reply Buying and Advice
Need some help Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:05 pm
Today was proof that I really can't take that kind of punishment anymore.

I saw these people walking around with these pads slung on their shoulder and I was wondering what they were called and where I can get them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:24 pm
The recoil absorbing ones? Yeah I saw one or two of those at my local Academy. Didn't notice prices, though, wasn't interested myself. You could try those slip-on recoil butt pad things, too.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:36 am
Okay, fr srs, I always look at the gun s**t at Wally World whenever me and my friends hang out after a movie. Last week, under the gun-mounted recoil pads, hidden on the bottom shelf, was a... I don't know if it was a vest or just a strap-on pad, but it was exactly what you're looking for, and it was under $20, IIRC. Wal-Mart. Just about everyone goes there pretty often from what I gather, so it can't hurt to take a look next time you go by, eh?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:42 am
Hmm ok, excellent.
Hopefully a wal*mart product will stand up to... this kind of punishment.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:48 pm
Checked again when I was in there today, it's just the pad with straps, and it's $20. I forget the brand, but it looked solid, not Wal-Mart house brand.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 am
I saw an d in one of my gun mags that sels stalks that havr rubber built into them to help with recoil, ild look them yp ill try and find the mag.  

EmpressMotoko

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:35 am
Well, I wouldn't want to get one of the slip on ones unless they're easy to remove and install.
If not it would just be silly to buy one for every rifle.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:12 pm
What are you shooting that hurts so bad??

Limbsaver slip-on recoil pads.  

Freak_090
Captain

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:49 pm
I believe this is what he's looking for.

http://www.limbsaver.com/products/Firearms/pad.php  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:53 pm
OberFeldwebel
Well, I wouldn't want to get one of the slip on ones unless they're easy to remove and install.
If not it would just be silly to buy one for every rifle.
I just bought one for my Enfield, and it fits perfect. Haven't tested it out yet, but it was made by Beartooth. It's a neoprene "one size fits most". Cost me less than $20, and comes in 8 colors (black, brown, and 6 different camos).  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:59 am
uryu ishida

Yeah, I looked in SNG and Cheaper than dirt but couldn't find it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:09 pm
uryu ishida

That's about it, the ones that I saw had a much bigger pad that was sewn on. But that's what I'm looking for.

I'd rather buy that than have to buy a recoil pad for every rifle of mine. Or have to slip it on and off each one.  

OberFeldwebel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:12 pm
SG used to have one, and they used to have shirts with the padding sewn in. I don't know if they still carry them or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:53 pm
uryu ishida
SG used to have one, and they used to have shirts with the padding sewn in. I don't know if they still carry them or not.

I doubt they have shirts that are tall. Even then I bet they cost extra.
Better to just get something that I can strap on.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:23 am
I have a similar problem now. The recoil pad I put on my Enfield does wonders on the shoulder. It kicks like a .223 now. Problem is, while it may not hurt the shoulder, the face is a different story. I keep catching myself in the lip with my finger and smashing it against my teeth. Any other grip I've tried is uncomfortable. Anyone have suggestions?  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff